Sami

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Remember the game against Bolton last season when he ran from the halfway line and nearly scored? That’s what he can do. Same as Brooks, albeit not on the same level. They have the ability to decide a game with a bit of skill. Lundstram doesn’t have that, which isn’t a criticism because he’s not that kind of player. But Carruthers (and Brooks, and Holmes, and Duffy) will lose the ball sometimes because they’re risk takers. But a couple of times against Leicester he got the ball and got his head up, he beat his man with a nice bit of skill before losing it. He’s by no means the answer at the minute and is deservedly behind the three mentioned earlier in the pecking order, but he seems to be the latest target for the boo boys.

He gets some stick on the forums, definitely. And we do have previous for turning on a player and writing them off before they've had chance to prove themselves. But Carruthers has been at the club long enough to make more of an impact than he has. His flashes of promise (and I agree with you that there have been a couple) have been too few and too far between. Recently he's looked worryingly off the pace and frankly a level below anyone else on the park. So I don't think it's right to call it an "ant-Carruthers narrative" as if it's some sort of sinister agenda. I reckon people have just noticed that he's not good enough.

He gets some stick on the forums, definitely. And we do have previous for turning on a player and writing them off before they've had chance to prove themselves. But Carruthers has been at the club long enough to make more of an impact than he has. His flashes of promise (and I agree with you that there have been a couple) have been too few and too far between. Recently he's looked worryingly off the pace and frankly a level below anyone else on the park. So I don't think it's right to call it an "ant-Carruthers narrative" as if it's some sort of sinister agenda. I reckon people have just noticed that he's not good enough.

That’s fair enough mate, we all have our opinions :D

He’s slow and ponderous in possession, falls over when dispossessed looking for a foul and hardly ever tracks back. He also looks a stone over weight and has lost half yard.

If everyone it was important for him to get out on loan start 20 games get all of the above back and then re-evaluate. Unfortunately that didn’t happen.

It’s now about if he has the attitude to put in the hard yards to get back in the team/squad. If not he’s destined for league 1 football.

Back
Top Bottom