Player Suggestion Ross Barkley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His agent deserves a knighthood

He’s been great for luton. Probably their key player so far this season. Composed on the ball, can beat a man and can do the dirty stuff as well. Very good signing for Luton. Frustrating that we didn’t have a look when our MF is so shit.

Luton have spirit, they play like they want to be here. He's surrounded by runners and competitors.

Barkley doesn't strike me as someone who would galvanise everyone around him, he needs a platform and we wouldn't have been able to provide it.
We've been everything Luton aren't. Uncompetitive in effort and quality.

Ross Barkley has just scored and pretty much created his own goal.
Not a chance any of our midfield players can do what he just did.

But reading back through this thread, nah, he's no good
Barkley did well! Still a goalkeeping mistake ! Don't see where he's a better keeper than Ramsdale maybe a better kicker but in the round Ramsdale is better in my opinion.
Can see Ramsdale going if he don't get a fair rub of the green! A slight payoff to us if he does on any profit Arsenal get.

Ross Barkley has just scored and pretty much created his own goal.
Not a chance any of our midfield players can do what he just did.

But reading back through this thread, nah, he's no good
In fairness he only started playing regularly on 29/10. He barely featured in September/October due to injury I believe.

Career nosedived. Chances were he'd have been a complete waste of money for us. Big name big wages type.

I've always rated him though. A lot of talent.

he had another very good game against city at the weekend. Top player. If we manage to stay up (big ask) and they go down he would be a good option to consider.

John Swift and Jed Wallace were free last summer. We went for neither.

Androw Townsend and Ross Barkley were free this summer. We went for neither.

The fact the club showed no interest shows how low our wage bill really is. I would've taken both on a one year deal with an option to extend. It's a joke that Luton have a lower wage bill than us but signed both players while we have new contracts to Basham, Fleck, Osborn and Norwood.

Wonder if some of our fans would still turn their noses up at signing him?

Miles better than any of our midfielders and was a free agent in the summer. 👍
Yeah but it was far from a given. He's underwhelmed for years. It's revising history to suggest we missed an obvious signing.

Yeah but it was far from a given. He's underwhelmed for years. It's revising history to suggest we missed an obvious signing.

Underwhelmed but still levels above what we had on the books when he was available.

Tom Davies has underwhelmed for years but we gave him a three-year contract.

Wasn't a bad call was it!
Luton are better than us and he runs their midfield.

Would’ve been a perfect Berge replacement for free and maybe would’ve allowed us to invest Hamer money in an attacker instead like Akpom and played 3421 from the outset. Luton’s athleticism paired with a signing like Barkley who’s showing his premier league class is why they’ve got a great chance of staying up. I’m extremely envious of them as there’s genuinely no good reason why we couldn’t have done something similar but if they stay up they could liquidate Forest as a result so I’m rooting for them.

Wonder if some of our fans would still turn their noses up at signing him?

Miles better than any of our midfielders and was a free agent in the summer. 👍
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. No guarantee that if he'd come here he'd be playing as well as he is. He's just fitting into how Luton play and they have a lot of athletic players round him. Our team look a mess and devoid of any real confidence. I don't think Barkley would have excelled in that.

The main issue comes down to the fact we lost our 2 main players from last season. The reason luton are doing well and why we did well last time we got promoted was continuity. A team who knows each other well, has played together and won together for a long time with a bit of quality added here and there to compliment that. Our team has been thrown together and we don't know our best formation, everyone of any quality are loans and we're still playing players that weren't good enough 3 years ago.

John Swift and Jed Wallace were free last summer. We went for neither.

Androw Townsend and Ross Barkley were free this summer. We went for neither.

The fact the club showed no interest shows how low our wage bill really is. I would've taken both on a one year deal with an option to extend. It's a joke that Luton have a lower wage bill than us but signed both players while we have new contracts to Basham, Fleck, Osborn and Norwood.

We enquired for both Swift and Wallace last summer but their wage demands were above what we were willing to pay.

Souza's head will still be spinning at 5pm Sat,after following Bark's anywhere and everywhere and not getting withing a couple of feet.

Think Barkley is a good player, but would have been a punt when seeing his recent record, l don't think Swift or Wallace would be a great improvement on what we have tbh, hindsight as they say is a wonderful thing, there were rumours of Palmer on loan at one point, look what he's done

Is he as high up as that? I understood his role to be provision of analytics to inform better recruitment but not 'Head of.'

Either way, if we can afford him we should bring him home.

*Edit - this is on their website.
Feels a better setup than ours.

View attachment 175756
Assuming he’d want to come ‘home’. I imagine there’s a lot of conflict when you work for the team you support in such a role. At least he’s looking at Luton purely with his head, if he worked for the Blades would his heart also start impacting his decisions and recommendations?!

No one would touch him before Luton as he wasn’t very good ! He never lived up to early promise and every club binned him. He’s found his club by default and a very good manager is getting the best out of him,he was in last chance saloon. Wouldn’t be any good for us anyway as we don’t play to the midfield front the centre backs/fullbacks.

Back
Top Bottom