Questions for Silent thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But do you lip read? Could we get a signer?
Lipreading involves a lot of guesswork. I need to be familiar to the speaker's lip patterns. Getting a qualified BSL interpreter costs too much and sometimes they dont turn up especially in a pandemic. Another problem is that it takes time for a person to understand my speech.

Thank you for your suggestions and ideas but I think it would be too difficult for both sides.

Lipreading involves a lot of guesswork. I need to be familiar to the speaker's lip patterns. Getting a qualified BSL interpreter costs too much and sometimes they dont turn up especially in a pandemic. Another problem is that it takes time for a person to understand my speech.

Thank you for your suggestions and ideas but I think it would be too difficult for both sides.

Fair shout.

Technology needs to catch up I think.

I think that the current environment of blogging and internet work doesn't half leave a lot of people out n the cold.

What about speech to text translators? I know they aren't perfect, but TikTok has some way ahead and makes it better (if far from perfect) for hearing impaired people

It will happen one day, Silent. All we need is a deaf or blind Prime Minister. I know we seemingly have one at the moment, but that's just stupidity.

pommpey

It didn't stop Forest digging the knife in...

Sorry, I'll leave..............

What about speech to text translators? I know they aren't perfect, but TikTok has some way ahead and makes it better (if far from perfect) for hearing impaired people
Captions work better for someone talking to me (yes not 100% and it doesnt really work when there is cross talking) and I use microsoft teams for work team meetings during the pandemic but microsoft teams dont understand my speech (sometimes I have a laugh with my workmates when a strange word or two is on the captions as it is trying to understand my speech) and I have to type in what I am trying to say which slows down the meeting

This bloke is a genius (he has some close lieutenants in Hodgysbrokenthumb , Champaignblade etc)

But i thought we could have a doctors surgery of questions for the Silent ...

My first question is

Why the hell are Arsenal wearing white shirts with no names or numbers ...?
Don't forget Revolution too.

My suggestion YorkBlade would be to get Silent Blade and Revolution on and have a quiz on all things Blades. You could have written questions on cards and hold them up to the screen for Silent!

The Leeds one defeated my careless eye -I read Fr (Friendly) as FL (Football League). Presumably that Saturday was a 4th Round Cup day; I wonder why we arranged a friendly against Leeds. To tempt Leeds to buy Sabella, perhaps?
That Gillingham game in 1979.
Was Gerry Summers the Gills manager, and was he giving it big to the press regarding how they'd win, and did United win 4 0??I know Summers Summers what's the score, rang around the High Storrs corridors all week after that.

Well yeah…but I was thinking more of a crab stick 😂

There may be some potential in that .

George’s song was clearly an innocent one about an item of confectionary and the fact that it rhymed with cock was pure coincidence . Anyone who interprets the lyrics “ It might get sticky but I never complain - It’s nice to have a nibble at it now and again “ in any way other than they were intended must have a filthy mind . 🤣 🤣

By the same token , the fact that your suggestion happens to rhyme with the words prick and lick should not deter you from composing an equally jolly song ....... :)

Back
Top Bottom