Ravel Morrison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Past reputation of been a fuck up who has squandered his excellent potential at almost every club he's been at.
Can't recall a single instance where he had a hissy fit at these clubs. Being late, rather going for a kick about on the park I've heard, nothing about kicking off if he isn't playing.
So again, what are you basing you comments on?

Can't recall a single instance where he had a hissy fit at these clubs. Being late, rather going for a kick about on the park I've heard, nothing about kicking off if he isn't playing.
So again, what are you basing you comments on?

Been late for training, not interested, not showing up... all a result of been a mard arse. If he doesn't play, he could easily slip into the same routine of not showing up, not trying ... doing everything he's done at his past teams.

At the moment he's fine, but will he bother showing up for a cold training session on a Wednesday in December if he's still on the bench?

Been late for training, not interested, not showing up... all a result of been a mard arse. If he doesn't play, he could easily slip into the same routine of not showing up, not trying ... doing everything he's done at his past teams.

At the moment he's fine, but will he bother showing up for a cold training session on a Wednesday in December if he's still on the bench?
None of it is an example of him having a hissy fit when not playing, simply as not playing has never been a factor which has previously been highlighted as the trigger.
Again this is simply a story our fans want to push based on the grand total of some random Instagram messages. Good luck with your nonsense spreading about one of our players, I'll leave you to whip it up further without any real evidence, I'm sure it'll help him loads.

The Mood will be building,watched him after his assist for Oli's goal against Blackburn,he is a deep fooker.

Everyone I've spoken to who's seen him play in the Prem raves about him in terms of his talent. Coaches, managers, ex-players, also rave about his talent. It's not like he hasn't played Prem football before and looked good while doing it.

But he's like any other player. He has to earn a place here and it's not like we're talking about dropping anyone. Fleck's probably thinking that after three seasons this is the first time he won't walk back into the starting line up because of Freeman, Lundstram is defying all expectations, and Norwood is wearing the captain's armband.

It's not going to be easy for him to force a way through that and in a few ways that's a very good thing. One, we're only having this discussion about when he'll play because other players are doing the business - we aren't forced to throw him straight in because we're desperate for creativity. Two, if there's one thing it seems he needs to prove it's that he's willing to behave professionally and work hard - it's more of a test now than if he'd started every game, had no competition for his shirt, and didn't need to do his best. Three, it takes off a lot of the fan pressure because nobody's looking to Ravel thinking he's our only hope.

Whether he works out or not he's a good gamble. Year's contract with an option of extension means we aren't stuck with him if he doesn't produce and we don't lose out if he's a world beater. Potential is through the roof and this could be the signing of the season. We've strengthened enough in the area that we aren't relying on him coming good.

I'm not saying I won't be disappointed if it all comes to nothing, but for me he's a great bit of business. Not all your gambles in life pay off, all you look for is that the potential pay-offs are greater than the risks and this could be a huge win with nothing really lost if it fails.

But there is doubt about his ability then surely? Because the ability to affect the game is tied up with fitness, pace, mental attitude. I hope I’m wrong but he looks nowhere near a Premier League player so far
Watching his performance v Blackburn I thought he'd probably work out in a team where he was allowed to do his own thing, United are a very disciplined unit everybody working all the time, no zoning out. If Morrison can put in at least 70 minutes of disciplined effort coupled with his amazing skills we have a really influential player. At the moment he reminds me of le Tissier who was always described as a 'luxury player'.

Watching his performance v Blackburn I thought he'd probably work out in a team where he was allowed to do his own thing, United are a very disciplined unit everybody working all the time, no zoning out. If Morrison can put in at least 70 minutes of disciplined effort coupled with his amazing skills we have a really influential player. At the moment he reminds me of le Tissier who was always described as a 'luxury player'.
I get what you're saying but I've not seen enough to show he's got the required "X factor" to get on the pitch before others, even as a sub

I'm just surprised no one has asked how was his relationship with his Mother and what does he think about when masturbating? More importantly are they mutually exclusive of each other?

I get what you're saying but I've not seen enough to show he's got the required "X factor" to get on the pitch before others, even as a sub

From what I’ve seen, his touch and passing are excellent. But he does look a bit languid for someone I was hoping to be an impact sub.

It may turn out that he’s a good option as a ball retainer in tricky away games. Hard to say unless or until he plays a bit more.

