reasons to be positive

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score
21 games left
next 2 away at posh and brum Id say in their form both are winnable
that would put us within touching distance of the play offs

after that there will be 19 games left of which 12 are at bramall lane and we will only have 7 away games left

so the potential there to collect points
we need an average 2 points per game of 21 left to add 42 points to put us on 78 points that should assure a top 6 berth

Its not that far fetched

Last edited:

21 games left

after that there will be 19 games left of which 12 are at bramall lane and we will only have 7 away games left

we need an average 2 points per game of 21 left to add 42 points to put us on 78 points that should assure a top 6 berth

Its not that far fetched

Agree

But it’s the hope that kills you

depends how you set your expectations

I go with its as much possible as its probable
its not certain but feesable

I wont be surprised if we finished somewhere between 5th and 11 th theres so many variables

what we do with the squad in the next 10 days will give us more idea

from where we were Id say a play off spot would be quite an achievement

21 games left

Its not that far fetched

Until next game, where by all of the players will be called spineless c*"*s

Were def in the running , granted from the back of the pack , still a lot of points to play for & with the majority at home who knows , maybe when we know what squad were left with on Feb 1st we’ll see how equipped we are . With the games rolling in thick & fast injuries/ suspensions will play a part in that run in .

I think we've given ourselves to big a mountain to climb but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try!

Also if we finish strongly it puts us in a good position for next season provided there is good planning (I know) in place.

have a good look at this form table and tell me why we have so much negativity at our club

Yep, that's the biggest thing we have on our side- the league's poor this year, shite. Have we really seen a side come to Bramall Lane and thought they looked good?? Mediocre after mediocre, nowt doing at all apart from the top 2.

We don't have to be good or deserve to get in the play offs to get there, we just need to tick off the wins, especially with so many at home. A settled side, and Brewster getting some confidence and banging a few in could be enough.

I'm not saying we're good enough to get in the play offs, I'm saying the league's so crap we could easily find ourselves there.

Starting to look abit like we might have a team to push next season, as I dont think this season holds promotion.
Fodders/Davies in goal,
JOC hopefully back,
Lopata/Lowe having decent loans,
Gordon pushing on,
Brewster finding his feet and Jebbo doing it at Burton,
Hopefully, after a full pre-season the team will be looking stronger, and with a couple more ins and outs, things will be looking up.

2 points per game isn't inconceivable from this point in, and a points tally in the mid 70s is normally good enough for the play offs. But it will take a real effort, and we desperately need MGW for the entirety of that run, as well as a settled back line.

Then we have to consider who is going to drop out of the top 6, and who else is likely to be competing against us for 1 or maybe 2 places. On the former, West Brom look the most likely to fizzle out on current form. On the latter, it's Boro and Forest who we might have to worry about (and we play them back to back in March) whilst Stoke, Cov and some others seem to be falling away.

It could be an exciting end, or it could just splutter out like a wet fart.

We are capable of achieving the play offs

However I’m not sure it would be best for us in the medium term

Sure it would be great to go back up first time, but we would be an embarrassment

We don’t have the money needed for a rebuild, yet we would need a GK, 3 defenders, 3 midfielders and a striker all of 1st team prem quality

That’s over £100m and that’s only allocating £12m per player, and we have several £20m players not doing it.

Strong finish to the season, good summer with a couple coming in, same again JTW and go up next season may be better for the longer term stability of the club

2 points per game isn't inconceivable from this point in, and a points tally in the mid 70s is normally good enough for the play offs. But it will take a real effort, and we desperately need MGW for the entirety of that run, as well as a settled back line.

Then we have to consider who is going to drop out of the top 6, and who else is likely to be competing against us for 1 or maybe 2 places. On the former, West Brom look the most likely to fizzle out on current form. On the latter, it's Boro and Forest who we might have to worry about (and we play them back to back in March) whilst Stoke, Cov and some others seem to be falling away.

It could be an exciting end, or it could just splutter out like a wet fart.
we have some momentum now just the one loss in 3 months
bournemouth are starting to fade as much as we are improvinng
we dont have to worry about other clubs , just get 2 points per game the rest sort themselves out

if we can get 75 points we should get a play off berth then its pot luck

we werent expected to finish 9th first season back
we can worry about being in the prem when we get there and after weve banked the 150m quid

have a good look at this form table and tell me why we have so much negativity at our club

Do we though?

We have a few prolific and tediously repetitive Shoutbox contributors who are predicting at least L1, but nobody I speak to is so negative. I doubt this board is representative of the majority view.

Do we though?

We have a few prolific and tediously repetitive Shoutbox contributors who are predicting at least L1, but nobody I speak to is so negative. I doubt this board is representative of the majority view.

There are a number of loudest voices on every platform which get seen sometimes as the overall view, has always been the case.

We should be positive. Despite the disappointment and frustration of Preston, that same group of players have stepped up and given a performance of what they can actually do.
Hecky's post match shows the mentality he is putting into the players. A lot of that was knocked out of them last season, and many on here would carry on knocking it out of them.
We can have a good season with this team, and I'll enjoy the journey of watching it, set-backs and victories.

There are a number of loudest voices on every platform which get seen sometimes as the overall view, has always been the case.
Think empty vessels, vocal minorities etc.

Some people honestly believe that if they make enough noise they will be in the majority.

They're wrong of course but if it keeps them happy and it doesn't harm me I just let them get on with it and we're all happy.

I genuinely don't see us finishing in the top six at the end of the season as we're consistently inconsistent. And that's really all I'd like to see by the end of the season, some consistency in the performances both as a team and individually, regardless of results.

I genuinely don't see us finishing in the top six at the end of the season as we're consistently inconsistent. And that's really all I'd like to see by the end of the season, some consistency in the performances both as a team and individually, regardless of results.
How are we inconsistent, Heck has had 6 games league games won 4 , drew 1 and lost a game where he wasnt even in the stadium .... that is far from inconsistent

depends how you set your expectations

I go with its as much possible as its probable
its not certain but feesable

I wont be surprised if we finished somewhere between 5th and 11 th theres so many variables

what we do with the squad in the next 10 days will give us more idea

from where we were Id say a play off spot would be quite an achievement
Don’t think we will do a thing with the squad to improve the first team - nowt

How are we inconsistent, Heck has had 6 games league games won 4 , drew 1 and lost a game where he wasnt even in the stadium .... that is far from inconsistent

COVID fucked our run... COVID!!!

Because a certain team on the east coast have been doing quite well since someone took over the managerial seat?

A lot to be positive about - we've got rid of some dead wood (Verrips, Olsen, Burke) & MGW white to come back (hopefully!) Brewster now looks an asset, Berge just has to come into midfield (sorry, but Oli & Conor after Preston 2nd half your race is run!),...........get Jebbo back for the run in.........he's 'on-fire'! (don't understand why we haven't called him back already?).

I dont get all this negativity
we have lost 1 league game in the last 3 calendar months

some clubs fans would think thats quite good

but not ours lets just pick out the negatives
We ain’t played for almost 6 weeks over that time 😂😂

I'm convinced that there's a lot more luck in football than people like to believe. Okay, we have thrown away plenty of points and put in some shit performances, but go on the message boards of the other play off contenders and you'll see similar opinions.

Of course we want promotion. Even if we go straight back down we trouser 100 million quid (?) Plus parachute payments. And we'd have an outside chance of beating the drop.

Back
Top Bottom