Ramsdale - sell him or keep him poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What would you do if offered £20m for Ramsdale?

• Sell

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Keep him but sell if it went to £25m

Votes: 36 5.8%
  • Keep him but sell if it went to £30m

Votes: 94 15.1%
  • Keep him but sell if it went over £30m

Votes: 256 41.2%
  • Keep him regardless of the money offered

Votes: 220 35.4%

• Total voters

£25m or keep him. Replace with Verrips. Sell ‘League 1 Wes’ to League 1 pigs for £20m.

If we get a bid of over £25m I would seriously consider selling him
We do hold all the cards on this one

We suffered last season by not having a settled keeper right from the start, thank goodness he came good in the end. With a decent keeper we have good chance of promotion, without one I can see us staying in Championship for a few years. I was critical of him to start with (though not abusive) and i'm delighted to admit I was wrong in the end. Keep him.

And

and replace him with who? Getting a GK capable of playing at top end Champ level (and hopefully above in the coming seasons) will not be cheap.

Please don't say Verrips.

I said consider selling him
Verrips is playing well in his loan spell but we obviously dont know how good he is
There will be plenty of good foreign keepers available for decent money. You never know our new manager just might know one

Does he want to leave? It’s been reported he turned down spurs and West Ham both clubs who are currently on par or ahead of arsenal. I know arsenal were great under Wenger but those days look very distant now and I don’t think they’re any more attractive than the clubs he’s reportedly turned down.

Anybody offers more than we paid then sell, without doubt. Strengthen the team with the funds. There’s blatantly an influx of foreign players arriving in the near future with how United World want to operate - let them find us a keeper from abroad who’s better and costs half the price.

Worth mentioning that Bournemouth have a sell on clause eating into our profit and in turn strengthening a major rival. Should be looking at double for a young, English keeper in the England squad. My response to a 20 million bid would be a variety of different laughing emojis, and a "try 40" . Then a negotiation between 30-40 before striking a deal with many add ons.
United may see it very differently though. Let's be right; we've essentially had a civil war over transfers featuring the boardroom and management for years now. They may well think that they can do a lot with even 20 million and be open to cashing in on any of our assets - even for what us fans think are derisory offers.I'm personally very interested and excited by what our recruitment will look like; and just how inventive it'll be. They'd better get it right though or they're going to look very stupid.

Last edited:
The decades of us accepting cut-price offers for our players should be over now.

We're told that all players have a wages cut built into their contracts in the event of relegation so we do not NEED to sell.

On that basis, we should only accept offers that are ACTUALLY too good to turn down; for example £40m+ for Berger, £35m+ for Rammers, £40m+ for Egan and indeed £100m+ for Basham (only joking here :p )

UTB & FTP

I fink we should sell. Bet there’s a sick replacement in the academy yeah!

Does he want to leave? It’s been reported he turned down spurs and West Ham both clubs who are currently on par or ahead of arsenal. I know arsenal were great under Wenger but those days look very distant now and I don’t think they’re any more attractive than the clubs he’s reportedly turned down.
Arsenal aren’t going to pay what’s required to secure any of our players.

There aren’t many good goalkeepers around at the minute for Champ or above, certainly top end ones. It would cost a pretty penny to replace him unless we get one coming towards the end of his career, and do we really want to do that??

He got some reyt shit at start of the season. He's turned into a beast of a keeper. Keep him if he wants to stay, if money and bigger clubs turn his head then cash in.

Back
Top Bottom