Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Which players had the management team had their eyes on? We will never know! Now you know why they couldn’t get them. Annoyance/anger/frustration or someone playing Russian roulette with the club I love

Reactions: Dkc
If Berge was sold we surely couldnt have got any replacements in as we are under a transfer embargo the club has allegedly said this would not be addressed until sometime in February. I dont think we have any special circumstances. We have not paid what we should have

The special circumstances are the EFL already have a large sum of money given to them held as a deposit.
So they know if the takeover is agreed, they will definitely get their money.

Anyhow it doesn't matter. As you say we couldn't bring in any replacement, therefore Berge was never going to be sold.

The special circumstances are the EFL already have a large sum of money given to them held as a deposit.
So they know if the takeover is agreed, they will definitely get their money.

Anyhow it doesn't matter. As you say we couldn't bring in any replacement, therefore Berge was never going to be sold.
He was and so was Berge (fact)

don’t thank the Prince! As I said if only he’d have paid his bill earlier we could have brought players in. Sorry he was touting our other players around clubs.

So the Prince now works as a football agent as well? How would he be touting players?
and if he was doing that....then why weren't those players sold......if he's still officially the owner and desperate for some cash.

Wouldn't one expect the Prince to have lost a lot of interest in us........as he's now sold the club.
Surely the new owner is the one that should be taking more interest in ensuring we're still on target to be promoted.

Meanwhile, at the Star….

Did you see the recent headline?

Blades are chuffed to bits that we apparently we're knocking back bids of 20-25m+ for two of our most valuable players.

So to capture this euphoric mood, the Star, forever with it's finger on the pulse and always keen to shed United in a positive light went with:

"Sheffield United's manager didn't get everything he wanted during the transfer window"

At least the YP got it:

"Victory for Paul Heckingbottom as Sheffield United hold firm on Sander Berge and Iliman Ndiaye"

Meanwhile the Examiner also got it:

"Paul Heckingbottom gets main Sheffield United wish as focus now turns to transfer embargo issue"

Talk about capture the mood!

Well, I for one am extremely surprised that we've survived 2x transfer windows this season without losing any star asset.

Long live the Prince.

Why would you be surprised?

All you need to do is look at the evidence and recent history.

The evidence/ reports shows we have been sold and are currently odds on to be promoted to the Premier league.
Do you really think someone would pay around £50 million for a club and have zero interest that his club might miss out on promotion.
The new owner will ensure we remain in a strong position to maximise his income. That's basic business principles.
Also the idea that the EFL debt won't be paid and embargo won't be shortly cleared is ridiculous.
Why would anyone buy a club then allow it to be punished by not being able to trade for 2 transfer windows?

The recent history shows that Prince has never sold a single player unless it was to make us better.
The only star we sold was Ramsdale and apparently it was Ramsdale that forced the club's hand.
Regards sales the Prince has constantly said any of our players could be sold BUT only if we receive a bid too good to turn down and only if we then bring in more effective replacements. He's always been consistent and professional, so it would seem totally out of character and bizarre if that changed.
The idea that he's suddenly turned into this Bond villain determined to ruin our club is like something out of a fiction book.

However of course once you've sold something then it's natural/ normal for your interest to dramatically decrease
but then the inference that our new (yet unknown) owner must be incompetent, naive and clueless or "out to get us", is also extremely unlikely.
Anyone able to spend 50 mil on a club and is serious enough to leave a large deposit with the EFL should have a history of high business acumen.

Last edited:
Why would you be surprised?

All you need to do is look at the evidence and recent history.

The evidence/ reports shows we have been sold and are currently odds on to be promoted to the Premier league.
Do you really think someone would pay around £50 million for a club and have zero interest that his club might miss out on promotion.
The new owner will ensure we remain in a strong position to maximise his income. That's basic business principles.
Also the idea that the EFL debt won't be paid and embargo won't be shortly cleared is ridiculous.
Why would anyone buy a club then allow it to be punished by not being able to trade for 2 transfer windows?

The recent history shows that Prince has never sold a single player unless it was to make us better.
The only star we sold was Ramsdale and apparently it was Ramsdale that forced the club's hand.
Regards sales the Prince has constantly said any of our players could be sold BUT only if we receive a bid too good to turn down and only if we then bring in more effective replacements. He's always been consistent and professional, so it would seem totally out of character and bizarre if that changed.
The idea that he's suddenly turned into this Bond villain determined to ruin our club is like something out of a fiction book.

However of course once you've sold something then it's natural/ normal for your interest to dramatically decrease
but then the inference that our new (yet unknown) owner must be incompetent, naive and clueless or "out to get us", is also extremely unlikely.
Anyone able to spend 50 mil on a club and is serious enough to leave a large deposit with the EFL should have a history of high business acumen.
serious enough to leave a large deposit with the EFL

Where have you got this information from? Are you referring to the new owners deposit to buy the Club as part of the Sale and Purchase Agreement?

27d.jpg

No shit Shernicko. Working out any transfer fee becomes Sanders signing on fee or similar isn’t ITK science.

I see Darren is claiming United turned down £20m from Newcastle despite most media outlets categorically saying they wanted a loan until the end of the season.

How about fuckoff sander.

Sell him end of the season.... if no dice, leave him out completely then see what big fee he will get.
I'd love him to stay next season if we're promoted to the PL. His game will be more suited to the Premier League. If things go well we could even offer him a new contract.

The lad has been messed about and suffered demoralising injuries, but has been a good pro and still has a lot to offer. I certainly don't wish he'd "fuck off".

How about fuckoff sander.

Sell him end of the season.... if no dice, leave him out completely then see what big fee he will get.
Bit harsh for me that Tarqs. Sander signed a contract with us and he’s fulfilling it. Very professional. Never once pushed for a move. If we go up and he helps us stay up, then I for one won’t begrudge him his move. It’s his career at the end of the day.

I'd love him to stay next season if we're promoted to the PL. His game will be more suited to the Premier League. If things go well we could even offer him a new contract.

The lad has been messed about and suffered demoralising injuries, but has been a good pro and still has a lot to offer. I certainly don't wish he'd "fuck off".
Any player running contracts down with 18 months left... that have cost what he has and delivered little wont be getting any sentiment from me.

He'll be taking a big risk doing that

If he plays in the PL for a season in a team that will make it difficult for him and he proves he isn't good enough at that level (he isn't), then he shouldn't be surprised when those anticipated big contract offers don't roll in

I suspect he'll barely be able to earn more than he could by moving now..... and he'd have to stay in Sheffield for another year

Really wish we sold him and brought 2 in. Best for all parties. We'd be considerably stronger and more failure proof than we are now

He'll be taking a big risk doing that

If he plays in the PL for a season in a team that will make it difficult for him and he proves he isn't good enough at that level (he isn't), then he shouldn't be surprised when those anticipated big contract offers don't roll in

I suspect he'll barely be able to earn more than he could by moving now..... and he'd have to stay in Sheffield for another year

Really wish we sold him and brought 2 in. Best for all parties. We'd be considerably stronger and more failure proof than we are now
I can see us selling in the offseason..... Berge is a good kid but obviously doesn't want to be a Blade.

I can see us selling in the offseason..... Berge is a good kid but obviously doesn't want to be a Blade.
Would like to think so but the management seem awestruck by him and must treat him as our superstar who carries the team on his back

If we go into the PL and insist on making him someone to build around we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot, because it will be the team carrying him. And if ever we can afford zero passengers......

Would like to think so but the management seem awestruck by him and must treat him as our superstar who carries the team on his back

If we go into the PL and insist on making him someone to build around we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot, because it will be the team carrying him. And if ever we can afford zero passengers......
I can't see us building the team around him. His agent been pushing to sell for the past two years and it seems we are pushing for a sale this past January. I think we are stronger with him in the side and for the promotion push but once we go up - a new midfield will be needed.

I can't see us building the team around him. His agent been pushing to sell for the past two years and it seems we are pushing for a sale this past January. I think we are stronger with him in the side and for the promotion push but once we go up - a new midfield will be needed.
What we need to aim for if promoted is similar to what we had last time with the 'flat 3' in midfield (inevitable anyway with Hecky)

It would be much more viable and less limiting this time because in Ndiaye we have someone who is perfectly suited and more than good enough to be the one behind a CF. Would give us a new dimension to last time and reduce pressure on the CMs offensively

For me sell Berge and make sure we get a good RCM and CF who are both athletes. We won't though. Berge will be the RCM, we'll have little possession and be too easy to dominate in midfield

What we need to aim for if promoted is similar to what we had last time with the 'flat 3' in midfield (inevitable anyway with Hecky)

It would be much more viable and less limiting this time because in Ndiaye we have someone who is perfectly suited and more than good enough to be the one behind a CF. Would give us a new dimension to last time and reduce pressure on the CMs offensively

For me sell Berge and make sure we get a good RCM and CF who are both athletes. We won't though. Berge will be the RCM, we'll have little possession and be too easy to dominate in midfield
Totally agree with that, minus the Berge will be here comment ;)

Imo most games are won in the midfield. We can't continue to play with three midfielders that lack mobility (hoof ball does not work in the EPL). Whoever the new owner is, I hope they have a plan to bring in 3-4 mobile midfielders (who are not afraid to run with the ball).

were gonna need a minimum 9 players if we get promoted 3 defenders 3 midfielders 2 strikers and a keeper

Sounds good. Also sounds easy.

Talk us through it - how would you do it?

Back
Top Bottom