Safe Standing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi Stegosaurus,

Why? You can see perfectly well sat down. There's zero need to stand up at all. In fact, it's annoying when you're comfy and then a pleb in front stands up for no reason (He can see Norword take a corner that hits the first defender just fine sat down) so then everybody else needs to stand up too.

Hi Stegosaurus,

Why? You can see perfectly well sat down. There's zero need to stand up at all. In fact, it's annoying when you're comfy and then a pleb in front stands up for no reason (He can see Norword take a corner that hits the first defender just fine sat down) so then everybody else needs to stand up too.

The safe standing isn’t everywhere In the ground. Its a selected area.
So in future everyone who wants to stand will be able to stand all match…altho they will have a seat too…to rest when needed.
Where as people like you will be able to sit in section of the ground where standing is banned so you’ll have a clear view.

Its a win-win situation.
People who want to stand can stand. People who prefer to sit will have a clear view.

Hi Stegosaurus,

You have to stand up if you hate Wednesday though don't you, it's like the rules - tell me that you do that?!

Must be this season because Chelsea have already started putting in those standup terrace seats in at one corner of Stamford Bridge like Celtic have got at Parkhead
1630231621203.png

The ones who make me laugh are the old farts who grumble if they have to stand up to let someone past but then come half time they then stand up for 10 or 15 minutes at their seat.

And talking about seats, sat in John St against Derby for the first time in a while. Started off near the half way line and had plenty of leg room.

Decided to move to the kop end second half and literally couldn't get my knees in. I'm only 5' 11" ffs. Who built that stand? Yosser Hughes?

Atmosphere was much better in the terrace days. Also when your 6 foot sitting down is very uncomfortable and hurts your knees when jumping up.

Not doing much in the way of jumping up and down at the mo but you are right. 6ft +s of the world unite - I know let's form an action group!

The ones who make me laugh are the old farts who grumble if they have to stand up to let someone past but then come half time they then stand up for 10 or 15 minutes at their seat.

And talking about seats, sat in John St against Derby for the first time in a while. Started off near the half way line and had plenty of leg room.

Decided to move to the kop end second half and literally couldn't get my knees in. I'm only 5' 11" ffs. Who built that stand? Yosser Hughes?

Yeah - he said 'he could do that!'

Atmosphere was much better in the terrace days. Also when your 6 foot sitting down is very uncomfortable and hurts your knees when jumping up.

I'm pretty sure that's a myth.
I can remember some terrible atmospheres in the 80's.
Its whats happening on the pitch and the amount of opposition fans that make the real difference in atmosphere.

Hi Stegosaurus,

Hi Steghead ... big cup game for your boys this week, Newcastle U21s (lo how the not so mighty have fallen) at the dear old rusket bucket, or as they say in Italy Il Stadio de Rustio

Yes lets all vote for another Hillsborough eh,
Just wondering how many 6'4'' people go to the lane ?....... :rolleyes: ,
Rail seating is safe standing, the rail in front of each spectator prevents falling into/onto people. Couple in the fact that there no barriers or fencing at the front anymore, therefore those at the front can easily access the pitch, the potential of another Hillsborough situation is not there.

People who are short can either wear platform boots or choose to buy a ticket in the 80% of the ground which isn’t safe standing.
Theoretically maybe, but show me an area of the ground where I can get our 4 season tickets together.

Back
Top Bottom