Player Suggestion Ross Barkley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barkley wanted to stay and Nice had the option to extend his contract for another season but they declined it.

Pretty much tells you he wasn't exactly pulling up any trees while over there.

Exactly the sort of player that continues to be offered lucrative contracts based on their form of years ago - see Dele Alli
Whether anyone in the Prem would be daft enough to offer him what he wants remains to be seen - he's most probably too expensive for almost all Champ clubs with Leeds the likely sole option (unless the egos on the darkside feel he's worthy of gracing the Chansiri kit) so I'd imagine he'll go to either Turkey, USA or KSA next.

Last edited:
It looks like his career is headed in the wrong direction. I'm sure someone will offer him a deal though.
Chris Wilder spent far too much time arsing (and wasting valuble £) around with players like Ravel and Rodwell.

I'm not against us looking at experienced players again. But long term they are not the answer.

It looks like his career is headed in the wrong direction. I'm sure someone will offer him a deal though.
Chris Wilder spent far too much time arsing (and wasting valuble £) around with players like Ravel and Rodwell.

I'm not against us looking at experienced players again. But long term they are not the answer.
The gambles on Ravel and Rodwell we to try and save money, not blow it.

If not Barkley, what about Aaron Ramsey?

Ramsey, 32, joined the French side last summer on an initial one-year deal and has not yet signed a new contract. The former Arsenal midfielder has been linked with a possible free transfer to his first club Cardiff City. The former Juventus midfielder has made 42 appearances for Nice and Wales this season.

Surely we can compete with Cardiff for wages!!

If the terms were very favourable (which I'm not sure they would be), I'd consider it on a one-year deal heavily weighted towards appearance bonuses.

Odds are, he'd start well with a point to prove and be worth some points to us. He'd then probably lose interest and fizzle out.
But if he contributed significantly to even half a dozen points he might prove worth it... I still think Mousset returned well on investment and he only had 3 good months here.

So, pros not. But maybe.

Definitely an upgrade on what we've already got in midfield, I'd be inclined to offer him 12 months and apperance/achievement bonuses with option of another year if we stay up. Wages must be realistic tho.

Definitely an upgrade on what we've already got in midfield, I'd be inclined to offer him 12 months and apperance/achievement bonuses with option of another year if we stay up. Wages must be realistic tho.
He doesn't need our paltry appearance and performance bonuses though. He was on insane wages at Chelsea for turning up to training sometimes.

The shot-at-redemption I'd be most interested in, is.... Dele Alli... A player that could be in his prime years but is miles off, however was legitimately one of the top Prem players about 5-6 years ago.

Barkley has only ever had brief spurts of utilising his talent and never performed at the top level.

These types of punts aren't at all likely though - we're aiming to build for future seasons.

The shot-at-redemption I'd be most interested in, is.... Dele Alli... A player that could be in his prime years but is miles off, however was legitimately one of the top Prem players about 5-6 years ago.

Barkley has only ever had brief spurts of utilising his talent and never performed at the top level.

These types of punts aren't at all likely though - we're aiming to build for future seasons.
Totally agree with Delli the kid was class obviously lost his way a bit but maybe just needs a good club with good people around him

According to the Express although Everton signed Alli for free, the transfer includes £40m worth of performance related bonuses 🫨

Also says after 20 appearance they owe spurs £10m!

Totally agree with Delli the kid was class obviously lost his way a bit but maybe just needs a good club with good people around him
Delli Ali is just a complete waster /big time Charlie /liability and finished as a medium to top player

Dele Alli is surely the next Jermaine Jenas

I'm sure the BBC and BT will throw millions at him

I’d take him for the right price. He’s got talent.

According to the Express although Everton signed Alli for free, the transfer includes £40m worth of performance related bonuses 🫨

Also says after 20 appearance they owe spurs £10m!
I believe he only has to make 7 more Everton appearances to trigger it. They can't afford £10mill.

Delli Ali is just a complete waster /big time Charlie /liability and finished as a medium to top player
Maybe, but maybe not. He had the ability and drive to begin with. Mates with George Baldock from MK, who might get him on the straight and narrow!

I believe he only has to make 7 more Everton appearances to trigger it. They can't afford £10mill.

Maybe, but maybe not. He had the ability and drive to begin with. Mates with George Baldock from MK, who might get him on the straight and narrow!
Wouldn't he play the same position as Ndiaye anyway though?

Wouldn't he play the same position as Ndiaye anyway though?
I'm not really pushing this as a realistic signing anyway. But he can (or could!) play CM, AM or even more advanced.

Yeah maybe he'd enjoy the freedom Iliman has. Hecky's the tactician, I'm just the wannabe Head of Recruitment! Buck stops at Hecky😀

Guaranteed Forest will sign him.
Hecki already said he will spend the money wisely! Players of this kind don't fit.Some players can lose there way a bit in there mid twenties we can't afford that gamble.All about attitude and hunger ! Not easy to spot the ones who have it, all this will be onboard ! let's hope if we do sign a quality player who is drifting we don't make the mistakes Wilder did.We must have thrown away 20+ millions last time in prem.
Moose is a prime example! Others maybe were not good enough and that is something you can't fully judge until given the chance.

Back
Top Bottom