Ravel Morrison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some of the most ridiculous comments.

MoM against Blackburn and gave us a lift against Leicester and has an average game within an awful team performance and suddenly he’s never going to be good enough. Come on.

It's too late in the day for him - simple as that. You can see he's got innate skill and some of his touches and vision are sublime. But he cannot make a telling contribution to any game - not even against a second string League 1 team tonight - it's a pity. I thought he looked an amazing player in those FA Youth Cup games - but his time has been and gone and he missed it. It's a cheap punt for us so nothing to lose there - but he won't be making the first team anytime soon or extending his stay with us.
Could be right cerberus but Wilder wont give up on him yet ,infact it's a challenge to CWAK .Its quite obvious he's lacking a bit of confidence and beleaf with the journey he's been on.He knows this is last chance saloon for him , lot of pressure on him at the moment ' let's hope he can come through.

I had 5 lads/teens sat behind me and all they talked about was Rav. Every touch scrutinised, why he didn’t beat his man, why he wasn’t scoring against a L1 team and why he wasn’t in first team and ripping premier league up.

He was a free. Anyone who has played football, not at a decent level, knows that playing 2 competitive games in a fragmented team is difficult.

Again let me point out he was a free. Not playing football at a decent level for a while affects your game.

Once more he was a free transfer. If he was ripping it up he would be in premier league at a club paying him double the wages we are. I hope he succeeds for us but until he does let’s let him have a fair crack without over analysing him !!

I had 5 lads/teens sat behind me and all they talked about was Rav. Every touch scrutinised, why he didn’t beat his man, why he wasn’t scoring against a L1 team and why he wasn’t in first team and ripping premier league up.

He was a free. Anyone who has played football, not at a decent level, knows that playing 2 competitive games in a fragmented team is difficult.

Again let me point out he was a free. Not playing football at a decent level for a while affects your game.

Once more he was a free transfer. If he was ripping it up he would be in premier league at a club paying him double the wages we are. I hope he succeeds for us but until he does let’s let him have a fair crack without over analysing him !!

It is probably going to take time. Does not help he is the most fined player at the club at the moment.

Did we get him for free ? :):)

MoM against Blackburn and gave us a lift against Leicester and has an average game within an awful team performance and suddenly he’s never going to be good enough. Come on.
Been poor every time I have seen him (Blackburn, Leicester and Sunderland). Not writing him off yet because it is hard coming into a team that haven't played many minutes and coming on as a sub vs a very good Leicester side but it doesn't look promising.

and let that which you have told unto us thrice-fold be true!

(I think you're the bloke who goes around shouting "Programmes 3 quid"?)

Problem with Rav is that he doesn't know how to be a professional footballer. Unbelievable talent with a ball at his feet, yes. But workrate, positional sense, generally just any work off the ball - he hasn't got it. To date, he has seemingly been unwilling to put the required work in to get there. Hopefully this changes, but I'm not optimistic on that one.

Would love for him to prove my doubts wrong.

Gave us a lift against Leicester? He literally touched the ball about three times...against Blackburn he was very average, one good run and pass for the goal and he definitely should have been sent off.

There are many mysteries at Sheffield United in the early parts of the season. Why isn't Ravel in most matchday squads? Why doesn't Luke Freeman start? Why doesn't Didsy play the Duffy role? Why did we spend £40mil on ten new players and only 2 start any match?

The answers will unfold in time.

The fact that reserve team football was replaced by under 23s will never help fringe players, as only a couple are allowed to feature. That means the rest are badly out of practise and can look rusty and off their game when called upon.

There are many mysteries at Sheffield United in the early parts of the season. Why isn't Ravel in most matchday squads? Why doesn't Luke Freeman start? Why doesn't Didsy play the Duffy role? Why did we spend £40mil on ten new players and only 2 start any match?

The answers will unfold in time.

The fact that reserve team football was replaced by under 23s will never help fringe players, as only a couple are allowed to feature. That means the rest are badly out of practise and can look rusty and off their game when called upon.
Well, they certainly looked rusty and off their game. Most of the time they also looked a little........disinterested?

I've just realised where I've seen that 'look' that's always on Morrison's face before and this is going to sound jumped up and offensive but here goes:
Autism.
And that would also tally with those moments we've seen of him on the pitch and why the lad is fantastically talented but going nowhere fast.

I've just realised where I've seen that 'look' that's always on Morrison's face before and this is going to sound jumped up and offensive but here goes:
Autism.
And that would also tally with those moments we've seen of him on the pitch and why the lad is fantastically talented but going nowhere fast.

I don’t think you mean any offence but I didn’t realise autistic people had a certain look about them? Do they? That’s news to me!

Autism.

Pretty naff analogy that, in fact completely ignorant.

Played first half of the under 23s VS Burnley on Monday, along with K Freeman and Verrips, didn't look interested, mind you I can't really blame him, our young lads were out classed on all fronts by the men of Burnley,, especially in the dark arts and referee intimidation tactics, we've got a long way to go to catch up...

Reactions: Dkc
Autism.
I hope this comment is fishing for bites as it's probably the most ill informed, ignorant observation that I've come across. I suspect the medical people wish they could identify and diagnose autism by a swift look. Would save loads of time, money and heartache.

Wasn't fishing but I'll leave it if everybody is offended, we're all on the autism spectrum somewhere.

Ravel’s latest Instagram post:

View attachment 62285

Am I reading too much into this to think it suggests him and Kieron Freeman have been “frozen out” till the January transfer window?
He’s put a couple things on Instagram lately which could mean the attitude he has is still there.. think it was a couple days before the liverpool game, something about old coaches don’t know how to coach street footballers!!
You earn your place here Rav, do the hard yards like lundstram, Stevens etc and you might not get frozen out.

Don’t judge a player till they’ve been given a chance

How many chances has he had a grand total of 0

Ravel’s latest Instagram post:

View attachment 62285

Am I reading too much into this to think it suggests him and Kieron Freeman have been “frozen out” till the January transfer window?

Frozen out meaning not likely to play.
It’s no surprise.....when given bits of chances neither KF or RM have looked anywhere near as good as the first teamers.
They just need to stay patient and work hard in training....they’ll get another chance at some point.

Autism.
I don't think Morrison would be too pleased you calling him autistic !

it's probably the most ill informed, ignorant observation that I've come across

You've not been on here long, have you?

. I suspect the medical people wish they could identify and diagnose autism by a swift look. Would save loads of time, money and heartache

I'm not poking fun at autism and I get your drift. The poster rightly said that we are all on the spectrum and I'm happy he was being clumsy rather than malicious.

That said, it's an internet forum in the evening, so expect less Proust/ Einstein and more pissed up bollocks. Early days, but we might even be able to degenerate this thread into someone being a 'Nazi'.

Back
Top Bottom