Questions for Silent thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

YorkBlade . The 4 others are Hull (a) in Sept 1979, Blackpool (a) in Oct 1979, Gillingham (h) in Nov 1979 and Plymouth (h) in Dec 1979. Also scored against Leeds (h) in a friendly in Jan 1980 and the County Cup final at Wendy in May 1980. Didnt see him score during the 1979-80 season also the goal at Sunderland. I remember the goals against Preston and Notts County well
You are an Officer and a Gentleman Silent Blade

Eddie Col (I’ll not try to spell his surname or I’ll be in another thread again) scored a last minute equaliser at the cop end . It was peeing it down and dark - can’t remember if it was against Brum or Blackburn

Photos pls

Eddie Col (I’ll not try to spell his surname or I’ll be in another thread again) scored a last minute equaliser at the cop end . It was peeing it down and dark - can’t remember if it was against Brum or Blackburn

Photos pls
Brum in Nov 1973?

YorkBlade . The 4 others are Hull (a) in Sept 1979, Blackpool (a) in Oct 1979, Gillingham (h) in Nov 1979 and Plymouth (h) in Dec 1979. Also scored against Leeds (h) in a friendly in Jan 1980 and the County Cup final at Wendy in May 1980. Didnt see him score during the 1979-80 season also the goal at Sunderland. I remember the goals against Preston and Notts County well
The Leeds one defeated my careless eye -I read Fr (Friendly) as FL (Football League). Presumably that Saturday was a 4th Round Cup day; I wonder why we arranged a friendly against Leeds. To tempt Leeds to buy Sabella, perhaps?

The Leeds one defeated my careless eye -I read Fr (Friendly) as FL (Football League). Presumably that Saturday was a 4th Round Cup day; I wonder why we arranged a friendly against Leeds. To tempt Leeds to buy Sabella, perhaps?
Let’s hope it works with Burke & Freeman

Quite possible

I remember it was raining stair rods and up popped EC in the last minute to head just under the bar at the Kop end
Think there is a photo of Eddie celebrating and Gary Sprake looking glum. Will look

Yes it was a 4th round weekend. Leeds had two Peruvians on trial. It was normal in these days for friendlies being played on 4th round weekends. I remember seeing us lose to a Tom Fenoughty goal in Jan 1971 (Hodgy's last 1st team appearance)

No, I am profoundly deaf

But do you lip read? Could we get a signer?

Serious statement, by the way. Be pretty good to have a 'Classic Match From Yesteryear' monthly spot.

Plus the fact, people need to make room for other people's challenges. Your output on here has enough of a following.

pommpey

Serious statement, by the way. Be pretty good to have a 'Classic Match From Yesteryear' monthly spot.

Plus the fact, people need to make room for other people's challenges. Your output on here has enough of a following.

pommpey
Exactly

Spot on

pommpey
ok I know I'm dyslexic, but I thought you were a singer?

Back
Top Bottom