Rhys Norrington-Davies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Happy to see him training, but feel Robinson has earned that place this season. To replace him now would be a poor decision.

Robinson has arguably been our best player so far this season. I get that doesn't say much given the calibre of the performances. I don't feel he deserves to lose his spot.
I totally agree, but if we're 4 at the back, I don't see how we can play him.

Trusty is better. RND is better at LB (if fit)

RND before his injury looked like he was one of those that would make the step up, he’ll need time but really hope he does it, RND at lwb and Trusty/Robbo at lcb is pretty defensively sound and should go someway to plugging some of the holes

Stood out for me in the session Andrews was taking, was him telling them they need to play out in those tight areas as they will be on you. Then showing them to use the space…so full back is going to be very important.

So less launching it when under pressure and making them use the keeper, play with the ball at our feet and get up the pitch rather than isolating forwards and expecting them to retain it or get us up the pitch (as Illy did well last season)

I’m hoping that’s the plan for the rest of the season, whether we come a cropper a few times or not, unless we do it and get better at it we won’t progress forwards at all as a team with a plan to become a regular top flight club. Whether we like it as fans or not we need to accept it and back them, because there are at least half a dozen sides in the league below that are doing it well against the press and dominating games.

So, going back to my first sentence, we will need players good on the ball at full back.
RND not played enough to be in contention.

So I’m reckoning it’ll be Lowe at LB and Bogle at RB. I think we will stick with the 5 to start with.
I know there’s a thread suggesting otherwise, but I’m thinking it’s a red herring.

Midfield- Norwood will start. He’s a Wilder player and well known and trusted as to what he can do.
After that it could be any as none of the others have really been undroppable, I think Souza may be struggling for a place given his limitations with the ball and mobility.
McAtee may also find himself having to battle for a place, I reckon Wilder will see him as an impact player only, bit of a luxury and not a starter when we need to fight.

I totally agree, but if we're 4 at the back, I don't see how we can play him.

Trusty is better. RND is better at LB (if fit)
I don’t remember RND being better than Robinson is now and we cannot expect RND to be up to his former standards before February at the earliest.

is it just me or did he look like he was a bit light on one of his legs? I reckon he is a long way from playing a proper game of football.

Good to see the lad back training though and hopefully he can make a difference later in the season.

Funny how he featured heavily in the first footage of training with the new Gaffer yet we thought he was dead so rare was an appearance behind the scenes beforehand?

Why are people comparing RND to Robbo? they play 2 different positions although both of them can play either position I think Robbo is much better at centre back instead of full back. We should be comparing RND to Thomas Lowe and Lorouchi. RND was by far our best left back/wing back before he got injured.

Thought he’d have to retire so this is fabulous news

Good to see him back in and around the first team, when’s his contract expiring?
When he hits form and therefore goes for nothing, I can see the same happening with Brewster. However if I'm running the club I'm not sure I want injury prone players on big 3 year contracts. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

We are desperate to have a fit, aggressive, competitive LWB.
We concede so many goals from play down our left, and have done for ever since we lost Joc and again with NRD.
Other teams know it is our weak area, playing Hamer or McAtee on the left doesn't provide enough defensive cover.
Luton even played Doughty out of position to exploit our frailties in that area.
I'm hoping a fit NRD will sort it out.

We are desperate to have a fit, aggressive, competitive LWB.
We concede so many goals from play down our left, and have done for ever since we lost Joc and again with NRD.
Other teams know it is our weak area, playing Hamer or McAtee on the left doesn't provide enough defensive cover.
Luton even played Doughty out of position to exploit our frailties in that area.
I'm hoping a fit NRD will sort it out.
6 iron is his best position left back? I was thinking prior to his injury he was playing left centre back? Not sure he's quick enough to play full back at the top level but he can definitely play the left side in a back three.

Anel, Trusty, RND would be a very solid back 3 in the championship. Put Bogle or Baldock at right wing back and a new LWB and we have the makings of the best back 5 in the championship

Back
Top Bottom