Sander Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He'll come good. I think it speaks volumes for the squad that we can blood a new player in like that while pushing for a European place and it not having an effect on results
It may have affected today's result.

Takes a lot to get me moaning but I thought we were poor today and I can't understand why Wilder changed his mind about Mousset coming on when we desperately needed something different and to get in behind them.

That touch and run in the first few minutes was excellent, he hid a bit after that. Definitely a good footballer, hope his price tag doesn’t dictate that he’s written off after 5 games like McBurnie was.

He's improving each game - we can't ask much more than that at the mo

Besic anyone?

I think Sander was alright today, but as mentioned above, people seemed to not want to pass it to him and he was a bit of a Billy no mates.

Lundstram comes on and is more dynamic but didn't actually achieve much, same last week (apart from a great goal obviously), he was good at Palace.

Besic needs to be in this conversation, he's got a bit of the Berge and the Lundstram, might be worth putting him on the bench over a defender.

My only criticism of Berge is he's shit at our throw in routine.

Still early days for Berge, just another player that will get up to speed with the way we train.

I’d really like to see him in the Norwood role but no way should he take that position just yet. Would like to see this double pivot at some point so we could potentially play with a number 10 again. Having got enough points to stay up now we have the luxury of being able to experiment a bit more.

It may have affected today's result.

Takes a lot to get me moaning but I thought we were poor today and I can't understand why Wilder changed his mind about Mousset coming on when we desperately needed something different and to get in behind them.

We weren't getting in behind them though for the runs that Mousset normally makes. Made sense to bring Didzy on to link up to the front and get something going.

If we are serious about going for Europe, Lunny has to start. Berge is being carried to a certain extent in a very good team. He offers nothing going forward and, understandably, doesn't have the same reading of the game and the other players movement that the rest of the lads have. Today we missed Lunny's presence in the box no end. Berge has to learn this quickly as he'd not getting past Norwood any time soon.

He'll be a great signing, no doubt, but at the moment I feel CW is sending out mixed signals to the squad by playing Sander from the start. Everyone else has to maintain the highest standards and form to keep the shirt. Berge is not one of the best 11 currently.

Next season will be a different matter, but at the moment CWAK are getting this one wrong IMO.

UTB

He's a direct replacement for Norwood shoehorned into a position that doesn't really suit him. Problem is Norwood ain't going anywhere so I hope Sander can adjust.
I don’t see that myself. He hasn’t played a dangerous cross in his time here yet. Doesn’t seem to have the same range of passing at all.

Edit: just to say, I thought it was his best game today and think he grew into the game second half.

and that in a nutshell is where we are at.

In terms of Sander picking up the pace of the Prem - he won't be up to speed until after a full pre-season.

We are going to have to use him properly or the team will suffer without Lunny's energy that he brings.

We had to bring Sander in now as after the Euros he may have been out of our bracket, but in three games, we have potential problems trying to shoehorn him in.

UTB
“A full pre season”. Yes of course! That’s it!

I’d suggest it’s nothing at all to do with that but it’s everything to do with giving him exposure to the pace, skill and competitive nature of the Prem. And that’s exactly what Wilder is doing, quite rightly imo.

I don’t see that myself. He hasn’t played a dangerous cross in his time here yet. Doesn’t seem to have the same range of passing at all.

Edit: just to say, I thought it was his best game today and think he grew into the game second half.

I think we'll change how we play next season and he'll sit in front of the defence with Norwood playing further forward next to Fleck.

Not good enough yet, stop fucking about, play Lunny and give Richario a cameo from the bench, if he can play next to mousett then we could be very dangerous upfront next season.
And as for Mcburnie, £20m, really!?, he looked pathetic today, he should be in the Olympics for some of his dives!, needs to buck his ideas up for me.
Didzy didn't look arsed when he came on, Mousett would've been the better choice, he was about to come on and Wilder pulled him back, error.

Not good enough yet, stop fucking about, play Lunny and give Richario a cameo from the bench, if he can play next to mousett then we could be very dangerous upfront next season.
And as for Mcburnie, £20m, really!?, he looked pathetic today, he should be in the Olympics for some of his dives!, needs to buck his ideas up for me.
Didzy didn't look arsed when he came on, Mousett would've been the better choice, he was about to come on and Wilder pulled him back, error.

Yeah you’re right they’re all shit. How on earth are we 6th?

Am I having a whoosh moment here?

Is this meant to be ironic?

Yeah you’re right they’re all shit. How on earth are we 6th?
None are "shit", but, Lunny is better than Berge currently, Mcburnie looks half arsed, Didzy, just back from injury, didn't look bothered when he came on, what did u see that I didn't!??

There's a player in there no doubt.

However I think he needs bedding in and getting used to the system, regardless of what we've paid for him. His short passing is nice but he's not been particularly threatening, which is understandable of course.

Lunny has his flaws but he has the knack of being in the right place at the right time and right now that's exactly what we need.
Berge is playing for the reasons you state

Lunny is having to sit it out after really pushing himself for first part of the season.

Lunny will start and play more games as we enter the last games of the season

Wilder Out.

I can't agree with a single point you've made with this post.

Crack is expensive, don't have it all at once in future.

Really underwhelmed. Without the ball he doesn’t find space. Looks slow. No one wants to pass to him. With the ball does very little. He totally unbalances the team. Very unathletic. Not sure how he will fit in to our system ever? Obviously Chris rates him . We will just have to wait and see.

Really underwhelmed. Without the ball he doesn’t find space. Looks slow. No one wants to pass to him. With the ball does very little. He totally unbalances the team. Very unathletic. Not sure how he will fit in to our system ever? Obviously Chris rates him . We will just have to wait and see.

Wilder AND Knill out.

It's funny how some people think players are doing fuck all if they don't look like they're blowing out their arse for 90 minutes.

Berge was in some great positions today, but no fucker gave him the ball, except for Baldock with the throw in routine, which Berge isn't good at currently.

Whenever be had the ball, apart from a cross that was too deep he was tidy, and showed good strength.

Respectfully we need more than 'fine' and 'some very nice touches' to make Europe.

I agree but I would also add that if the expectation was Europe then I’d be worried however, I don’t believe it is therefore I feel we have time to be able you fine tune our sin the latter part of this season to perhaps build on it next year.

I as much as anyone would love to get into Europe this season but I think more valuable than that is that we’ve bought ourselves some time to be able to prepare for a more coordinated challenge for Europe next season

Back
Top Bottom