Referee Watching Season 22/23

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have we ever won a game with him in charge
Marriner has reffed us 21 times. We've drawn 10, lost 9 and won only 2 (The Chelsea game mentioned above and a 2-1 win at home to Cardiff in 2004).

Quite a rotten record when you look at it. Only West Ham have anything similarly bad from Marriner (8 wins, 13 draws, 21 defeats).

Makes you wonder if any there's any other match officials where we never seem to win. If Warnock saw that record he'd have a fit!

Proof it can work

Well I never...

Gillett also took charge of the second leg of the 2020–21 EFL Championship play-off semi-final between Brentford and AFC Bournemouth.

On 22 June 2021, Gillett was selected with three other referees to be promoted to the Select Group 1, allowing him to officiate Premier League games from the 2021–22 Premier League season onwards.

On 25 September 2021, Gillett became the first non-British or Irish referee to referee a Premier League game, taking charge of a 1–1 draw between Watford and Newcastle United.
-
I don't mind the Aussies. Love em in fact. But that Queensland accent. 🤮🤮

Ref was really poor in the first half, he might have been in the second but I stopped paying attention at 2-0

How we ended up with the first booking today is beyond comprehension.

Again I didn't think he was that bad, he let the game flow. Give me that over a Ref blowing his whistle every 2min any day.
It's maybe a bit early to say this but I think the Refs on the whole have been OK so far this season.
Other than the ref bottling a red on McAtee the other night I can't disagree. Watched it today and didn't see much wrong. Good game.

I thought he was the best ref we have had in ages. Missed a few things, but compared to some of the rank incompetence and bias that I have seen over the last few years, he was fine.

Personally I liked the way he reffed it today. Let a few chunky tackles go, even let a few fouls get past him but he wasn't big on shit housing and petulance which was a breath of fresh air.

Gavin Ward is the referee tonite at home to Reading,and yes he did the same fixture in April last season,booking 4 players from each team.

Booked MGW for fuck all as i remember.

1661851034131.png

Gavin Ward is the referee tonite at home to Reading,and yes he did the same fixture in April last season,booking 4 players from each team.

Booked MGW for fuck all as i remember.

View attachment 142639

I’ve no idea how they select refs, but I’d have thought for him to be re-appointed for the same match both clubs would have to have given him a decent rating.

Talking of shit refs, was stuck behind Dermot G and his mates today on the golf course.

Better second half, tried to let the game flow - but didn't give us much first half

Tonight we had another absolute joker in charge, even he failed to ruin our night.
All about opinions, but I thought he was the best ref I've seen for years. He really let the game flow, allowing rough and tumble from both teams. He kept his cards in his pocket and tried really hard not to blow unnecessarily.

I'd be happy if the new advice to be more robust, means more refs like that.

You don’t often win 4 nil and still want to boo a ref off at the end. He’d obviously left his cards at home. Absolute joke of a referee.

Back
Top Bottom