Referee

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He should never have given Brewster the first yellow card. Yes it was a free kick, but not massive contact or nasty. Given how times the blues players gave many pulls, pushes and contacts that where as least as bad, but mostly worse, yet they where never yellow carded or sometimes not even given a free kick for.

Agree with that but two wrongs etc.

Not his best performance I'm sure he'll agree.

Brum were cynical with their fouling of Berge but always seemed to get a different player to take the yellow. Not sure what the ref could do about it as none of fouls merited red. Having said that he gave us nothing all night.
Am I right in thinking that he would have had to sent the guy off at the end, had he not blown up early for the end of the game?

Part of law 15 - generally, jumping in front of the thrower would be deemed as impeding.

An opponent who unfairly distracts or impedes the thrower (including moving closer than 2 m (2 yds) to the place where the throw-in is to be taken) is cautioned for unsporting behaviour and if the throw-in has been taken an indirect free kick is awarded.

But since he was behind the line, by jumping isn't he just making an honest attempt to play the ball?

But since he was behind the line, by jumping isn't he just making an honest attempt to play the ball?

You may view it that way but I don't and neither would most referees. I'd say he was trying to gain an unfair advantage by impeding the thrower

Am I right in thinking that he would have had to sent the guy off at the end, had he not blown up early for the end of the game?

Could have quite easily been a second yellow for Leko, yes. Mind you, I'm sure Norwood would have either hit the first man or chipped it up for the GK to easily collect from the resulting free kick :)

Can’t blame the ref for that.

birmingham schooled us. They created by far the best chances and I’m not even sure we forced their keeper into a save…. Story of last season as well.

Didn't he jump after the throw-in had been taken? Surely a player is allowed to move if he's far enough back with risking a yellow card.

He jumped as the throw- in was being taken IMHO. You may of course have a different opinion as did the ref it seems by him taking no further action. Perhaps he felt that Brewster could do whatever he liked if he remained 2 yds from the thrower (an interesting interpretation if so) or he felt Brewster's actions didn't influence the game enough (as opposed to say actually blocking the ball) for him to decide to make that call - one that would have incensed the crowd.

However, by the letter of the law, he could/should have been cautioned.

He made a new rule up about standing 1m from the ball for a throw in. I thought he was going over to book the thrower for time wasting.

when was the last time a team we played got 6 bookings But always got the Ben if it of the doubt?

2 metres and not a new rule (or law!)

Do you think they ever watch the replays and go “oh I fucked up there”?

Referees live in a different universe to the rest of us.

No-matter how badly they do they never get sacked.

At an absolute worst they'll get put on a League 2 match for a weekend then next weekend they are back.

Rugby is a far harder game to referee yet they get it spot on there so it can be done in football, question is why hasn't it be done?

I'd take VAR right now to be honest.

Having reviews is fine as long as it's quick like the Bundesliga, just our stupid country that can't figure it out.

The feeling of being cheated out of 1-3 by inept officials is worse than having a goal ruled out for offside.

The ref is a PL ref.
He looked too far behind the play to give a penalty,but it looked like he had his earpiece in .The lino made the goof and gave the pen. He then followed that mistake up by missing the offside in the build up to the second goal.
Very poor game by the ref and his officials.
They should bring in eye exams or drug testing for these officials.

Referees live in a different universe to the rest of us.

No-matter how badly they do they never get sacked.

At an absolute worst they'll get put on a League 2 match for a weekend then next weekend they are back.

Rugby is a far harder game to referee yet they get it spot on there so it can be done in football, question is why hasn't it be done?

You're of course entitled to your opinion FM but I'm afraid I disagree with every point you've made there.

There are of course some arrogant refs about (Simon Hooper being one I know personally) but most (at all levels) beat themselves up over mistakes, especially when they lead to match turning events.

There is actually a lot of pressure on officials especially those at Level 3 and above, being observed in most/all games and with demotions at the end of each season.

Rugby refs command more respect but my personal view is it's a much easier game to officiate - mostly looking across lines, hence why the standard is perceived by some as better.

How come Leeds got away with it under Wilkinson at the Lane many years ago? Summer changed?

I remember that game well - their strikers told to close Tracey down to stop him dropping the ball at his feet and then running off the pitch before coming back on without seeking the ref's permission - they should both have been cautioned for it.

Should Ben Pearson have been sent off for second bookable offence when he hauled down a rampaging Ollie McBurnie in the second half ? The referee should be held accountable for all the mistakes he made today and suspend him for a few weeks .. maybe then he might learn how to carry out his role as an honest referee !!!

This guy needs reporting, if not deporting to the Zambian 4th Division Under 10 League and he'd be lucky to ref a game there.

The worst performance I have ever seen, EVER in any form of sport.

Unreal , he just wanted us not to win !

Back
Top Bottom