Sack Slav

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll form my opinion on the manager at the end of September.

I think I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Leave the sandy vaginas to it in the meantime.

UTB

If you're not just looking for a reaction and that's you're genuine belief do you have a suggestion of someone who has a better track record than Slav in this division and who would be willing to come to the Lane and produce instant results with the current squad?

If you're not just looking for a reaction and that's you're genuine belief do you have a suggestion of someone who has a better track record than Slav in this division and who would be willing to come to the Lane and produce instant results with the current squad?
Weve got the right results for this current squad, it's just that they all end in a loss.

Apologies, the title should have had a question mark. The next few weeks will need us to spend 20m plus in order to change the squad balance to fit the style and formation Slav wants to play or can get results playing. Justifying doing that seems hard when the start he has made is so poor. His preparation for the season in terms of knowing what the strengths and weaknesses of our player are and the same regarding our opponents has not been good enough and led to questionable decisions in line ups, team shape, preparation for set pieces and substitutions. I would love him to have the players he wants and us playing slick, attacking football that gets results. However, if I was the board I would be less confident in his plans and skills now than when he was hired as it would have been hard for any manager to get worse performances and results with this group of players than he has.

in terms of a solution, if we did decide not to trust Slav to rebuild the entire squad, I would look to steady the ship. Get Heckingbottom to take over and revert to the the formation we played when promoted last time. Buy or loan couple of players to help that system, a creative midfielder in the Duffy role and a goalkeeper.

When appointed the brief was evolution not revolution, the line up against Birmingham did not suggest this and from the at point on we have seemed lost.

Only Slav will know if he still had the hunger. For the money he will be on and with the back room team he has in place. He should be able to do a better job with the tools at his disposal.

It will cost 20m+ to rebuild a team that meets what a Slav wants. Nothing against him, but he is journeying manager who doesn’t appear to have the hunger, skill or will to work with his hands tied and given what is a squad that most could easily have competing in the top half, if not better. Rather than waste money on his rebuild, getting rid, losing a couple of million, and giving the role to Heckingbottom until Jan would make the most sense.
His record with the players we have would mean that relegation was less likely and we could rebuild towards playoff or a challenge next year.
Keeping Slav seems a risk not work taking. He has no record of doing the type of job required.

Wilder would have this squad in the top two, as much as his signings haven’t been perfect, the best outcome is he accepts a return in Jan and we can go again.

UTB
Wtf 🐖🐷

Apologies, the title should have had a question mark. The next few weeks will need us to spend 20m plus in order to change the squad balance to fit the style and formation Slav wants to play or can get results playing. Justifying doing that seems hard when the start he has made is so poor. His preparation for the season in terms of knowing what the strengths and weaknesses of our player are and the same regarding our opponents has not been good enough and led to questionable decisions in line ups, team shape, preparation for set pieces and substitutions. I would love him to have the players he wants and us playing slick, attacking football that gets results. However, if I was the board I would be less confident in his plans and skills now than when he was hired as it would have been hard for any manager to get worse performances and results with this group of players than he has.

in terms of a solution, if we did decide not to trust Slav to rebuild the entire squad, I would look to steady the ship. Get Heckingbottom to take over and revert to the the formation we played when promoted last time. Buy or loan couple of players to help that system, a creative midfielder in the Duffy role and a goalkeeper.

When appointed the brief was evolution not revolution, the line up against Birmingham did not suggest this and from the at point on we have seemed lost.

Only Slav will know if he still had the hunger. For the money he will be on and with the back room team he has in place. He should be able to do a better job with the tools at his disposal.
Can see no benefit from going backwards.

The brutal reality for Blades fans is that the current team comprises good players either peaking in ability, age or both and expensive under achievers.

If Pep could be persuaded to ditch City for us he would still face the twin challenges of having to rotate players to try to find some sort of team whilst trying to win funds to rebuild.

It will cost 20m+ to rebuild a team that meets what a Slav wants. Nothing against him, but he is journeying manager who doesn’t appear to have the hunger, skill or will to work with his hands tied and given what is a squad that most could easily have competing in the top half, if not better. Rather than waste money on his rebuild, getting rid, losing a couple of million, and giving the role to Heckingbottom until Jan would make the most sense.
His record with the players we have would mean that relegation was less likely and we could rebuild towards playoff or a challenge next year.
Keeping Slav seems a risk not work taking. He has no record of doing the type of job required.

