Ravel Morrison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ravel’s latest Instagram post:

View attachment 62285

Am I reading too much into this to think it suggests him and Kieron Freeman have been “frozen out” till the January transfer window?

I read it as cup team in the freezer until January (when the other one starts).

Still not very professional though.

I read it as cup team in the freezer until January (when the other one starts).

Still not very professional though.

Tired of him already, tbh. I doubt he’ll be at BDTBL by the end of January and I’m not overly bothered.

I suspect that he’ll end up at Salford City or similar, where can complete the total wanking away of a god given talent the likes of which 90% of footballers can only dream about.

He’s not been frozen out he was actually training with the first team in the gym with Billy, freck and others on the clubs office Channel

Tired of him already, tbh. I doubt he’ll be at BDTBL by the end of January and I’m not overly bothered.

I suspect that he’ll end up at Salford City or similar, where can complete the total wanking away of a god given talent the likes of which 90% of footballers can only dream about.
Your prediction may come true. It is sometimes the case that what nature/god gives with one hand is sometimes taken away with the other.
"You can't really know a man until you walk a mile in his shoes". Be kind.

Frozen out?...Can't see that when they were both on the bench at Everton.

Gave us a lift against Leicester? He literally touched the ball about three times...against Blackburn he was very average, one good run and pass for the goal and he definitely should have been sent off.

He touched the ball free times you mean

Frozen out meaning not likely to play.
It’s no surprise.....when given bits of chances neither KF or RM have looked anywhere near as good as the first teamers.
They just need to stay patient and work hard in training....they’ll get another chance at some point.

Sorry Pal but Freeman did very well when coming in for Fleck and based on his contribution in those games as well as subs before -ii think it was a bit harsh he should lose his place like that

Sorry Pal but Freeman did very well when coming in for Fleck and based on his contribution in those games as well as subs before -ii think it was a bit harsh he should lose his place like that

Sorry to be that guy, but you mean Like, Ravel is on about Keiron.

Stick him in the drawer with other mercurial Number 10's Tufty has struggled with - Holmes, Carruthers, Duffy...

If Ravel's trying to make out like that Instagram vid is full of skills, it looks like a bunch of headless chickens not knowing where each other is gonna go.

I'm gutted because we all really wanted him to well here, but he's doing what he does at every other club and seems far from a Blade. It's never gonna 'click' for him is it.

For his sake, he needs to be playing week in, week out at a lower league club. Too much of a risk for us with it being our first year back up.

Your prediction may come true. It is sometimes the case that what nature/god gives with one hand is sometimes taken away with the other.
"You can't really know a man until you walk a mile in his shoes". Be kind.

And that’s now the nose touching, winking inference isn’t it with Ravel? That he’s had such a traumatic childhood that he’s doomed never to reach his potential. He never had a chance. The narrative has shifted in the last year or so. Although it appears like it’s his fault and always has been his fault; it’s not his fault.

You’re right, I don’t know him personally, and only know his back story through what is said in the media. But he hardly does a good job of dispelling the reputation. His career at Utd will go the way it appears it’s going, and end up where we all know it will.

It's not looking good for his Blades career is it?

Although he wasn't 100% fit at the start of the season, I would have thought he would have played more of a part than he has done.

Something Def seems amiss.

Likewise with Freeman. His super sub appearance in our first game seems ages ago now.

They don’t. Trust me, ASD has been part of my life for the last 24 years and will continue to be so.

I think the lad is getting confused with some other syndrome, or doesn't understand what autism is. It seems to be a lot more common these days than ever before. Whether that's because we are better at diagnosing it, or whether there's something that's driving an increase in it, I really don't know. It was almost unheard of when I was a kid. Nowadays it seems relatively common. I know of several children who have gone through school with my kids, who are "on the spectrum". I ran football coaching with juniors for a few years and have seen quite a few affected with it there as well.

He is a troubled man, clearly his demons are stopping him reaching his full potential. I’m sure he will have the best professional help available, but it takes time and his record suggests he might well be running out of that as a top flight professional footballer. This is a plea for help and he will get it. But all of us know that at the top levels of sport if you aren’t 100% physically and mentally fit you won’t succeed.

Stick him in the drawer with other mercurial Number 10's Tufty has struggled with - Holmes, Carruthers, Duffy...
Bit harsh with duffy there mate, previous 3 seasons he were probably wilders masterstroke, spot on with others though. Think our problem is that we can't find 'another mark duffy' kind of player. Way we play it is a tricky one to sort out

Who do people spend so much time trying to read something into opaque social media posts?

Because he put it out there to get a response, you don't put things on social media if you don't want people to see and respond to it.

Ravel’s latest Instagram post:

View attachment 62285

Am I reading too much into this to think it suggests him and Kieron Freeman have been “frozen out” till the January transfer window?
If I made a 1min edit of my working day I could look like a right grafter - I’m not, I’m a work shy lazy bastard...trouble is, I think Ravel thinks these clips are a true reflection of his all round game.

He’s put a couple things on Instagram lately which could mean the attitude he has is still there.. think it was a couple days before the liverpool game, something about old coaches don’t know how to coach street footballers!!
You earn your place here Rav, do the hard yards like lundstram, Stevens etc and you might not get frozen out.
Hate that attitude. There’s plenty of street footballers enjoying success with old school coaches - M’bappe won the World Cup with Deschamps last summer. Fergie couldn’t get a tune out of Rav and he’s worked with characters like Keane, C Ronaldon and Cantona.
If Rav wants a top flight career back, he’s gonna have to show some flex as well and stop expecting the world to bend to his will and whim.

Because he put it out there to get a response, you don't put things on social media if you don't want people to see and respond to it.

K Freeman hasnt played in the Premier League this season.
The pair of them perhaps getting tetchy about opportunity !why !.
Freeman has been superseded by a better around player, he has to keep fit and show he is ready if Boldock gets injured or loses his form.The shirt is then his to keep if he merits it.
Morrison is a totally different kettle of fish !
a player trying to get up to speed and regain confidence in his ability.Whether his troubles in the past could have been avoided only he and his friends and family know.
One thing for sure when an icon like Fergi
describe you as the best he has seen at that age it can easily go wrong for at least two reasons ,: 1, He maybe reached his Zenith early which means ,peaked ! we had Diego De Garalamo who looked a world beater at 16/17 is he in non league football now ,he had a cruciate but that today is an injury players recover well from.
2 And it could be said the same about Diego!
Things coming too easily and players stop driving it forward and get left behind.
Morrison had the world at his feet and threw it away.
He will realise that now and to pick it up is not easy .Wilder given him his chance ! he's tough task master and will make him work hard toget in the team
It may have gone but too early to give up on him yet.

If he carries on making subtle hints on Twitter and Instagram and consistently being unprofessional I'd honestly pay up his contact and get him out of out club. Only him can know if he has the desire and work-ethic to claim first team football.

Do you know that is what he was doing?

I don't post things on his Social Media expecting the whole world and his dog to try and interpret it. A lot of people don't and he might just be sharing a joke between friends, similar to Bernardo Silva being.

I'm not a fan of players using social media, nor am I a fan of people who don't say what they mean. I have not got the time or inclination to unravel tweets written in some kind of code only known to the writer. If you have something to say say it, say what you mean or fuck off. I think we all know where this guy is heading he will be lucky if he lasts the season out with us.

Back
Top Bottom