Incoming? Ryan Kent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's because we are particularly bad. It doesn't mean that league is good.
You’re right it isn’t. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t contain some good players. Kent is that classic cliche of “if his attitude was right he’d be way out of our league”. Ability-wise he’d probably become our best player overnight. Worth a punt if the price is reyt.

…and would walk into our side with their eyes closed. Zaha didn’t make the grade here?!
There's a reason that of ALL the club's in all the leagues he's ended up in the backwater that is Turkey. It's not like even their biggest sides really do much in European competition.

Buying unwanted by the premier league players on high wages isn't something that seems like we are going to be doing anytime soon

Look at his footwork! I think the main issue is consistency not ability. If he was consistently as good as shown in this video he would be at a top 6 team and out of our budget. He’s got BAGS of ability.

Looks great in the Scottish Prem with Championship at best defenders. However, against Premiership defenders he won't get the space and time to be as effective. Not saying we shouldn't be in for him, but how is his back tracking, closing down, defending on the break. IF we get relegated, he will be awesome. To keep us up, not overly convinced. Would rather us go for a combative midfield player or CB.

Looks great in the Scottish Prem with Championship at best defenders. However, against Premiership defenders he won't get the space and time to be as effective. Not saying we shouldn't be in for him, but how is his back tracking, closing down, defending on the break. IF we get relegated, he will be awesome. To keep us up, not overly convinced. Would rather us go for a combative midfield player or CB.
He’s an attacking player, he won’t have half of what you’ve mentioned but it can be tought easier than teaching his footwork. Scottish prem but also he’s played in the champions league/europa yearly. Was positive against real Madrid a few years back and skinned a few of their players.

Celtic and rangers are a better standard than us sadly and in competitions regularly play challenging teams. I agree the SPL is basically championship - league 1 standard apart from the big 2 though.

9 times out of 10 when I saw him play for Rangers he was the best player on the pitch, an older more experienced version of mcatee.

In and around the box he's a threat, will win us free kicks and possibly a pen or two (providing we can get into the box).

Nothing to lose have we, 6 month loan.

Well, that's Rangers out of the competition to sign him.

They can't afford his wages.

Will that rule United out too?

Having watched the videos , I can think of far worse players to take a punt on than this lad including a number of our present squad who came at a much higher cost .

His ability on the ball and the type of goals he is capable of scoring appear to be a bit special and if we could get anything approaching the best out of him , he would surely be a valuable addition to our squad .

I don't know if he'd cut the mustard. Barely seen him kick a ball since he was in the Championship to be honest. But he's obviously got ability, the likes of which we don't really have much of at all. If he could create a handful of goals he'd probably be a very decent foreign loan.

I always liked to have a few quid on a Van Aanholt goal. Decent Left Back/LWB at palace with a good shot on him. Would be a good signing (admitedly think it was a few years ago i last saw him play) but always thought he was a good player. Could have aged like a turd in the sun in that time though.

Last edited:
Wants to leave turkey. I think he would be a great threat to have in the squad. Pace, skill, composure. Mcatee and kent would cause issues for most opposition players. Still only 27 so for the right money i would definitely go for him on a short term deal with a view to long term if he does well.

Wants to leave turkey. I think he would be a great threat to have in the squad. Pace, skill, composure. Mcatee and kent would cause issues for most opposition players. Still only 27 so for the right money i would definitely go for him on a short term deal with a view to long term if he does well.
Agreed, and would be a serious asset in the Championship

I very much doubt he will go anywhere on a short term deal. He won’t be short of suitors.

We definitely need a player like Ryan Kent.
Whether we need Ryan Kent is another question
I absolutely sympathise with this view point. 100% an element of risk in regards to his attitude but he has undeniable quality (when he shows it). He has more to give it’s just wether he can find the right team/manager to get it out of him. He will either be someones ross Barkley or someones jack rodwell.

I personally think he has the ability and is still at the age where he will want to prove himself in the top tier and put himself back on the map.

We dont have the finances to buy someone of his quality, whos in form and consistent so could be a good gamble.

I know a Fenerbahçe fan (who is a professor of animal physiology) who told me before Christmas that Ryan Kent was going to the Blades in January, I meant to post it on here but I couldn't find the thread. Good player he says but 'loses the ball a lot'.

I know a Fenerbahçe fan (who is a professor of animal physiology) who told me before Christmas that Ryan Kent was going to the Blades in January, I meant to post it on here but I couldn't find the thread. Good player he says but 'loses the ball a lot'.

He won’t have that problem here cos we don’t have the ball

Back
Top Bottom