Wilder would have this squad in the top two, as much as his signings haven’t been perfect, the best outcome is he accepts a return in Jan and we can go again.

UTB
Laughable. Wilder fucked off the second the going got tough. He realised he'd built a team incapable of challenging, disrespected all the fans, insulted the board in public then fucked off out the back door to the tune of 4m compensation. Fuck wilder, he's gone. He's not coming back.

We scored barely a goal every other game last year - said a million times that was never going to change even in a lower league

it’s the squad that’s broken

need some creativity or this is the result. Players can’t score, defence plays shit because of the pressure as they know we need a clean sheet to win a match or even get a point

Last edited:

UTB
This is bollox

UTB

Attachments

• thats-bait-tom-hardy.gif
    thats-bait-tom-hardy.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
So many things wrong with the OP it's hard to know where to start, but this comment from oldblade is telling. "Exactly the same sort of sentiments were being expressed about Wilder after his first 4 league games in charge".
When did our fans become so entitled that they think after 4 games you should bin the manager & start again? With the squad Slav inherited I don't think any current manager could sort it out in 4 games. He has now tried 3 different formations, & we haven't looked good in any of them. To me it looks like he is sorting out the ones he wants to keep before he bins the rest. Ideally it would have been done in pre season & friendlies, but we even managed to cock that up. One of the phrases Slav used was "Evolution not revolution", I bet he regrets that now, he had no time to discover there was no fight, legs, guile, will to win left in this bunch.
Another thing, Wilder didn't "fuck off as soon as the going got tough", as another poster opined, oh no, he made sure he put his foot down & accelerated our dive into obscurity, & indoctrinated a failed system so deep in them that they are stuff in a looped game of failure. It's like he thought "well I can't get anything out of them anymore so I will make sure no one else can".
I say this as a Wilder fan for the most part, but we are now suffering, & will continue to suffer, for what happened during his last months.

What these lads are lacking is a good fatherly talking too from Mr Warnock, I'm sure he would explain in a cool, calm manner where they are going wrong. Judging from his side's defeat at QPR the other night, it looks like he's still got it.

Laughable. Wilder fucked off the second the going got tough. He realised he'd built a team incapable of challenging, disrespected all the fans, insulted the board in public then fucked off out the back door to the tune of 4m compensation. Fuck wilder, he's gone. He's not coming back.
Largely agree with that.

Had to laugh yesterday, two different people asked me if I'd seen that Wilder's bessie had said he wanted to come back.

Where do people get this shit.

In case you had forgotten the club provided him with next to no pre season, so unlike the fans who have been watching us for years and know the limitations inside out, he’s having to find out on the fly during matches. No real way around that.
He's had them in training since the beginning of July. He has had access to every previous game.

Most importantly, this is what experts are for. You don't start from scratch, you use those with the knowledge at the club.

We're literally using August as pre-season and it's madness.

As a point of pedantry, can you yourself think you'll be surprised?

Surely if you think that now, it won't be a surprise?
It's a very good point.

I think I can be surprised because I have expectations, and the achieved result might be greater or less than the expectation level I'm am anticipating. Therefore if the achievement is either side of my expectation, then it will be a surprise.

I had to really think about the answer though, and I know I can't surprise myself by jumping out on myself at the top of the stairs. It's the same dilemma when they to get rid of hiccups.

We scored barely a goal every other game last year - said a million times that was never going to change even in a lower league

need some creativity or this is the result. Players can’t score, defence plays shit because of the pressure as they know we need a clean sheet to win a match or even get a point
Probably in training against inept defenders our forwards score ... its when they play the real games it shows how poor the squad is

Exactly right
Midfielders that haven't got the legs, the fitness, creative know how or the heart to drive forward and support the attack, and get back to defend in the Premier League will not be able to do it in the Championship either.

They won't even be able to do it in League One, the only difference being that we will get more 0-0 draws in League One due to the lack of ability of other League One teams.

UTB
This sort of shite response warrants only 1 thing, BLOCK

Hi Stegossurus here

I think many of the people defending Slav are grunters. Hoping to pursuade the Prince he still had the Princes backing so we keep him and up going down.

Hi Stegossurus here

I think many of the people defending Slav are grunters. Hoping to pursuade the Prince he still had the Princes backing so we keep him and up going down.
I think your the Grunter on here. Sensible fans are not going to want a notoriously slow starter out after only 4 games, The rot set in in the first lockdown and will take time and money to remove. Why don't you busy your self with the rot, oh and rust at S6

Back
Top Bottom