Incoming? Ryan Kent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

if we go 433 next season ryan kent could be a very good addition unlike most on here i quite rate the guy good pace and trickery something were woefully lacking at the minute

Yeah would take him. Not sure where that means BBD will play as they both predominantly like that left hand side.

Yeah would take him. Not sure where that means BBD will play as they both predominantly like that left hand side.
I think he can play AM and RW as well so covers McAtee, BBD and central.

Not sure where we are going with regards the team but if this lad arrives and with BBD we may have at least got in 2 players capable of carrying the ball forwards and occasionally beating an opponent.
We need to get the ball and keep it better, but also get up the pitch and I guess these two will help with that.
However it won’t solve the issues at the back. Earlier in this thread someone was saying we were number one in Europe in defensive metrics like it was a good thing…it is the opposite of that as it paints a damning picture of the teams performance. Our goals against column and goal difference also add to the confirmation that the defence is a huge part of the problem.
Given we do win tackles, we are then turning over possession far too easily and often. We need better defensive additions across the whole back line for this to improve our fortunes.
We also need someone who can receive the ball under pressure, keep calm, keep the ball and find a team mate…then get it back and repeat.
Prime Coutts type of player.
That single addition would make a huge difference as we have nobody able to do that.

Where we find the money for such a player is the biggest issue.

Not sure where we are going with regards the team but if this lad arrives and with BBD we may have at least got in 2 players capable of carrying the ball forwards and occasionally beating an opponent.
We need to get the ball and keep it better, but also get up the pitch and I guess these two will help with that.
However it won’t solve the issues at the back. Earlier in this thread someone was saying we were number one in Europe in defensive metrics like it was a good thing…it is the opposite of that as it paints a damning picture of the teams performance. Our goals against column and goal difference also add to the confirmation that the defence is a huge part of the problem.
Given we do win tackles, we are then turning over possession far too easily and often. We need better defensive additions across the whole back line for this to improve our fortunes.
We also need someone who can receive the ball under pressure, keep calm, keep the ball and find a team mate…then get it back and repeat.
That single addition would make a huge difference as we have nobody able to do that.

'Prime Coutts'........could have been a genuinely top player, which explains how rare players of that quality are. Yes, if we could find someone that good, with, of course, the addition of players who compliment a Coutts-type maestro, well good luck if we could find anyone who comes close to that level.

Agree with the ball holders. Its a must, the defensive thing is tricky to explain but I will try and explain as i think it’s my earlier post to which I think you are referencing.

In simple terms we are having very little control of any of the games we are playing in. We have the 2nd worst possession stats in Europe. We have very mixed defensive stats. Some of the highest in europe for tackles, top 5 in prem for interceptions, but also recording the highest in europe for shots conceded and goals conceded. I read that as our over reliance on defending being the main issue. We are being too defensive minded which is the issue.

buying more defenders might have an impact on how efficiently we defend but it wont solve the fact we are defending for so much of every game. Its a ticking time bomb against the quality of opposition we are facing, they will eventually score. Ball carriers, holders and calm heads further up the pitch I think are the best way to save our defence from being so exposed.

Agree with the ball holders. Its a must, the defensive thing is tricky to explain but I will try and explain as i think it’s my earlier post to which I think you are referencing.

In simple terms we are having very little control of any of the games we are playing in. We have the 2nd worst possession stats in Europe. We have very mixed defensive stats. Some of the highest in europe for tackles, top 5 in prem for interceptions, but also recording the highest in europe for shots conceded and goals conceded. I read that as our over reliance on defending being the main issue. We are being too defensive minded which is the issue.

buying more defenders might have an impact on how efficiently we defend but it wont solve the fact we are defending for so much of every game. Its a ticking time bomb against the quality of opposition we are facing, they will eventually score. Ball carriers, holders and calm heads further up the pitch I think are the best way to save our defence from being so exposed.

Which is all well and good if those defenders can’t get the ball to those players and just launch it forward or out of play.
Nearly all teams know a simple press on us leads to turnover of possession almost without fail.
Probably our least comfortable player with ball at feet is Robbo yet he has been lauded as our best defender! But that’s because we’ve gone to rat shit and fallen back to a style of play that suits his ability.

