Safe Standing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah and who monitors it .... stewards are chocolate fireguard ... a retrograde step in my opionion

Those who choose to stand at football matches, myself included, currently do so at our own risk and can often end up with bruised shins from being pushed into the seats in front when a goal is scored, or even going over the row in front entirely.

Standing happens regardless of whether there's safe standing apparatus installed or not. By installing the right gear we're making it safer for everyone. It's that simple.

If too many knobheads try and push in to such a section then we either have to extend it to meet demand or have our toys taken away from us until we learn how to behave. It would be incredibly frustrating to watch clubs around us install this and not seek to do it ourselves.

I don't know your age either, but I was probably stood on the Kop before you were born,,,,

That's nowt, I was stood on the Kop before there was a Kop, even lobbed a bottle at a passing Stegasaurus. Big queue back then for the bronto burgers though.

I'm surprised people are so unaware of what exactly the new style standing is yet still comment on it.

The next battle is for it to raise capacity over seating like it can in Germany.
I was under the impression that it actually reduced capacity all be it negligible. As the structures took up a little bit more room.

Yeah and who monitors it .... stewards are chocolate fireguard ... a retrograde step in my opionion
What do you think needs monitoring with these standing spaces over current seats? What will be happening that is more dangerous than seats with no rails between that we have now??

I’m in Germany for work, and I’ve visited 3 stadiums in two days they just get it right here they encourage the atmosphere which I’m return encourages football tourism they have the blend just right could be argued the stadiums are soulless bowls but they’re in residential areas rather than reading estates on the edge of town historically they seem to knock stadiums down and redevelop on the same land or so is the case where I’ve been ie Koln, Dortmund and Leverkusen..

they drive the atmosphere from one stand and then focus on experience in the other stands they use the Curva as a selling point or spectacle so to speak when pushing the other stands. Saw this on Leverkusens website. Even got seating options for the fat and long lads

9E267761-8DB2-443A-AD22-3CFC74DE85C4.png

ive stood at majority of away games & wembley. so ive no problems with that. but im from a time period of effectively 00s onwards. so have only know seating.

but its got to be thought through well. & i would be wary of going back to what ive seen in games in 70s. as the liverpool kop seems terrifying. the swaying the jolt forward after a goal & saw some talking about doubling capacity & even thought it wont apply to me as hopefully it will only be on the kop. you don't want to be going back to cramming people in like sardines
Why would folk be crammed in? Safe standing isn't like the olden days stuff. Imagine a parking bay with one car in it. That's a safe standing spot. One spot, one person. You get a ticket for the standing section. It's not a free for all.

And this is why things won't be allowed to evolve. There are many examples of videos showing how this stuff works. It is not a case of just ripping seats out and putting a handrail at waist height every 10 rows.

Who monitors the back of the kop now? The gangways where I am, nobody sits (even the young kids that come with their parents). Why would safe standing be any different to the unsafe practice that happens now? Other than it being, ya know, Erm, 'safe'?

Why would folk be crammed in? Safe standing isn't like the olden days stuff. Imagine a parking bay with one car in it. That's a safe standing spot. One spot, one person. You get a ticket for the standing section. It's not a free for all.

And this is why things won't be allowed to evolve. There are many examples of videos showing how this stuff works. It is not a case of just ripping seats out and putting a handrail at waist height every 10 rows.
i explained on post #120 of why this is was from another posters mentioning of the german rules of 1.6 - 1

i explained on post #120 of why this is was from another posters mentioning of the german rules of 1.6 - 1
Last time I looked, the English version would be 1.3 - 1. But that can always be amended to 1-1. If not, why not?

Last time I looked, the English version would be 1.3 - 1. But that can always be amended to 1-1. If not, why not?
ive said on post #120 that im in favour, but it has to be thought through well, has to be 1 seat - 1 ticket & as it has to be a particular section cant be all the ground

There is a quote from the club on Yorkshire live:

"Sheffield United sees many benefits in operating a safe standing area at Bramall Lane and have held preliminary discussions with the Sports Ground Safety Authority (SGSA). We will continue to explore our options before committing further".

If you really want to know what could go wrong, first off stick em in that club across the City,
They even turned cushions into weapons' when the club tried them..... :tumbleweed:

If you really want to know what could go wrong, first off stick em in that club across the City,
They even turned cushions into weapons' when the club tried them..... :tumbleweed:
Good point. Let's not have seats either, Leeds fans smash em off and Chuck em.
Prize for most uninformed posts in one thread.

Never happen here regardless of what happens elsewhere. The Sheffield City Council Safety Executive will play the "It's in bad taste thing, considering the disaster happened here". They can't even let us have all our seats that are available, never mind a standing area.
A standing area designed for 1,000 people would have about 50 people in it by the time they're done.

I think this safe standing nonsense is a terrible idea

I cant stand for 90 minutes at the match and im sure the majority of blades are in a a similar situation so its a no from me
Interesting selfish response. Why stop others who clearly would like it just because you can’t manage to stand?

Just putting this out there..

safe standing is safer than the current seating arrangements.

Ball in the net for a last minute winner and there is a cascade of limbs, arse over tit for 6 rows whilst safe standing comes with barriers that come up above the waist.

Common sense approach would be to put them in where people stand already ie back of the kop, I can guarantee it will be 100% sold out every game and they will have to extend it.. I know I’d move there and I’ve not stepped foot on the kop since the night they filmed When Saturday Comes

Check out the new South stand at headingley Rugby ground. Lower Half terracing and upper half seating. Looks and is brilliant.
You don't actually need the rail seats just a reasonable number of barriers But because its football we have to them and the silly densities based on seat spaces.
Still, something better than nothing standing wise

Leeds Rhinos, Warrington, St Helens, Leicester Tigers, Bath, Gloucester to name a few are as well supported as a lot of Championship clubs and all have sizeable standing areas.

The whole standing issue surrounds the 1980's stereotypical image of football supporters as drunken neanderthals who can't control themselves when in reality 99.9% of people are at games with the intention of being there to watch and enjoy the game without it being at anyone else's expense.

Funny in it, but you don't seem to get the same number of idiots in any other sport, that you do in football,
Well in the ground anyway.
It must be the passion........ ;)

Just putting this out there..

safe standing is safer than the current seating arrangements.

Ball in the net for a last minute winner and there is a cascade of limbs, arse over tit for 6 rows whilst safe standing comes with barriers that come up above the waist.

Common sense approach would be to put them in where people stand already ie back of the kop, I can guarantee it will be 100% sold out every game and they will have to extend it.. I know I’d move there and I’ve not stepped foot on the kop since the night they filmed When Saturday Comes

Likewise I’d be straight up there to stand.

That's nowt, I was stood on the Kop before there was a Kop, even lobbed a bottle at a passing Stegasaurus. Big queue back then for the bronto burgers though.
That must be why he talks bollocks. He's still concussed.

I've always got the sense that there's more space in between seats in Germany than there is over here. The bratwurst has to go somewhere.

If everyone is standing where do I sit Bob ?
No one at any point has said it would be for all seats. That’s never been the plan and there will always be seating within the ground.
Why can’t those that want to stand stand safely and those that want to sit sit? Live and let live FB.

Independent campaign group Stand United asked 500 Blades for their views on whether it should be introduced at Bramall Lane in the future, and whether United should join the clubs set to trial safe standing in the new year

Of those taking part in the survey, 88% said they want to see rail seating introduced, with the Kop viewed as a natural place for this.

And 91% said they would like their club to go one step further and actually trial safe standing in the next two years.
YorkshireLive

Back
Top Bottom