Ramsdale - sell him or keep him poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What would you do if offered £20m for Ramsdale?

• Sell

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Keep him but sell if it went to £25m

Votes: 36 5.8%
  • Keep him but sell if it went to £30m

Votes: 94 15.1%
  • Keep him but sell if it went over £30m

Votes: 256 41.2%
  • Keep him regardless of the money offered

Votes: 220 35.4%

• Total voters
Less than 200 votes (at 6:50pm). This site cannot represent the views of 30,000+ blades.

The only one I can think of to possibly replace him might be Freddie Woodman ? Don’t know about cost though or Karl Darlow who I rate but reckon I am in the minority lol !!
I personally wouldn’t sell unless it’s over £30m and even then I would moan at the club for doing so as it’s a Blades fans prerogative ha !
As ever UTB !!

This scenario crops up quite a lot.
If you were playing Football Manage…you can say “he’s not for sale at any price”

But in the real world every club…apart from PSG, Real Madrid, Man U, Man C are selling clubs.
Every player has their price and if a club receives a bid well above their valuation then it’s irresponsible to not consider selling.

I’d put Ramsdale’s current value at 15-20 million….however he’s still very young and could end up being a £40 million goalkeeper.

I’d probably accept 30 million…however the real answer is “it all depends what we do with the transfer fee”
If the sale of Ramsdale results in strengthening the squad and being promoted then it’s a great piece of business.

If we signed him for 20 million, there's no need to sell him for any less than 40 imo.

He's obviously not worth that on the market (25 million i reckon) but I feel like that's what he's worth to us.

If an offer comes in and Rammers himself is tempted, nowt much can be done really.

The only one I can think of to possibly replace him might be Freddie Woodman ? Don’t know about cost though or Karl Darlow who I rate but reckon I am in the minority lol !!
I personally wouldn’t sell unless it’s over £30m and even then I would moan at the club for doing so as it’s a Blades fans prerogative ha !
As ever UTB !!
We can sign Darlow if it means his mrs is hanging around the Lane. I went to college with her what feels like a lifetime ago and she's quite the sort (and was a division out of my league).

My view is Ramsdale is now invaluable and blades should only sell for a ridiculous offer
of close to £40m. Berge is less valuable now and i dont think he is mobile enough to
fit in a fast pacy new midfield. So negotiate with Arsenal for £65 - 70m for both
and invest the lot in a new midfield.

Who is the under 23 keeper, is there room for promotion to 1st team as Blades
seem to have a pipeline of keepers from U 23 and U 18s but please dont take on
a Premier cast off keeper towards end of career.

My view is Ramsdale is now invaluable and blades should only sell for a ridiculous offer
of close to £40m. Berge is less valuable now and i dont think he is mobile enough to
fit in a fast pacy new midfield. So negotiate with Arsenal for £65 - 70m for both
and invest the lot in a new midfield.

Who is the under 23 keeper, is there room for promotion to 1st team as Blades
seem to have a pipeline of keepers from U 23 and U 18s but please dont take on
a Premier cast off keeper towards end of career.
It’s either dewhurst or amissah and no they’re not ready for first team action. Dewhurst has represented England at age group level but he’s a long way off being a championship number one the same as ramsdale was at his age.

As ever UTB !!
Danny Ward? Been class for Wales and won't get a game at Leicester.

It would be nice to keep our better players such as him and Berge, then if we go up we’re not starting from scratch again. Don’t let Arsenal pinch our best players for little more than half their value. They’re under contract, take a chance, keep them and have the belief we’ll be a PL club ourselves again this time next year.

It would be nice to keep our better players such as him and Berge, then if we go up we’re not starting from scratch again. Don’t let Arsenal pinch our best players for little more than half their value. They’re under contract, take a chance, keep them and have the belief we’ll be a PL club ourselves again this time next year.
Not sure this idea will catch on. 😁

Arsenal have already begun discussions with Sheffield United over a deal for goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale. A fee of around £24m is being discussed. Contrary to local reports and what the goalie himself has said, Ramsdale is keen on the move. [times]

It’s either dewhurst or amissah and no they’re not ready for first team action. Dewhurst has represented England at age group level but he’s a long way off being a championship number one the same as ramsdale was at his age.
Dewhurst needs a loan to a league club big time. Ramsdale was on loan to Wimbledon the age Dewhurst is now, the next season starting for Bournemouth in the PL. He needs it.

Only seen him once in the flesh at the Burnley game and he has at least the same presence as Hendo. A big athletic lad and will be worth a good few goals next season so a definite keep for me.

As much as he improved as the season went on, no Championship club can turn down £25-30m for a goalkeeper IMO. We could probably buy a proven Championship stopper for £5m and have £20m left over to arm Slav with a proper warchest.

Dewhurst needs a loan to a league club big time. Ramsdale was on loan to Wimbledon the age Dewhurst is now, the next season starting for Bournemouth in the PL. He needs it.
They both do him and amissah sitting in the academy side or on the bench will stunt them.

As much as he improved as the season went on, no Championship club can turn down £25-30m for a goalkeeper IMO. We could probably buy a proven Championship stopper for £5m and have £20m left over to arm Slav with a proper warchest.
Thank you Kevin, but that's the kind of thinking that has kept us in the Championship for all these years........:tumbleweed:

Then get promoted and need to spend £15m+ on a decent GK

Then get promoted and need to spend £15m+ on a decent GK
Exactly mb, fuck it though, its £20M so let’s take it now. It’s this sort of shortsightedness that kept us back all those years under McCabe. Fortunately for us though, I don’t think this chairman has this mindset so we should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom