Sack Slav

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It will cost 20m+ to rebuild a team that meets what a Slav wants. Nothing against him, but he is journeying manager who doesn’t appear to have the hunger, skill or will to work with his hands tied and given what is a squad that most could easily have competing in the top half, if not better. Rather than waste money on his rebuild, getting rid, losing a couple of million, and giving the role to Heckingbottom until Jan would make the most sense.
His record with the players we have would mean that relegation was less likely and we could rebuild towards playoff or a challenge next year.
Keeping Slav seems a risk not work taking. He has no record of doing the type of job required.

Wilder would have this squad in the top two, as much as his signings haven’t been perfect, the best outcome is he accepts a return in Jan and we can go again.

UTB
Get back in the woodwork yer filthy animal

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1613137292537.jpg
    FB_IMG_1613137292537.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 23

Beginning to feel like they wanted to go for the cheap option in Hecky, got cold feet because of the reaction and went late for Slav, possibly telling him money was available when it wasn't.
If he isn't going to be supported by the board this is unlikely to end well.

I think (and really hope) it will turn better and we saw first hints of that in previous game. Team needs bit more time than they've had and we just weren't ready at the season start, but that doesn't mean that we couldn't get there during.

I'm not fan boy of Slav (never heard him before), but I'd like to give him and the team fair change.

Definite signs of improved attitude from the players on Saturday. But he needs to turn that into results quickly or I can see a mutually agreed paying of the ways looming.

Beginning to feel like they wanted to go for the cheap option in Hecky, got cold feet because of the reaction and went late for Slav, possibly telling him money was available when it wasn't.
If he isn't going to be supported by the board this is unlikely to end well.
100%👍 I believe that you now start to see the true Poundland Prince and his lack of available wealth to enable the club return to the premiership.

Can you imagine the reaction if Hecky had lost 3 out of the first 4 games!

The owner and his merry band was aware of this and have now got themselves in a complete mess. They just can't batten down the hatches like McCabe used to do, whilst receiving prem money and selling players.

I honestly think that there will be tough times ahead for the club and owner before he finally realises his mistakes and has to sell the club, which will likely be during the final year of the prem cash.

Hi Stegossurus here

I think many of the people defending Slav are grunters. Hoping to pursuade the Prince he still had the Princes backing so we keep him and up going down.

Worried I may have dyslexia after reading this post.

We cannot afford to Sack Slav. Prince needs the money for Beerschot players.

In case you had forgotten the club provided him with next to no pre season, so unlike the fans who have been watching us for years and know the limitations inside out, he’s having to find out on the fly during matches. No real way around that.

DVDs and streaming. Used in all sports analysis.

Using the same logic, I assume every single player purchase ever has been a success, right? Since that’s using a lot of the same stuff.

No, but we judge people on those don't we; which is the point right? Video analysis is used for all sports. Football clubs and their staff have access to portals with thousands and of old and current matches. There are zero excuses for not knowing the formation, tactics or strengths of our players. It's the interpersonal things that you can't really show via videos: whether a player has a good or bad attitude, how to motivate them as individuals etc etc. I analyse tennis matches for a living so my clients don't have too. I then send them stats, analysis, and tactical advice and some apposite video footage to help underline my points. This is common place in football.

Last edited:
It will cost 20m+ to rebuild a team that meets what a Slav wants. Nothing against him, but he is journeying manager who doesn’t appear to have the hunger, skill or will to work with his hands tied and given what is a squad that most could easily have competing in the top half, if not better. Rather than waste money on his rebuild, getting rid, losing a couple of million, and giving the role to Heckingbottom until Jan would make the most sense.
His record with the players we have would mean that relegation was less likely and we could rebuild towards playoff or a challenge next year.
Keeping Slav seems a risk not work taking. He has no record of doing the type of job required.

Wilder would have this squad in the top two, as much as his signings haven’t been perfect, the best outcome is he accepts a return in Jan and we can go again.

UTB
If we sack Slav after 4 games I will change my name to Stegosaurus Here!

If you don't understand cock

Attachments

• IMG-20211030-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20211030-WA0000.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2
Look, let’s take all the “Wilder would have done better” shit and bury it in a deep hole at the top of the garden. We have to look at Slavs record on it own merits since coming to the lane. He simply hasn’t realised yet that he can’t train dumb animals to change their behaviour. We just don’t seem to learn from our most basic mistakes, and have become a very easy team to play against.

UTB
Maybe the board read this! Minus getting Wilder back and giving Hecky a 5 year deal.

Back
Top Bottom