Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why would Leeds sign Berge when we’ve seen they’re actually different players?

I would guess that we sign another midfielder before the end of the window.
I think we will probably on loan but I’d imagine they’ll be more a creative type or they should be and Coulibaly will be the the box to box player taking Hourihane’s minutes from last year.

English tax
Though honestly that's lower than I would have thought for City
Be interesting to see if Berge interest hots up now. I do think they'll be bids coming in, it's whether they represent enough to let the player go and put some back into the squad.

I do think Berge could e a top CDM in the premier league the main attribute is to keep the ball and not give it away which he never does

I could see sander becoming like Moussa Dembele at Spurs if anyone remembers him proper rolls royceeee

He will go to Leeds when there's 10 minutes left in the window. That money will then have disappeared into the ether by time January rolls around. Sander's replacement is already at the club yada yada

Really need Raphinia and Phillips to go for big money, so we can hold out until Leeds trigger Berges release fee of £35m.

I don't really care how he gets on at Leeds but don't think he’ll be a success in England, he’s too inconsistent and immobile in my opinion.

One things for sure and to Sanders credit, I just can’t ever see him filling Kalvin Phillips boots

View attachment 138017
I don't get all the hype about Kevin Phillips. Have you seen him play recently he's got loads of energy will run all day as for skill or class he's worse than me and I was shite.

Really don’t understand this rumour.

Phillips is holding / defensive

Berge is attacking

Two very different players and therefore can’t see this happening
He’s only been that for us Gaffa his entire career previous to that he’s been a deep midfielder who focuses on retaining the ball. He’s different to Phillips in that Phillips is a midfield destroyer but he can play the same position just in a different style.

I don't get all the hype about Kevin Phillips. Have you seen him play recently he's got loads of energy will run all day as for skill or class he's worse than me and I was shite.
Neither do I, gets a couple of England caps and suddenly he’s a world beater.

My comment ‘filling his boots’ was about his dress sense, not his footballing ability 😉

Disagree. Our best XI is weaker than last year. Last year we didn't get promotion.
Our best XI didn’t start playing until Hecky came in. The best XI from that point it would have gained promotion if extrapolated out.
Currently we’re probably slightly weaker but again if you’re comparing the start of this season with last, several players are much more confident and playing better than they were this time in 2021. Fleck, Norwood, Robinson, Brewster, Berge, Bogle.
I don’t think the gap is that huge comparing now with then.

Promising statistics, but they don't tell the full story. We had the league's best creative talent (certainly top 3). There's no way anybody can convince me we'll be fine without him.
Depends what you mean by fine. No doubt he’s a talent we’ll miss, if everyone’s fit (JoC excluded) it’s a side capable of challenging for the playoffs. To think otherwise is to ignore our form under PH and drastically overstate the quality of the league. If Berge and/or others go then it’s a different dynamic but Christ, the windows been open barely 2 weeks and the bed wetting is absolutely unbelievable, even for us.

If Rank average Phillips is woth that lord knows what a player with Berge's vastly superior skill set is worth. The argument that we should sell players because we can't afford promotion is for the birds: you can use that argument all the way to league one.

If he goes to dirty Leeds it'll hurt as it will follow a decades old pattern. It makes me want to vomit.

MGW missed 6 games for us last season after he signed. Our record was W4 D1 L1.
Jayden Bogle carried us through that spell. He was absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully he comes back the same player, but he's out until October.

Berge will stay then according to Hecky,the bodies we will have in the building this season are the ones who contributed a lot last season, so none of the regulars are going.

Berge will stay then according to Hecky,the bodies we will have in the building this season are the ones who contributed a lot last season, so none of the regulars are going.
Unless someone reaches his release clause I think that will be right. Say what you want about the board's seemingly inability to sign new footballers, they do at least hold onto our better players better than any other United board I've seen.

Leeds will have money spare now especially if they get the reported 50m for raphina, so if they really want sander our team will play hardball

Back
Top Bottom