So we simply have to find some quality back there. You build a team from the back and once you’ve got that bit sorted the rest will fall into place much easier.
Midfielders can trust defenders to do their job, which in turn allows them to do what they are paid to do and so on.

Which is all well and good if those defenders can’t get the ball to those players and just launch it forward or out of play.
Nearly all teams know a simple press on us leads to turnover of possession almost without fail.
Probably our least comfortable player with ball at feet is Robbo yet he has been lauded as our best defender! But that’s because we’ve gone to rat shit and fallen back to a style of play that suits his ability.

So we simply have to find some quality back there. You build a team from the back and once you’ve got that bit sorted the rest will fall into place much easier.
Midfielders can trust defenders to do their job, which in turn allows them to do what they are paid to do and so on.
I would love us to have footballing CBs but if they are handing the ball to the same players in-front (norwood) who just aimlessly punts it around the corner it doesn’t really progress us as a team. I think we both are wanting the same thing and see the same flaws but the difference is i would prioritise the signings infront of defence before addressing better defenders as i think that would give us a more balanced and competitive team quicker.

And that’s it. We could have whoever we want up top but they won’t do anything if they aren’t getting the ball. Midfield will be too deep if they have to keep stepping in to take over from defenders.
Our defenders can’t keep the ball under pressure: they lack the ability to accurately or quickly pass the ball to each other under pressure and resort to hurried, inaccurate passes which fail to reach their target or arrive in a manner requiring the receiver to complete a difficult skill to simply get it under control. Thus slowing down the passing, inviting opponents for tackles and ultimately handing over possession.

If we had the luxury of more competent defenders Norwood, Souza, Hamer, McAtee etc won’t be so deep…the gaps would appear and free up time and Space for them to play their game. Just changing those players first so t have the necessary impact.

Norwood hasn’t lost the ability to pass the ball suddenly. It’s the lack of time he now has that’s the issue and where he’s getting the ball. Hamer was brilliant at Coventry and would excel at a better team. McAtee is clearly very talented and will fit seamlessly into a city side…but take that whole city midfield and plonk it front of our back line they won’t be anywhere near as effective.

It would give us the option of having two from Brereton-Diaz, Kent and McAtee occupying 2 wide positions which in turn means of the first two start, you could play McAtee in midfield alongside Souza and Hamer.

Young Brooks has shown promise but he’s obviously not McAtee levels.

Then keeper and defence.

Also could be a foreign loan so still have a domestic loan available.

It would give us the option of having two from Brereton-Diaz, Kent and McAtee occupying 2 wide positions which in turn means of the first two start, you could play McAtee in midfield alongside Souza and Hamer.

Young Brooks has shown promise but he’s obviously not McAtee levels.

Then keeper and defence.

Also could be a foreign loan so still have a domestic loan available.

I'd love to try and fit them all in tbh.

I struggle to get excited by him, purely because he has one of the chavviest names I’ve ever heard.

Going to Lazio!

2m ago14:26

Lazio reach agreement for Kent​

Lazio have a verbal agreement with Fenerbahce for the signing of Ryan Kent, according to Sky in Italy.
The former Rangers winger signed for the Turkish club in the summer on a four-year deal.
He was a free agent signing after his contract at Rangers ran out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...solanke-and-more?postid=7163912#liveblog-body
I really think we missed out on him. I think he has a lot left to give. Be interesting to see the deal and how well he does.

I really think we missed out on him. I think he has a lot left to give. Be interesting to see the deal and how well he does.
It's definitely a puzzle why he'd want to choose Rome based Lazio and play in a Champion's League last 16 tie v Bayern Munich rather than come to us. Must be mad.

It's definitely a puzzle why he'd want to choose Rome based Lazio and play in a Champion's League last 16 tie v Bayern Munich rather than come to us. Must be mad.
The choice for him is easy. I agree. I don’t think he was on our radar though. So it wasn’t a us or them situation. We should’ve tried to swoop in early for him IMO.

Going to Lazio!

2m ago14:26

Lazio reach agreement for Kent​

Lazio have a verbal agreement with Fenerbahce for the signing of Ryan Kent, according to Sky in Italy.
The former Rangers winger signed for the Turkish club in the summer on a four-year deal.
He was a free agent signing after his contract at Rangers ran out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...solanke-and-more?postid=7163912#liveblog-body
Lazio weirdly after anyone English this window.

Back
Top Bottom