Regan Slater contract extension

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What is it with players dad's on social media? Never ends well.

His Dad will quite rightly have every opportunity to discuss and voice his opinion about his sons best career path with him in private.
Why he would ever consider that doing so publicly via social media, is going to have a positive outcome for either him or his son is beyond me? 🤫

His Dad will quite rightly have every opportunity to discuss and voice his opinion about his sons best career path with him in private.
Why he would ever consider that doing so publicly via social media, is going to have a positive outcome for either him or his son is beyond me? 🤫
Does the club do enough to prepare parents of youth players? Do they advise them that some people will say hurtful things about their kids as soon as they’re in even the smallest of spotlights and that they’re better not getting involved?

Does the club do enough to prepare parents of youth players? Do they advise them that some people will say hurtful things about their kids as soon as they’re in even the smallest of spotlights and that they’re better not getting involved?
Personally I don't think that its the clubs responsibility, isn't it just common sense?

Besides I imagine 99% of the ones who are in or around the first team will have an agent, probably it should fall to them to politely point out if a parent is not acting in the best future interests of their son?

Probably coming from the same Father who was overjoyed when SUFC gave his son his first professional contract. If indeed it is RS's old fella then his old man should reign it in on social media and probably also try to understand the clubs position as well as his sons. He was happy to sign the contract (which gave the club the option to extend by a year at the end of it if they chose to do so) so perhaps they should think about honouring it and getting the collective heads down to see what the future brings. It's not like Utd are saying hes with us for the next 4 years no matter what, the club are simply saying that they want to let the new man see what he's got to offer before they either use him more or let him go for a reasonable fee. Cannot see where the club is trying to be obtuse in this situation at all.

Reminds me of when I was a 3rd year apprentice, 20 years old and one of the lads on my intake failed a couple of modules. His got his dad to come in to try and shake up the training manager and got laughed at and shown out of the door. We were paid adult employees of a pretty well known airline.

Ribbed him for years about it.

I can imagine after a few frustrating years stagnating at United in the 23’s and after a good loan spell at Hull Regan probably does feel like he wants a fresh start. However, with the change of gaffer things will probably feel pretty different at United and he’s likely to be involved with the first team in pre season and could get a chance to impress. That fresh start might be a lot closer to home than his father seems to think and he might wish he’d kept his powered dry if Reagan does end up staying.

Mark Duffy and Regan Slater have same dad?? Mind you it's not just footballers, alot of parents think they should be their kids agents, just look at how McCauley Culkin ended up as example

Strange tweet talking about himself in the third person "dont listen to his Dad" said by his Dad ? Confused.

I think he's answering his own previous stupid post, and trying to turn it into a joke.

Back
Top Bottom