CONFIRMED Richairo Zivkovic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's just that British people are shocking at speaking other languages šŸ¤£
I don't think that's necessarily true (and not just because I speak 3 besides English). Give the average Brit a reason to learn and they're just as good. Foreign learners of English have a huge advantage over us in terms of motivation seeing as English is an international language. Learn one foreign language and travel the world. Which one should we learn?

The Brit's reputation as lazy regarding languages is also pretty much undeserved. As I said, I speak three but not Italian nor Spanish...I go to Italy and I'm just anther lazy Brit who can't be arsed to learn Italian. In Spain the same applies. Can't win. :)

Are Zivkovic and Besic going to kill each other ? Bosnia and Serbia donā€™t get along as far as Iā€™m aware.

Welcome to lane lad. Now stop talking get your shit in gear and smash some goals in for our top 4 push. šŸ˜‚

Ooh weā€™ve signed some handsome fookers this window!

He wasn't a good player for us at Ajax, but I believe he was the wrong player for our club. He excelled as a youngster for Groningen and Ajax bought him just because he was a young striker who scored goals. If you look at the way he scored his goals for Groningen, 90% was on the counter. His pace was very impressive at that time, so I guess it still is. Ajax' style is of course way more attacking compared to Groningen. At Ajax he needed to play in the opponents box most of the time, which just isn't ideal for him. A more counter attacking stule of play is perfect for him.

Thanks for that....the signing makes sense.
We only currently have 1 player with serious pace and thatā€™s Mousset.

When Mousset isnā€™t playing opposition defenders have the confidence to push right up the field knowing they wonā€™t be outpaced,
Norwood is great at the long pass so it would be a good weapon to have a striker who is really quick.

But should he not be in quarantine for a fortnight?
Just a precaution.

Every silver lining has a cloud.

I don't think that's necessarily true (and not just because I speak 3 besides English). Give the average Brit a reason to learn and they're just as good. Foreign learners of English have a huge advantage over us in terms of motivation seeing as English is an international language. Learn one foreign language and travel the world. Which one should we learn?

The Brit's reputation as lazy regarding languages is also pretty much undeserved. As I said, I speak three but not Italian nor Spanish...I go to Italy and I'm just anther lazy Brit who can't be arsed to learn Italian. In Spain the same applies. Can't win. :)

True....I was on a train a few year ago travelling to Naples.....heard a group talking about Football, so I joined in the conversation.
One was Dutch, one German and one Austrian.....their English was perfect.
Told them that hardly anyone in England speaks foreign languages and they said ā€œwhy would youā€?, they actually laughed at the thought of an English person learning a language. They said English is the international language spoken everywhere...the only country where they sometimes have problems is in France.
They said most French people understand English but prefer not to speak it.

When I told them I was from Sheffield....the Austrian guy who was a rock climber said ā€œah I know Sheffield...itā€™s famous for climbingā€œ
He said it has some of the best climbers and climbing sites in the world. Didnā€™t know that.

Always assumed Sheffield was famous for steel or maybe football.....but not climbing.

True....I was on a train a few year ago travelling to Naples.....heard a group talking about Football, so I joined in the conversation.
Told them that hardly anyone in England speaks foreign languages and they said ā€œwhy would youā€?, they actually laughed at the thought of an English person learning a language. They said English is the international language spoken everywhere...the only country where they sometimes have problems is in France.

When I told them I was from Sheffield....the Austrian guy who was a rock climber said ā€œah I know Sheffield...itā€™s famous for climbingā€œ
He said it has some of the best climbers and climbing sites in the world. Didnā€™t know that.

Always assumed Sheffield was famous for steel or maybe football.....but not climbing.
Itā€™s not. Itā€™s the Peak District, like Stoney Middleton Dale, Stanage Edge, Burbage etc

And the largest urban centre giving easy access to all these is.... :)
Used to cycle out there all the time for the bouldering.
I used to live there. Itā€™s not Sheffield.

Sheffsteel didnā€™t say anything about urban centres, he said Sheffield is famous for rock climbing. Itā€™s not, itā€™s famous for being near a good climbing area and home to some of the best climbers, itā€™s a subtle difference and Iā€™m just clarifying and expanding on the point.

Iā€™m not looking for an argument. If you want one, cycle out to the Hope Valley and tell the locals itā€™s Sheffield šŸ˜‰. Theyā€™ll chase you down the Derwent like youā€™re in Deliverance.

Thanks for that....the signing makes sense.
We only currently have 1 player with serious pace and thatā€™s Mousset.

When Mousset isnā€™t playing opposition defenders have the confidence to push right up the field knowing they wonā€™t be outpaced,
Norwood is great at the long pass so it would be a good weapon to have a striker who is really quick.

Yeah I think he can become a good player for Sheffield, if he improved his attitude and workrate.

Are Zivkovic and Besic going to kill each other ? Bosnia and Serbia donā€™t get along as far as Iā€™m aware.
Weā€™ve got Irish players with very justified reasons to hate the English. I would imagine that they will just be ordinary people who get along as team mates. Canā€™t judge individuals on what their political leaders do.

Itā€™s not. Itā€™s the Peak District, like Stoney Middleton Dale, Stanage Edge, Burbage etc
I think (could be wrong, it has been known) that Burbage and Stanage are within Sheffield. Stanage in particular is really well known to climbers, has guide-books on the climbs, attracts students to Sheffield's universities, etc. And was the focus of Countryfile last Sunday.

I think (could be wrong, it has been known) that Burbage and Stanage are within. Stanage in particular is really well known to climbers, has guide-books on the climbs, attracts students to Sheffield's universities, etc. And was the focus of Countryfile last Sunday.

Thought it was weird how an Austrian who has never visited England would say to me ā€œYeh Iā€™ve heard of Sheffield......itā€™s famous for climbingā€
and then say some of the best climbers in the world come from this area and it has some of the best climbing sites in the world. Just found it hard to believe.

Thought it was weird how an Austrian who has never visited England would say to me ā€œYeh Iā€™ve heard of Sheffield......itā€™s famous for climbingā€
and then say some of the best climbers in the world come from this area and it has some of the best climbing sites in the world. Just found it hard to believe.

Thereā€™s some fantastic gritstone edges, like sheer faces. Iā€™m not a climber but Iā€™ve listened to a few. Thereā€™s definitely a ā€˜climbing communityā€™ in Sheffield.

Double world champion, 2020 Olympic athlete. Walks her dog round Meersbrook Park:

Big talent who went off the rails a bit.

I know he's played at a low ish level, but his goalscoring record is generally good.

Let's hope Wilder makes of him similar to what he has the Moose.

We'll see!

I think it is because of the huge variety of climbs in a small area. There are (apparently, I have never done a rock-climb in my life) all levels of climb from beginners to technically very difficult climbs. So it isn't the thrill of reaching the top of an Alp, more the challenge of learning new manoeuvres and overcoming new challenges (in a wonderful location, with pubs not too far away afterwards). I am happy to enjoy the views from the footpath on the top.

I once had a conversation, albeit a short one, with a bus driver in France where every question I asked was in English and every reply of his was in French. He seemed pretty annoyed by this, especially the bit where he said, "Maintenant?" and I replied, "Yes, now."

If the name is finishes with a ā€™chā€™ sounding C they should be fine (Serb). Finishes with a ā€˜ackā€™ then more friction (Croat) - thatā€™s been my wifeā€™s rule of thumb (Croatian family)

Back
Top Bottom