Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A bit conspiracy-ish but haven't seen him in any social media posts about pre season training. Does anyone know if he's due to come late or anything?

A bit conspiracy-ish but haven't seen him in any social media posts about pre season training. Does anyone know if he's due to come late or anything?
He was Injured as far as I was aware. Remember he had a “set back” after a couple of games back in April. Suppose we’ll see soon enough

Berge went on international duty after the season ended so has longer off.

If I was Berge, I think I'd be inclined to stay till January at least.

He moved here as a young lad. Got placed in lockdown then had a bad injury. He doesn't come across like he's interested in the big money move and seems a well grounded lad.
If he backs his ability, 6 months to 1 season in the Championship will still get him his big move.

He moved here as a young lad. Got placed in lockdown then had a bad injury. He doesn't come across like he's interested in the big money move and seems a well grounded lad.
If he backs his ability, 6 months to 1 season in the Championship will still get him his big move.
Not really sure about that. Even nice and grounded people don't want to be earning less than they're worth. And more significantly he'll want to be playing top tier football. Simple as that. So if he's offered the chance I have no doubt he'll take it. My only concern is what we get for him.

Disagree I'm afraid - he has sides in the top flights of several European leagues expressing interest in his services, all almost certainly offering the chance to play European football and a big salary increase (depending on what floats his boat).

Why on earth would he stay at Utd longer than he needs to? I see the only reason he will stay beyond the summer is if the club don't receive offers at the level they deem as acceptable.

Disagree I'm afraid - he has sides in the top flights of several European leagues expressing interest in his services, all almost certainly offering the chance to play European football and a big salary increase (depending on what floats his boat).

Why on earth would he stay at Utd longer than he needs to? I see the only reason he will stay beyond the summer is if the club don't receive offers at the level they deem as acceptable.

I'm thinking a bit of an Harry Maguire situation being sat on the bench. He jumped to PL Hull who didn't play him for the first half of the season. Will he be a first teamer immediately if he goes to Arsenal or Liverpool? I don't know?!?
Couple that with him only just coming back from an injury so may take him time to get back to full speed. Does he want to do that at the elite level, or would it be "easier" for him to recover playing at a lower standard and still get his move anyway?

Just my thoughts obviously

I'm thinking a bit of an Harry Maguire situation being sat on the bench. He jumped to PL Hull who didn't play him for the first half of the season. Will he be a first teamer immediately if he goes to Arsenal or Liverpool? I don't know?!?
Couple that with him only just coming back from an injury so may take him time to get back to full speed. Does he want to do that at the elite level, or would it be "easier" for him to recover playing at a lower standard and still get his move anyway?

Forgot about Hull not playing him - no wonder they ended up where they did! It was obvious to everyone who knew about football that Maguire would one day play for England.

I can see your point MB but think it unlikely all things considered, particularly with Utd seemingly seeing him as the most viable asset to move on.

Agree Mouth...but we have to careful not to roll over on price....having said that he's only one more hamstring injury away from not being worth very much at all!

It's a game of poker because i think we want to sell him and its not clear how many serious buyers are out there. Arsenal know all this so may just wait until the last minute and see if we blink.

Forgot about Hull not playing him - no wonder they ended up where they did! It was obvious to everyone who knew about football that Maguire would one day play for England.
our friends in s6 didnt think that can remember em continually slagging him off saying he was way overated just shows eh what stupid idiots they really are 🐷

Did'nt Egan do the same,got an extra week or summat,he's in Spain now wi lads.

Maybe (can't remember but wasn't he injured?). Stevens did. It's a job, remember. You can't give some employees 8 weeks holiday and others 6.

Maybe (can't remember but wasn't he injured?). Stevens did. It's a job, remember. You can't give some employees 8 weeks holiday and others 6.
Of course you can. Depends what’s on the contract. I’ve worked loads of places where amount of holiday allowance is dependent on tenure, seniority or when the contract was signed.

Looks like gunners looking elsewhere now. Big Slav, says he is not with them because of a slight injury. He also states do not assume he is leaving. No notice of a " public" offer, however , privately, who knows!!!!!

Looks like gunners looking elsewhere now. Big Slav, says he is not with them because of a slight injury. He also states do not assume he is leaving. No notice of a " public" offer, however , privately, who knows!!!!!
think our valuation of berge has scared arsenal off and its great that were standing our ground who knows slav might just be able to persuade sander to stay with us until january at least and see where were at we could be challenging for a swift return to the prem

think our valuation of berge has scared arsenal off and its great that were standing our ground who knows slav might just be able to persuade sander to stay with us until january at least and see where were at we could be challenging for a swift return to the prem
If he and Ramsdale stay there will be no fees paid on signings unless some of the other assets are sacrificed

...or if he wants to ensure he is match fit in an environment in which he feels comfortable. He can then move on if United agree.

Arsenal after Neves it’s being reported for £35m. If true and they got him unlikely they’d go for Sander too. Neves a proven player at PL level too while Sander has yet to fulfil that potential

Arsenal after Neves it’s being reported for £35m. If true and they got him unlikely they’d go for Sander too. Neves a proven player at PL level too while Sander has yet to fulfil that potential

Sounds a huge amount for Neves IMHO - after a barnstorming first 18 months, he's flattered to deceive since.

I never felt Arsenal were serious about Berge - they'd only take him on the cheap. For some reason I thought Berge would be more naturally suited to Liverpool's style of play if he were to move to another English club.

I still feel his natural game may be a touch slow for top-end Prem and may be better suited to Spain or Italy, where he'd get more time. Mind you, I always felt Maguire's progress would be limited by his lack of pace so what do I know?

Neves right now is a better signing for them if we’re wanting similar money.

The Napoli loan thing doesn’t make sense for me. If he goes he needs to go for a good fee that allows us to bring in for example Cairney.

Sounds a huge amount for Neves IMHO - after a barnstorming first 18 months, he's flattered to deceive since.

I never felt Arsenal were serious about Berge - they'd only take him on the cheap. For some reason I thought Berge would be more naturally suited to Liverpool's style of play if he were to move to another English club.

I still feel his natural game may be a touch slow for top-end Prem and may be better suited to Spain or Italy, where he'd get more time. Mind you, I always felt Maguire's progress would be limited by his lack of pace so what do I know?
I think Wolves as a team struggled more last season certainly after losing Jimenez so his form along with many others wasn’t as good. Always thought he looked a class act though

Thing we have to appreciate with Berge is that if it's true that the clubs that are rumoured are after him we can't be silly.
If they meet the fee, Berge would likely jump at the chance to go to Arsenal or Napoli for instance. Even Villa too.

There are some saying that the days of us bending over, (McCabe style) for the first offer are gone but that very much remains to be seen, there's no evidence to date at all........I'm not convinced myself that both Berge and Rammers wont be sold for "undisclosed" fees way below what we should be getting for them......it's the Sheffield United way, it's in our DNA.

The difference is we really don't have to sell, (well we shouldn't need to) therefore we can hold out for the price we want, lets just see if we have the balls to do it. Play hard ball for once, Brentford style, we get told to fuck off with derisory offers and we need to start doing the same.

I’m surprised you think £35m for Neves looks steep, given (I believe) you think Berge is worth that.

Whatever Neves’s form lately, he’s proved he can be a top player in the premier league. Berge hasn’t.

Back
Top Bottom