Ramsdale/Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t feel strongly about Ramsdale one way or the other.

Although I always taught to be reserved about personal matters such as what hes said in the players tribune yesterday, I just don’t understand why you’d ever want to open up about that. Surely it’s a family matter?
Do you think the same about Sharp and his lad who passed away? I think the point the article is making is that footballers are human, and they have lives which are often a bit shit even if they make millions. It's to encourage us to think before we abuse them on social media, or attempt to give them a kicking as that Spurs fan did.

i watched ramsdale quite a bit at shirecliffe playing for our u18s and u21s and he was brilliant and a great lad but seing him last season shithousing and taking the piss with opposition players hes gone down in my estimation hes got too bigheaded and far too clever thesedays ive no time for him now

Great Tifo YouTube video comparing him and based on "stats" he's a very average keeper by premier league standards. Expect Raya to be arsenals new #1 and Ramsdale to start bitching and moaning by January
Ramsdale next step…”I refuse to play for Arsenal Reserves” 😂

i watched ramsdale quite a bit at shirecliffe playing for our u18s and u21s and he was brilliant and a great lad but seing him last season shithousing and taking the piss with opposition players hes gone down in my estimation hes got too bigheaded and far too clever thesedays ive no time for him now

So doing all the sorts of things that we loved Hendo for?

So doing all the sorts of things that we loved Hendo for?
henderson was a great keeper for us but yes he was a nobhead just like rammy has become both of em have become total shithousers

I don’t feel strongly about Ramsdale one way or the other.

Although I always taught to be reserved about personal matters such as what hes said in the players tribune yesterday, I just don’t understand why you’d ever want to open up about that. Surely it’s a family matter?
Because perhaps he thought that people needed to know and to also express his gratitude for the manager

He wrote a decent article which is gaining a lot of traction...and I know it's not the main point of the article, but I genuinely think he hates us now. Zero credit given.

View attachment 166858

That's the only mention we get in the article but the article more on the abuse he got when joining Arsenal and being released by Bolton than with us.

I think he's a decent bloke from the way he comes across, he likes to have banter with the opposition fans and that's fine with me as long as he plays well and he does and the Arsenal fans love him it seems. As for THAT interview, I'm not denying whether he was misled by United in terms of the move but he came out saying what he said didn't need to be said, he's ruined his relationship with United as a result and that's a shame. When he rejoined us from Bournemouth I recall Eddie Howe saying he was a Sheffield fan and wanted to go back "home" etc, but he didn't enjoy the season in the PL with us I recall, but that got him the move to Arsenal in the first place. Sadly he'll get the last laugh on us because beating Arsenal won't be easy or even a draw but I'm sure he'll get an interesting reception for sure!

Whilst I think it's a positive that Ramsdale has highlighted the blight of homophobia and made a pact to not stand for it, I can't help but think that messages like this might be nice if they came from someone who didn't have skin in the game. "I'm against homophobia because my brother is gay and it's not right that he gets abuse for it." I'm sure it's not that, but it does seem somewhat cynical when people start banging a drum for a cause that's just and right anyway, and not just because they're personally affected by it.

Like Dick Cheney would never sign off on any anti-gay legislation, not because he thought it was wrong, but because his daughter was gay.

Whilst I think it's a positive that Ramsdale has highlighted the blight of homophobia and made a pact to not stand for it, I can't help but think that messages like this might be nice if they came from someone who didn't have skin in the game. "I'm against homophobia because my brother is gay and it's not right that he gets abuse for it." I'm sure it's not that, but it does seem somewhat cynical when people start banging a drum for a cause that's just and right anyway, and not just because they're personally affected by it.

Like Dick Cheney would never sign off on any anti-gay legislation, not because he thought it was wrong, but because his daughter was gay.
Agreed, but we're out with a begging bowl for any footballers to stand up on this issue with integrity and I think Ramsdale's comments are well intentioned. Especially important in the context of Henderson, who previously said he cared about this, seeming to no longer give a shit.

I'm sure all our thoughts are with him.
Quite a lot of us have a bit of an issue with him with his comments and way he left the club. Personally doesn't bother me so much but that's all only football, he's still a man whether he's in Arsenal's net or scanning your shopping in Aldi.

You've to be a world class idiot to let something like football cloud your ability to treat a player like a person. Cooped up on a plane going through that must have been horrific

Sorry but I can't agree when it comes to him.

He refused to play in order to force a move, and then played the victim and laughed about it on a podcast.

He can do one.
I would also like to add there was a video, think it was Sheff U way where they had Darren Smith (calm down everybody) on it back in the days when he just talked money and he revealed Sheff United had to pay san agent to find buyers for players when we were relegated including Ramsdale. So United went out looking to sell him and then he kicked off because he didn't get the instant move he wanted. I shall attempt to find this video.

Quite a lot of us have a bit of an issue with him with his comments and way he left the club. Personally doesn't bother me so much but that's all only football, he's still a man whether he's in Arsenal's net or scanning your shopping in Aldi.

You've to be a world class idiot to let something like football cloud your ability to treat a player like a person. Cooped up on a plane going through that must have been horrific
I never had an issue. Its football. I'm actually happy he's made it as no1 for Arsenal.

In interviews he speaks with his heart.

Players leave clubs. He thought he could do better than us and he did. It's his job.

I'm constantly looking for a better job in my career

I never had an issue. Its football. I'm actually happy he's made it as no1 for Arsenal.

In interviews he speaks with his heart.

Players leave clubs. He thought he could do better than us and he did. It's his job.

I'm constantly looking for a better job in my career
Not every player refuse to play for their current team

Anyone else notice his reaction today when Kyle went to shake his hand in the tunnel before the game?

Pulled a strange face and refused to look at him. Thought it seemed a bit off as though he wasn't particularly happy to shake his hand.

37:50 just to cover myself on my last point.
We paid an agent to find a buyer for Ramsdale and he threw his Teddy out because he didn't get what he wanted instantly.
Would recommend watching the whole video to anybody as it is enormously interesting even at a year old.

Expected to start tonight. So think we’ll be due some money from the Arsenal?

Back
Top Bottom