From what I’ve seen, his touch and passing are excellent. But he does look a bit languid for someone I was hoping to be an impact sub.

It may turn out that he’s a good option as a ball retainer in tricky away games. Hard to say unless or until he plays a bit more.
Given a lot of posters have been watching football for more than 20 years (in some cases a lot more), it always surprises me that people still try to judge players after a couple of appearances.

Maybe we should play him and all the other squad players against Liverpool?

We’re going to lose anyway, let’s see what they are made of and keep the first team fresh.

Fair point. What is he? CM? AM?

Maybe we should play him and all the other squad players against Liverpool?

We’re going to lose anyway, let’s see what they are made of and keep the first team fresh.
Maybe we should play the players who deserve to be in the team, who are probably desperate to play against a side like Liverpool and not be so defeatist.

Given a lot of posters have been watching football for more than 20 years (in some cases a lot more), it always surprises me that people still try to judge players after a couple of appearances.

Lunny took 2 or 3 games to be written off IIRC.

So far this season, I think our experts wrote off the Mouse as a waste of money before he'd even played (which could be a record), although after a 10 minute cameo at Chelsea, he is now a star.

Ollie Mac, was a superstar after our first 2 games but is apparently now 'useless' (after Chelsea), according to some.

One might think people would learn to keep their traps shut until they'd seen a player at least half a dozen times, but apparently not.

So far this season, I think our experts wrote off the Mouse as a waste of money before he'd even played (which could be a record), although after a 10 minute cameo at Chelsea, he is now a star.

Ollie Mac, was a superstar after our first 2 games but is apparently now 'useless' (after Chelsea), according to some.

One might think people would learn to keep their traps shut until they'd seen a player at least half a dozen times, but apparently not.
Your mate Pinchy thought we should build the team around Matty Done after a few games.

I don't think anyone has written him off have they? Just questioned how many people think he should be in the squad without much evidence

Your mate Pinchy thought we should build the team around Matty Done after a few games.

Wherever I see oppression, hatred and ignorance I shall call it out.

Come the glorious day of the people's revolution, me and Comrade Wolfie Smith will be fighting the fascist oppressors from the barricades.

I shall intervene in every thread to remind everybody what a tit I am and er.....

Matt le Tissier a 'luxury player' - really ?

I would hardly have thought that this description could be applied to someone who , in one sequence of Premier League matches scored 113 goals in 244 matches , along with innumerable assists .

For a combination of technical ability and goal scoring prowess he is right up there as being among the best I ever saw in the English game . A truly wonderful player .

I would hardly have thought that this description could be applied to someone who , in one sequence of Premier League matches scored 113 goals in 244 matches , along with innumerable assists .

For a combination of technical ability and goal scoring prowess he is right up there as being among the best I ever saw in the English game . A truly wonderful player .

I don't think with the ball his influence and ability comes into question.

I think the reference to luxury player, is because without the ball he was a spare part - See David Ginola.

I didn't say they had.

I was responding to BushBlade ' s post about people forming opinions far too early.

I admit to being one who wrote Lundstram off having seen virtually all his performances for us up to the end of last season.
I am delighted to appear to be spectacularly wrong and fervently hope he absolutely smashes it.
If he does we have a 5 plus million pound asset that cost buttons.
GLTTL.

I don't think with the ball his influence and ability comes into question.

I think the reference to luxury player, is because without the ball he was a spare part - See David Ginola.

A bit like Stanley Matthews and Jimmy Greaves then , but I don't recall anyone describing them as luxury players .

Agree Joe, how on earth can Le Tis be described as 'luxury'? Right now we'd grasp a player like Tis if he were avaiable. Smart, savvy, gifted to the point of not knowing where to begin when praising him, MLT was a stupendous player, so much so that Liverpool wanted him, but homeboy that he was he chose to stay put at Southampton. Barely believable in today's financial climate, but it says volumes about the man that he decided to stay close to home.

Agree Joe, how on earth can Le Tis be described as 'luxury'? Right now we'd grasp a player like Tis if he were avaiable. Smart, savvy, gifted to the point of not knowing where to begin when praising him, MLT was a stupendous player, so much so that Liverpool wanted him, but homeboy that he was he chose to stay put at Southampton. Barely believable in today's financial climate, but it says volumes about the man that he decided to stay close to home.

Some put staying at Southampton down to lack of ambition. I tend to the view that if you are happy with your life why change things? Good on him.

Back
Top Bottom