CONFIRMED Richairo Zivkovic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now I don't pretend to speak yoof but those lyrics...?

'I'm a lousy cat
Cos you know I'll tell ya
I'm a lousy cat
Cos you know I'm dire....'

I mean...??? šŸ™€

Sounded like "I'm a lousy guy, cos you know I'm Gaia" to me.

Explains it all if the ancestral mother of all life is a shitwasp.

Looks a pretty free hit tbh ....no harm no foul ..

If one of him and Panos works out that will be a result ....

Looks like the Panos is the safer ( more expensive bet ) ..but you never know ..look at Clarke Mcgoldrick and Moose...

Looks a pretty free hit tbh ....no harm no foul ..

If one of him and Panos works out that will be a result ....

Looks like the Panos is the safer ( more expensive bet ) ..but you never know ..look at Clarke Mcgoldrick and Moose...

Even if we assume Zivkovic is a very average the fact he has lightning pace could make him really useful.

When weā€™ve been sat back defending against Man City and Liverpool their defenders have pushed right up to the half way line.
Ive thought if we had a Usain Bolt type who could run on to Norwood long passes weā€˜d have an effective weapon.

Think Zivkovic could be a brilliant sub when we are winning so opposition teams are chasing the game pushing men forward.

I once had a conversation, albeit a short one, with a bus driver in France where every question I asked was in English and every reply of his was in French. He seemed pretty annoyed by this, especially the bit where he said, "Maintenant?" and I replied, "Yes, now."
I had been living in Germany for a while, when I was sent to collect a boat from St Malo. The boss asked me to go into town for supplies for the trip.
For some reason I got a mental block on the French word for cheese. Using German language in France is possibly a worse choice than speaking English.
My schoolboy French was limited to ā€œYour donkey has eaten my pencil caseā€.

I had been living in Germany for a while, when I was sent to collect a boat from St Malo. The boss asked me to go into town for supplies for the trip.
For some reason I got a mental block on the French word for cheese. Using German language in France is possibly a worse choice than speaking English.
My schoolboy French was limited to ā€œYour donkey has eaten my pencil caseā€.

Thought it was weird how an Austrian who has never visited England would say to me ā€œYeh Iā€™ve heard of Sheffield......itā€™s famous for climbingā€
and then say some of the best climbers in the world come from this area and it has some of the best climbing sites in the world. Just found it hard to believe.
Stanage is often referred to as Mecca in the climbing fraternity. Also, if you get chance try and watch the film called ā€˜Touching the voidā€™, gives a good account of the kind of people who move to Sheffield specifically for the climbing.

In the spirit of this forum and the odd cul-de-sacs that threads descend into.....

There is a film about blokes who climb pylons (and other things), filmed around Sheffield. The (very) tenuous Blade connection from memory, was that the indoor pub climbing scenes were filmed in the Vine, Cemetery Road (A sadly lost pre match watering hole).

Okay lads, as you were........

Thought it was weird how an Austrian who has never visited England would say to me ā€œYeh Iā€™ve heard of Sheffield......itā€™s famous for climbingā€
and then say some of the best climbers in the world come from this area and it has some of the best climbing sites in the world. Just found it hard to believe.
The Climbing Works, Centenary Works, Little London Road ?

1580765150196.png

Can't see this one being made a permanent. Hes not even making bench.

I imagine the standards of fitness/sharpness are quite a jump between the chinese second division and the PL. I don't think anyone would have reasonably expected him to have made the side yet.

Don't think him not playing yet is any indication about making the move permanent. His attitude, fitness and skill in training, with CW and AK watching will be what swings it.

It does concern me about our recruitment sometimes.

Please tell me that's a joke? We have phenomenal recruitment. In terms of value for money, we must be up there as having the best recruitment in the country.

To me this is the same as the Morrison signing; a spin of the wheel, a wild card, a lick of the brass ring etc
If something comes of it so be it but in reality nothing to get excited about (even his highlight clip was ropey, I could've put a better one together for myself).

We need a 25 man squad, without injuries, a large proportion of those wont see gametime. If you're thinking he's a waste of time...Jagielka has been an even bigger waste of time (and cash).

Sure I heard Wilder say something in an interview last week about how it didn't necessarily matter if he and Retsos didn't get much or any first team game time before the end of the season as he knows it takes players a while to bed in and understand what's expected as well as get fitness levels, etc and if they show enough in training they might get made permanent still? Unless I dreamed it?

Sure I heard Wilder say something in an interview last week about how it didn't necessarily matter if he and Retsos didn't get much or any first team game time before the end of the season as he knows it takes players a while to bed in and understand what's expected as well as get fitness levels, etc and if they show enough in training they might get made permanent still? Unless I dreamed it?
Exactly that, more an extended trial this season by the sounds of things.

Jagielka has been an even bigger waste of time (and cash).

Jagielka was never going to play a significant number of games apart from injuries to our back 3
He was signed because of his Premier League experience which was lacking in our 25 man squad
Hes there to help the likes of Egan and OConnell through their first Premier League season
I think hes invaluable in that respect

Bear in mind if something happened to 2 of our strikers weā€™d be looking at Leon Clarke as our only backup striking option.
Still 10 games to go, could still play a part.
WILL play a part - for sure.

Nothing better than launching a surprise weapon in these closing stages of the season. Expect to see him very soon. Possibly v Arsenal.

Jagielka was never going to play a significant number of games apart from injuries to our back 3
He was signed because of his Premier League experience which was lacking in our 25 man squad
Hes there to help the likes of Egan and OConnell through their first Premier League season
I think hes invaluable in that respect
I think you've misread my point.

We've gone from League One to challenging for a Champions League place in 4 years.

Pound for pound there is no club in the country that has recruited better than we have.

Agreed the recruitment in League one was special in essence itā€™s the same team from that point onwards.

Itā€™s effectively an extended trial - a chance for Wilder to see him daily. If we had nothing to play for, weā€™d be seeing him off the bench. As it stands, thereā€™s Euro places in reach and too much at stake for Wilder to risk changing a winning formula. This is also the reason why Berge has dropped out of the starting lineup (despite the price tag) and we should not be passing judgement on him until after a full pre-season. We need players familiar with the system and up to speed with the pace of the Prem to aim for the prizes still available to us.

Agreed the recruitment in League one was special in essence itā€™s the same team from that point onwards.
No, it really isnā€™t. Thatā€™s something Iā€™ve noticed myself; it feels like it is but itā€™s fewer than half the team. Sharp, Bash, JOC, Fleck.

No, it really isnā€™t. Thatā€™s something Iā€™ve noticed myself; it feels like it is but itā€™s fewer than half the team. Sharp, Bash, JOC, Fleck.

Surely 'fewer players' or 'less than'? Have you got Sean Thornton typing for you, as usually your grammar is spot on.

Moore, Clarke and K Freeman have also played minor parts, but that would be nit picking and I'm not a nit picker*.

* Ahemmm

We need a 25 man squad, without injuries, a large proportion of those wont see gametime. If you're thinking he's a waste of time...Jagielka has been an even bigger waste of time (and cash).

I think the key point is none of them are a waste.

The people complaining about wasting our money on fringe players are the same people who would complain that we don't have adequate backup in a potential injury crisis. We're fortunate that we haven't had to use players like Rodwell, Morrison, Jagielka, Zivkovic, etc. - it's a symptom of our fantastic injury record.

Back
Top Bottom