Ricky Holmes Arrival Imminent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm reliably informed by people on here that picking players from your old club(s) is simultaneously lazy, bad management and shows a lack of footballing knowledge...

Pete , bit of a Perfect Day then today in more ways than one . Thank fuck none of the players from Wilders old clubs are called Hammond . When it comes to ex clubs that name would just Ping out to us all:D

UTB

Agreed. That article has conveniently picked up on some of the worst modern day rap 'artists' and based their assessment of the Hip Hop / Rap genre on them.

Should I dismiss my collection of Bowie, Clash, Fleetwood Mac & Foo Fighters just because Nickelback call themselves a rock band?

Nico and Velvet Underground for me.

UTB

Sorry man....I don't. This article says it for me

http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-things-about-rap-music/

I do appreciate the old blues influence that gave the British rock of the 70's and similarly the soul influence that helped influence the development of pop music to the present day, but rap, hip hop, it's too far and just inane and usually nasty with it.
You needed to be around when punk exploded, it was more a social revolution than about the music. Nobody could care less what their parents thought about it. Sorry about the thread hijacking

The social revolution that went hand in hand with punk could be compared to social revolution for black Americans married to hip hop. Both genres are controversial.

Great that we are looking at players who can score and put a good ball into the box, all we need now is some one who can jump and head a ball....

Bloody Hell. From Ricky Holmes to Hip Hop. What next? Discussing the length of John Holmes Schlong?

I would rather watch Sheffield Wednesday play than go to a rap concert. If Public Enemy did a concert on my back lawn I'd draw the curtains (and lock the doors!).

I fucking hate the lot of it.

Some hip hop deserves a place in lift shafts.

:)

UTB
Public Enemy. What an apt name.

I would rather watch Sheffield Wednesday play than go to a rap concert. If Public Enemy did a concert on my back lawn I'd draw the curtains (and lock the doors!).

I fucking hate the lot of it.

Some hip hop deserves a place in lift shafts.

:)

UTB

I went to see The Prodigy in Zurich, and Public Enemy were the support. To my absolute amazement they were actually quite good if a bit "samey" after a while.

Seems to have excellent technique looking at that video and looks reasonably mobile. Highlights don't show you how a player contributes to the overall pattern of play though. Baxter for example could provide an excellent highlight reel but some of his other play is so sloppy it hinders the team.

What a load of tosh that article is. Whoever wrote it has obviously never had the pleasure of listening to Public Enemy if they believe those kind of stereotypical clichés can sum up the entire genre of rap and hip hop.

Saw Ice T a few years ago in the Ledmill if I remember rightly. Had a good night although what he thought when he came on stage to a crowd of what seemed to be white, middle class twats god only knows :)

"Imminent"? Hhmmmm...

Suppose we can take it that the meaning of "imminent" now stretches to well beyond 24 hours.

Who knows? - maybe it even means "not happening" these days?

seems to bs having a good season. Did we miss out? Would he make the team?

Ca
We've hardly struggled in the number 10 position. But he would've done well for us, as would Oztumer.

But if we had him and Duffy we wouldn't have signed Carruthers. And I'd have Carruthers over Holmes every single time.

Carruthers will improve further, Holmes won't, especially after several serious injuries. That said, he is doing well in a poor Charlton side and took his 3 goals well the other night.

It just goes to show that one player can do more in four minutes than Hammond, Higdon and Woolford can do in a career

It just goes to show that one player can do more in four minutes than Hammond, Higdon and Woolford can do in a career

Without wishing to defend Hammond too much, but he's had a good career. 2 promotions to the Premier League it's bad really.

Without wishing to defend Hammond too much, but he's had a good career. 2 promotions to the Premier League it's bad really.

I'd argue all three have done more in their careers than Ricky Holmes has done. They've all played at higher levels at least

Back
Top Bottom