Ramsdale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's quite on trend at the moment, but I felt like he made a little bit of a mess of things but did quite well with his recoveries. Should have done better for Mane's header. Things just seemed to stick to Allison at the other end. Genuinely pleased to see how quickly he's made the shirt is own though!

giphy.gif

Hes way overhyped at the moment in my opinion, our very own league 1 wes would have saved the sames shots and ramsdale was really shit for 2 of the goals tonight, he could not have made the 2nd goal easier if he tried

Henderson is a much better keeper, criminal that he's warming the bench every week

Hes way overhyped at the moment in my opinion, our very own league 1 wes would have saved the sames shots and ramsdale was really shit for 2 of the goals tonight, he could not have made the 2nd goal easier if he tried

Henderson is a much better keeper, criminal that he's warming the bench every week
Terrible comment. Some of his saves were outstanding, arsenal would be in big bother without him. Henderson was great also.

Shhh... we want that extra money from Arsenal.

I've no idea which saves people think were "world class" or "outstanding" 🤔
I'm the outstanding man. I hate premier league football but my wife was out so today realised I had towatch it. Did you really watch that live? some of his saves and smothers were Simon tracey esq

I'm the outstanding man. I hate premier league football but my wife was out so today realised I had towatch it. Did you really watch that live? some of his saves and smothers were Simon tracey esq
Wait, so is Simon Tracey where we set the bar for world class goalkeepers now? Erm, okay, I guess 🤷‍♂️

It’s possibly because he wasn’t actually that dreadful. What he’s showing is that sometimes things aren’t quite as simplistic as football fans think they are.
Ok thanks football fan.

Just seen the highlights and the first looked like his left hand was a piece of lettuce and the second… 🤣.

That was the Ramsdale we had for 5 months. During which the club were all but consigned to relegation.

Have to say that I agree He does make some good saves but no more or less than I would expect any Premier League keeper to make.
It reminds me a bit of a midfielder whose second touch was a tackle. You can either say, great tackle or crap first touch. He spills a save and then recovers well but he shouldn’t have needed to recover and throw himself at Mane’s or Salah’s feet.

Strangely I felt more at easy with Fotheringham in the net yesterday than I’ve ever done with Ramsdale in it (or Olsen for that matter) but GLTTL
He had a good game didn't he? I'd be perfectly happy to see him start the next game, although I wonder how much having another defender in front of him helped

Terrible comment. Some of his saves were outstanding, arsenal would be in big bother without him. Henderson was great also.

Which ones? The only decent saves he seemed to make were from his initial errors. The others just seemed like routine saves for a competent keeper

He was poor for the header and dived completely out of the way for the 2nd after jota did a very obvious dummy, reminded me a bit of when you pretend to throw a ball for a dog and it darts off in the wrong direction and looks confused

Don't get me wrong I hope he does well and would love to see him become Englands number 1, I just think he looked poor last night

He's been absolutely fantastic for them. Such weird attitudes from some desperate to make out he's shit. Can only think it comes from bitterness about anyone leaving us or wanting to have been right when they wrote him off for us

Arsenal fans have really taken to him apparently. Think he’s surprised a lot of people this season.

He had a good game didn't he? I'd be perfectly happy to see him start the next game, although I wonder how much having another defender in front of him helped
HE looked OK but they were all routine saves

Ramsdale has a habit of making what should be routine saves look spectacular. For us, plenty of goals flew past him that weren't even in the corners. Now, he gets a fingertip to them and they're described as world class.

On the other hand, Henderson's positioning was such that he made the job look easy. There's no comparison between the two of them on one-on-ones. Henderson would stand tall, make himself big and stay up to the last minute. Ramsdale makes himself impossibly tiny by diving so early (see Arsenal today).

Ramsdale has improved and he is good with a ball at his feet. Seems a good character and has a lot of time on his side. But, for me, Henderson is miles ahead as things stand and in terms of potential. He needs to get out of Man Utd though.

And this was the reason Ramsdale got so much stick. He makes some great saves first comment he’s not as good as Hendo 😂

So glad for the lad to be away from here and moved onto better things where he’s not compared against Manchester United third choice goalkeeper who banged his hand on his chest and made the same mistakes Ramsdale did but he did them in the Premier League and was our own player.

Ramsdale has a habit of making what should be routine saves look spectacular. For us, plenty of goals flew past him that weren't even in the corners. Now, he gets a fingertip to them and they're described as world class.

On the other hand, Henderson's positioning was such that he made the job look easy. There's no comparison between the two of them on one-on-ones. Henderson would stand tall, make himself big and stay up to the last minute. Ramsdale makes himself impossibly tiny by diving so early (see Arsenal today).

Ramsdale has improved and he is good with a ball at his feet. Seems a good character and has a lot of time on his side. But, for me, Henderson is miles ahead as things stand and in terms of potential. He needs to get out of Man Utd though.
Henderson is better than Ramsdale, but may have ruined his career by trying to take the Man U #1 spot.
At the time, Chelsea were rumoured to be after him, if he had gone there before they signed Mendy, he'd have a good chance of being England #1 now.

Ramsdale is a weird case. Pulls off some fantastic saves, but then let's some baffling goals in. Liverpool's 1st other day, not saying that was an easy save to make, but he tries to flick it up over the bar, Gordon Banks style. For me he could've tried to get 2 hands behind it. Yes that would parry it out into the 6yd box, but that's where he needs his defence to react and clear for him. As you say, he sometimes goes for the spectacular.

I'm pretty sure people using the term "routine saves" are the same sorts of people that see a 0.1xG shot as a half chance that our strikers should score every time

Which ones? The only decent saves he seemed to make were from his initial errors. The others just seemed like routine saves for a competent keeper

He was poor for the header and dived completely out of the way for the 2nd after jota did a very obvious dummy, reminded me a bit of when you pretend to throw a ball for a dog and it darts off in the wrong direction and looks confused

Don't get me wrong I hope he does well and would love to see him become Englands number 1, I just think he looked poor last night
Your name tag appears to be woefully correct.

He could turn out to be like Yashin, Schmeichel and Seaman rolled into one. Still doesn't alter the fact he was so crap for 25 games last season that the back four in front of him were quivering wrecks. A major factor in us getting relegated. Fucked him off, so forget about him......

He’s an average prem keeper in his early 20’s he has plenty of time in goal keeper terms to become much better than that not many young keepers play at his level.

Henderson was exceptional during his time here but may have screwed himself by pushing for his dream too soon especially now ole is gone. If it turns out that way it’ll be a crying shame as he should’ve been England’s number one for a decade.

His distribution is in the top two in the premier league behind only Ederson. So much so that an Arsenal defender now takes the goal kicks to him so he can initiate play like a ball playing centre back. This is going to make him an extremely rare and valuable commodity for his whole career.
His handling has improved immeasurably from his Bournemouth days to be right up there amongst the best in the league. He has always been outstanding at one on ones and has proved that over the last two seasons. One swallow re Jota doesn't make a summer. He is possibly the most vocal goalkeeper in the league which has helped Arsenal's backline immeasurably. The final piece of the jigsaw is the shot stopping, which is probably mid prem level. He's been batting higher than that this season though. This is the only attribute Henderson has over him; he would pull of World Class saves from time to time. Ramsdale has made two or three this season, if he continues this average I'll revise my opinion but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
A conservative estimate of his valuation would be 50-60 million plus add ons if he replicates this form until May.
What surprises me are those Blades that valued him at him first three months in a Blades shirt rather than the rest of the season?! It was very clear that we'd given him away as given his age he'd trend to the latter rather than the former.

Back
Top Bottom