Referee

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Couldn't see game so listened on RS , was McBurnie's second booking deserved ?
I didn't think so. Unless he said something to the ref. Johnson was grappling with him, shirt pulling and McBurnie threw him off. Surely he's entitled to free himself if someone has hold of his clothing?

I thought the ref started the game really well, just let play flow, wasn't taking any nonsense from Spurs players.
Then he just got card happy. All those bookings and a sending off were ridiculous

I firmly believe that lesser clubs get a raw deal and referees cannot wait sometimes to favour the bigger clubs ! Under no circumstances would a Spurs player have been sent off for what Mcburnie did !
As ever UTB !

Three points re the ref'ing today
1/ where did he get 12m from?
2/ McB 2nd booking he would not have booked a spurs player for how he reacted to having his shirt pulled and then awarding a free kick to spurs
3/ the spurs player who straight elbowed Bash in extra time why wasnt that a Red card

I firmly believe that lesser clubs get a raw deal and referees cannot wait sometimes to favour the bigger clubs ! Under no circumstances would a Spurs player have been sent off for what Mcburnie did !
As ever UTB !
totally agree when did we get our first free kick v Man city wasnt it the 66min
then today 12min extra time ???
then as you say Under no circumstances would a Spurs player have been sent off for what Mcburnie did !
cant have the big boys losing

Both fans agree the ref was bad, but he wasn't the average bad that all refs seem to be these days, but really bad.

He should be struck off the professional game entirely.
Just shows people who hold a position of power are untouchable as he will no doubt be back next week.

Both fans agree the ref was bad, but he wasn't the average bad that all refs seem to be these days, but really bad.

He should be struck off the professional game entirely.
Just shows people who hold a position of power are untouchable as he will no doubt be back next week.
Bet the ref assessor gives him 10 out of 10...so depressing

Maddison was the 5th official telling the ref what to do all game and got away with it. Two very late yellows given out McBurnie in the 90th+14 minutes and Richarlison in the 90th+16.

I thought the ref started the game really well, just let play flow, wasn't taking any nonsense from Spurs players.
Then he just got card happy. All those bookings and a sending off were ridiculous
I said after around 30 mins that the Spurs fans wouldn’t like him because he gave them nothing. Just let the game flow. The cards spoilt a decent performance and that’s something I very rarely say about refs.

How much does a Premier League referee get paid?
They have two assistants and at least one other referee watching footage in slo mo.
Still fuck it up.
Seriously anyone doing such a piss poor job, wouldn’t last a week in most professions.

Ref was acting within the law changes by giving him his second yellow he was right in the refs face
Well i watched it and he was not right in the refs face at all . Unlike Maddinson that questioned every decision the ref made ,mind you he was joking with the ref as they came out for the second half ,really chummy .15 yellow cards and one red in a match that did not contain one nasty foul tells you every thing you need to know about the tosser with the whistle but I expected it in the prem the day we got promoted .The quality of refs are so poor so inconsistant to such a degree i do wonder if this league with all this money involved is corrupt .

Ref was acting within the law changes by giving him his second yellow he was right in the refs face
Hope he got his moneys worth then by calling him a complete and utter useless balding cunt who’s wife hates him because he’s strictly missionary only.

I really think it's time to make a stand against the guys in the ivory towers that control the running of football in this country . They are ruining the sport .Managers and players can not say what they want to say even if they are right in their comments about officials being well below standards that we the paying public expect . It is getting a joke . Any one doing a job as bad as these guys are doing would be sacked in the real world . Time for fans to stand up and tell those in power the standards that officials we are witnessing nearly every week are not acceptable and are not fit for purpose. Nearly all clubs and nearly all fans are sick to the back teeth of these idiots .The clubs and managers hands are tied and they have to wear gags by the untouchables sat in their ivory towers but the fans they cant gag . These guys are so bad fans are now wondering if its corrupt .

I really think it's time to make a stand against the guys in the ivory towers that control the running of football in this country . They are ruining the sport .Managers and players can not say what they want to say even if they are right in their comments about officials being well below standards that we the paying public expect . It is getting a joke . Any one doing a job as bad as these guys are doing would be sacked in the real world . Time for fans to stand up and tell those in power the standards that officials we are witnessing nearly every week are not acceptable and are not fit for purpose. Nearly all clubs and nearly all fans are sick to the back teeth of these idiots .The clubs and managers hands are tied and they have to wear gags by the untouchables sat in their ivory towers but the fans they cant gag . These guys are so bad fans are now wondering if its corrupt .
Mentioned it elsewhere but the biggest chance of that is next time the european super league come knocking, it will just show how out of touch sky et all are when they declare their faux outrage, and the rest of us go no…actually fuck off. Take your ball and fuck off we dont want you.

You guarantee the sky lot, the MOTD lot etc will do their fucking punditry on it regardless of the shit spouting they do in opposition to it. Fuck them. Fuck their money. Fuck the Premier League.

I didn't think so. Unless he said something to the ref. Johnson was grappling with him, shirt pulling and McBurnie threw him off. Surely he's entitled to free himself if someone has hold of his clothing?

The sensible thing to do in that situation is to act in such a way which makes it very, very obvious your shirt is being pulled to force the ref to make a decision in your favour

The sensible thing to do in that situation is to act in such a way which makes it very, very obvious your shirt is being pulled to force the ref to make a decision in your favour
You are right, of course, but it’s easier said than done in the heat of the battle.

You are right, of course, but it’s easier said than done in the heat of the battle.

Well, yes, but I kind of get the feeling that our coaches are wanting the game to be played in some sort of Corinthian spirit and not recognising it is 2023 where refs will give anything if you make it obvious enough, and not pointing this sort of thing out. Nobody gets points for playing the game "the right way"

Doesn't matter what any of our players do, forget the sending off. What did the referee give us today? The same as all the other embarrassing referees this season. They've somehow contrived this decision that books players for back chatting but they only book smaller club player's cos if it happened to big time charlie's there would be hell on. Totally pissed off wi system and the league, refs won't alter always favour sealers. Sorry for rant but All season same tackles done by both teams only blades get penalised and I know I'm repeating myself but I just hate this league. Sorry had a belly full

Well, yes, but I kind of get the feeling that our coaches are wanting the game to be played in some sort of Corinthian spirit and not recognising it is 2023 where refs will give anything if you make it obvious enough, and not pointing this sort of thing out. Nobody gets points for playing the game "the right way"
We were 2-1 down and in the last chance saloon. It’s hardly surprising that a player gets upset when a ref misses a clear foul against him.

As Hecky said, these people are running the game and the worst thing they face is being dropped for a week.

The trouble is referees in the Premier League are in front of a world wide audience adjudicating games with players who are famous all over the world, they're turning into camera hogging psychos looking for the minute in the sun

How much does a Premier League referee get paid?
They have two assistants and at least one other referee watching footage in slo mo.
Still fuck it up.
Seriously anyone doing such a piss poor job, wouldn’t last a week in most professions.
You don't think it is a very hard and almost impossible job? Two sets of supporters that are so biased even the clearest of decision have thousands actually believing the clear elbow in the face never connected. And add to that the fast pace of the game and all players trying to cheat in every single challenge.

Do you also not think these are actually the best available at their profession?

Back
Top Bottom