Regan Slater contract extension

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's not how it works
I might be missing something obvious, or have the wrong end of the stick....

But

Contract due to expire end of the month.
Hull interested in him.
We extend contract for a year.
Hull therefore need to negotiate a deal, rather than sign on a free?

Asset protected, surely.

But

Hull interested in him.

Asset protected, surely.
Any of our Academy players under 24 dont go to another club on a free unless we release them

Any of our Academy players under 24 dont go to another club on a free unless we release them
Especially players like slater who’ve been here for over a decade. Although if we didn’t put a contract offer in front of him then he moves for nothing.

But

Hull interested in him.

Asset protected, surely.

If Hull were actually interested, he wouldn't have signed a new deal

Regan is quite small isn't he? I would suggest that he lacks any of the physical attributes needed to be a top level midfielder. Doesn't score, doesn't create, can't head, likely to be brushed off the ball easily or run past by top level midfielders. Another Louis Reed or Ben Whiteman for me. Probably become a good lower league pro with a ceiling of League 1 or lower championship. Or if you look at it another way he is blocking the path of one of our other younger U23 player who may have those athletic attributes required. He needs regular first team football.
Obviously never watched him play much

I mean, he hardly tore up any trees did he?
Not saying it won't work out for him here, but he's not been a key player at either Hull or Scunny now. Don't mind him being in the squad but wouldn't want him as even second choice next season.
And you watched how many Hull games last year….I’m quessing not one based on the knowledge you display

Also i bet half on here unsure if he can do us a job are also the ones who say we are losing our identity on the pitch with going forrin.

Slater is a Blade through and through, give him a chance next season i say, at minimum he'll have the passion for us
Passion is worthless if he doesn’t have the ability. He needs games, if he stays with us then those games will be limited, if he goes to Hull he’ll play most weeks. That’ll be far better for his development and both him and his old man are happy for that to happen.
New short term deal plus a loan to Hull makes the most sense on every level.

Don’t you think he’d be better going to Hull, and potentially starting more than 11 games for them this season?

I’m not even saying he’s a bad player. But to say he’s had an impact warranting a place in the first team of a promotion chaser in the division above is wild.

Don’t you think he’d be better going to Hull, and potentially starting more than 11 games for them this season?

I’m not even saying he’s a bad player. But to say he’s had an impact warranting a place in the first team of a promotion chaser in the division above is wild.
Sheff Utd won’t play youth next year no brainier take the money and let him go

Regan wants to stay at utd as long as he can...

He wants a career in football of course.. But if there's a crack of light that it could be with utd and he sticks with us..

You lot go on about how it would be if you got a shirt, but get yourself in that position..

He's a brave lad, he can take Hulls money tommorow, and they love him..

Another Billy sharp.. Loves the blades..

Before you criticise... He loves us like we do..

Cut him some slack.. Ffs..

Regan wants to stay at utd as long as he can...

He wants a career in football of course.. But if there's a crack of light that it could be with utd and he sticks with us..

You lot go on about how it would be if you got a shirt, but get yourself in that position..

He's a brave lad, he can take Hulls money tommorow, and they love him..

Another Billy sharp.. Loves the blades..

Before you criticise... He loves us like we do..

Cut him some slack.. Ffs..
You're a mate of his? Fair play.

I've no idea whether he'll make it here. But if he feels he's got a chance and wants to give it a go, and Jokanovic is happy to keep him, then that's that.

And the best of luck to him however it works out.

Yes, just like Wendy did with Lavery. Lavery wanted to leave them but he couldnt leave them on a free until he turned 24 even though Wendy offered him a new contract in summer 2016 (he turned 24 in October 2016).

Not sure if the rules have changed in last few years but I remember two from my son's class at Junior school joined Chesterfield CoE when they were 9 in 2007. Both decided to join Wendy when they were 13 despite Chesterfield refusing to release them for free. It was agreed that if either made their 1st team debut for Wendy before they are 24 then Wendy will have to pay a fee to Chesterfield. Both no longer with Wendy or Chesterfield. Last I heard one of them plays for Buxton and the other played in USA (not sure if he is still there).

Sheff Utd won’t play youth next year no brainier take the money and let him go
It's difficult to say that until the manager has a look at everyone.

Some players thrive under new management.

We are down Lundstram and let's assume Berge is either sold or loaned out for a healthy fee. Doesn't that make Slater and Norwood the only two right footed senior central Midfielders for now?

We might be due some compensation but if he was out of contract of course he could leave.
I remember thinking it was wrong that an academy player cant go anywhere else for free until he is 24 as many interested clubs dont want to pay a fee.

We are down Lundstram and let's assume Berge is either sold or loaned out for a healthy fee. Doesn't that make Slater and Norwood the only two right footed senior central Midfielders for now?
Broadbent, Neal and Coulibaly are all 20 years old.

Broadbent, Neal and Coulibaly are all 20 years old.
That's what I mean. They are nowhere near being considered for the first team.

Best the ones you mention can expect is a loan in league two and Coulibaly is already spoken for this season.

You might not think he tore any trees up, an holding type of midfielder rarely does, especially in League one but he made 27 appearances in a title winning league one team, how can his next step not be the Championship? Anybody who does that deserves a chance at the very least.

With how our midfield looked last season I wouldn’t write off any of our younger players getting in ahead of them.

Hull want him back straight away, that indicates there’s something to work with in the Championship.

We need to have a look at the very least. It might save us some dosh for another potential key signing? 🤷‍♂️
Agreed we need to take a look. But I'm not sure Hull will be preparing a squad to mount a promotion challenge. Of course, like any team, they would hope for it

Back
Top Bottom