Rhys Norrington-Davies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are desperate to have a fit, aggressive, competitive LWB.
We concede so many goals from play down our left, and have done for ever since we lost Joc and again with NRD.
Other teams know it is our weak area, playing Hamer or McAtee on the left doesn't provide enough defensive cover.
Luton even played Doughty out of position to exploit our frailties in that area.
I'm hoping a fit NRD will sort it out.
Agree that left back position has been a big problem for us for 18 months . Just hope he keeps fit .

Great to see him come on. Hopefully he is ready to start a build up, and can contribute what we need after such a long gap.

6 iron is his best position left back? I was thinking prior to his injury he was playing left centre back? Not sure he's quick enough to play full back at the top level but he can definitely play the left side in a back three.

Anel, Trusty, RND would be a very solid back 3 in the championship. Put Bogle or Baldock at right wing back and a new LWB and we have the makings of the best back 5 in the championship
We need to move away from a back 5

i agree has to be a back 4 next season in the championship
I'd like to see us move towards wide players that can cut inside or stay out wide and whip crosses in. Its no coincidence that our strikers seem to turn into duds when we sign them.

Remember one of the itkers saying a deal had been agreed for diallo in January
Obviously need to free up a loan for that but that's the kind of signing we need
Alongside several others

Remember one of the itkers saying a deal had been agreed for diallo in January
Obviously need to free up a loan for that but that's the kind of signing we need
Alongside several others
Think Ipswich are front runners for him.

6 iron is his best position left back? I was thinking prior to his injury he was playing left centre back? Not sure he's quick enough to play full back at the top level but he can definitely play the left side in a back three.

Anel, Trusty, RND would be a very solid back 3 in the championship. Put Bogle or Baldock at right wing back and a new LWB and we have the makings of the best back 5 in the championship
Playing RND the left side of a back three still doesn't solve the problem you would still need a LWB. The various players we have tried there, especially Lowe, Thomas and Larouci aren't good enough. So you would still need to bring someone else in. My original thought was to play Trusty on the left with RND as the LWB.
Even Robinson would play better with RND playing as his wingman, as it currently stands he can never trust the player in front of him to provide the cover needed.
One certainty is that Wilder can't ignore the problem down our left.

If it is just a standard hamstring injury on the other leg I'd give him a new contract. One year deal on low wages, to hopefully extend after proving fitness

And the hamstring thing returns, RND n BBD now on the latest list.
What is it with Utd and fucking hamstrings!!!!???

We need a proper pre season to get the players back to the fitness levels that we were use too.

Agree. Genuinely heart wrenching to see.

Hoping he can come through this again.

GLTTL.

UTB

Gutted about this. Nobody deserves it but especially a lad that plays the game like he does.

Totally proved me wrong this lad i wasn't a fan the run up to the first injury he was brilliant and the fact he could play lb lwb and lcb even better. Hope this is isn't as bad as it looked all the best RND hope to see you back soon

Him walking off in tears was one of the most heartbreaking things I've seen as a blade, similar to when bash had his bad injury and when flecky collapsed.

Fingers crossed the lad will make a quick and easy recovery

Fuck, I didn't know he went off!?
Any news on it yet? Did Wilder mention the severity in the presser?

Back
Top Bottom