Ramsdale/Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You know you can get those ankle weights for running? They strap around your ankles and having something like sand in them to create more resistance.

It was like he was wearing those for the first part of the season. Slow to get anywhere near the Wolves goals in the opening game. Slow to get across for the Villa goal to name but two early games where he didn't look all that.

Did he end up with Player of the Year? Shows how bad everyone else was. It should have been Didzy.
It’s like he was in quicksand , and half decent shot was looping over him.

Them first 6 months worst united keeper ever seen. He absolutely was one of the main factors in us going down.

Irritated the fuck out of me when he’d jump on the floor with his annoying grin , in games at the end of the season when we were already down.

And as for his comments after he left us. Twat! Hope he has a mare at the Lane next season.

No doubt just like MGW will receive some stick next season.

I don't mind MGW tbh. Yes he missed a penalty for us in that play off game at the home of the Tree Shaggers, but he bought into the club whilst he was here and gave his all for us. We came up short and that wasn't his fault. Never mind we did it this season anyway. I also like the fact that when Tommy Doyle and James McAtee were wondering where to go, apparently MGW put in good word for SUFC a d told them they it was great at the Lane and a great choice of a club to go to. So basically we are saying we don't like him coe he went to a club we don't like and because some dickheads ran onto a pitch and one threw a punch. All very unsavoury obviously but why should we hold that against him? He was never our permanent player and was doing what was right for him and his career. Fair enough imo.

However, young Ramsdale.... Was our player and couldn't wait to get out of the club when Arsenal came calling. I don't blame the lad for wanting the move (who wouldn't?) but it was the way he went about it that was wrong. The refusal to play for us whilst he was under contract (and one which he was glad to sign a few months previous remember), and then the almost gloating interview where he bad mouthed a club who had been been a big part of his career and brought him through the youth ranks, was the cherry on the icing. He really came across as a smug entitled tosspot.

For me there is no issue. MGW has never bad mouthed us and in fact continued to help us after he had left. Ramsdale is fair game though and anyone who refuses to play for SUFC whilst under contract (unless for unmitigated circumstances such as the birth of their child) can go fuck themselves. I hope Ramsdale and his sticky out lolling tongue gets all the stick he deserves. A shame really.

I know hes not our player anymore but a decent article about him on bbc pages, and as said many atimes once a blade always a blade

Sorry but I can't agree when it comes to him.

He refused to play in order to force a move, and then played the victim and laughed about it on a podcast.

He can do one.

He refused to play in order to force a move, and then played the victim and laughed about it on a podcast.

He can do one.
He was told we'd sell him once a price was reached.

The price was reached, they went back on their word to sell him.

I don't blame him, can't make a player promises then fuck em over and not expect them to bitch about it.

He can do one.
He wrote a decent article which is gaining a lot of traction...and I know it's not the main point of the article, but I genuinely think he hates us now. Zero credit given.

1691072459120.png

He can do one.

Absolutely.

I don't mind he wanted to leave to further his career, but to be outraged by being held to a contract and air it out in public with Ben 'the Fawn' Foster* (who I used to like) had all the characteristics of a dickhead.

This is why nobody in their right mind is mad at Ndiaye. He refused to sign an improved contract because he had the conviction towards a move back to Marseille. While he continued to be paid less, he gave absolutely everything on the pitch and almost single handedly won us promotion.

Illi - A lad I'm chuffed to have watched in a Blades shirt and pleased to see get his dream move.

Rammers - A gobshite who played for us for a bit.

* edit - a match made in heaven to be with Wrexham. I predict epic TikTok bantz when he warms up dressed as Deadpool while Reynolds watches on in a Wrexham GK Jersey.

Last edited:
I went right off him as a result of the events surrounding his departure and his subsequent comments .

This dislike was compounded last season when he joined the ever increasing number of goalkeepers whose first reaction to conceding a goal is to scream and shout at defenders , in an attempt to deflect attention from their own failings and absolve themselves from any blame in the matter .

Twats , the lot of ‘em and he’s one of the biggest .

He was told we'd sell him once a price was reached.

The price was reached, they went back on their word to sell him.

I don't blame him, can't make a player promises then fuck em over and not expect them to bitch about it.

It would be good to know why we changed our mind to sell him. I can see that he would have been frustrated at that, but ultimately he was contracted to the club and I don't think it excuses him downing tools like a mardy arse, and then bragging about it.

We can disagree though.

It would be good to know why we changed our mind to sell him. I can see that he would have been frustrated at that, but ultimately he was contracted to the club and I don't think it excuses him downing tools like a mardy arse, and then bragging about it.

We can disagree though.
The only thing I disagreed with was him acting the big lad about it on Ben Fosters podcast... but then again that's what lads do innit, try act clever.

He comes across as a proper arrogant fucker.
Pleased to see Arsenal sign Raya.
Living down south I've a lot of mates who are arsenal season ticket holders, they can't wait for him to be replaced

Living down south I've a lot of mates who are arsenal season ticket holders, they can't wait for him to be replaced

I never rated him. Huge reason we went down.

I didn't think he was as good as everyone made out even in the second half of that season.
We got a fair price for him given English tax etc. and I was happy to see the back of him.

He wrote a decent article which is gaining a lot of traction...and I know it's not the main point of the article, but I genuinely think he hates us now. Zero credit given.

View attachment 166858

Not sure how he could have covered giving credit to United in an article predominantly about his wife miscarrying, his brother being gay, and how the online reaction to him being signed for Arsenal made him feel. We're water under the bridge

View attachment 166858

Honestly think it's a bit of a reach to say he hates us based on one line in what was otherwise a decent piece. Think he comes across quite well in it myself.

View attachment 166858

I think you’ve misinterpreted that sentence. I read it as self-deprecating, suggesting he was lucky to get the chance and didn’t feel he’d earnt it.

Great Tifo YouTube video comparing him and based on "stats" he's a very average keeper by premier league standards. Expect Raya to be arsenals new #1 and Ramsdale to start bitching and moaning by January

I don’t feel strongly about Ramsdale one way or the other.

Although I always taught to be reserved about personal matters such as what hes said in the players tribune yesterday, I just don’t understand why you’d ever want to open up about that. Surely it’s a family matter?

Back
Top Bottom