Questions for Silent thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bell4

Reaction score
This bloke is a genius (he has some close lieutenants in Hodgysbrokenthumb , Champaignblade etc)

But i thought we could have a doctors surgery of questions for the Silent ...

My first question is

Why the hell are Arsenal wearing white shirts with no names or numbers ...?

This bloke is a genius (he has some close lieutenants in Hodgysbrokenthumb , Champaignblade etc)

But i thought we could have a doctors surgery of questions for the Silent ...

My first question is

Why the hell are Arsenal wearing white shirts with no names or numbers ...?
Far be it from me to jump in - it’s an anti-knife crime initiative taking the red out of their kit to make a statement about the number of stabbings/killings in London.

It's part of the "no red" campaign to fight knife crime in London. They do look like a pub team though. 😄

They could have put black numbers on the shirt or some colour. If your eyesight is poor or you are colourblind it’s difficult to see the player numbers.

I have a question that was sent to me from a chap in Argentina:

"I'm searching all the goals from Alex Sabella when he was playing at Sheffield United. I know that he made 8, but i mean who are the teams against he scored?"

Any help I can offer this bloke greatly appreciated.

Has a Sheffield United player ever received a straight red card after already receiving a yellow card in the same game?

Far be it from me to jump in - it’s an anti-knife crime initiative taking the red out of their kit to make a statement about the number of stabbings/killings in London.
Obviously the FA don’t support the initiative as they’re lovely red logo is on the sleeve.

"I'm searching all the goals from Alex Sabella when he was playing at Sheffield United. I know that he made 8, but i mean who are the teams against he scored?"

Preston (a) in August 1978
Notts County (h) in April 1979 also Sunderland (a)

Remember him scoring in home game against Exeter in Sept 1979, I wasnt at the match, just that I remember coming home very late from a cricket match in Chester (about 2am), my dad had left the Green Un on the settee downstairs expecting me to have a quick look at it before going to bed. The first thing I saw was the photo of Sabella lying flat on the pitch being congratulated by his team mates after scoring a goal.

As for the 4 other goals, I do not remember cos I was a Lane part timer between 1979 and 1987 due to playing football on Saturdays. Unless someone has already answered, I will have a look in the bible

According to Denis Clarebrough, The First 100 Years, he scored league goals against 9 clubs: Preston, Notts C, Sunderland, Exeter, Hull, Blackpool, Gillingham, Plymouth and Leeds. He also scored in the County Cup against Doncaster and Wednesday. In future ask Roberto to do his own research.🤣

Remember him scoring in home game against Exeter in Sept 1979, I wasnt at the match, just that I remember coming home very late from a cricket match in Chester (about 2am), my dad had left the Green Un on the settee downstairs expecting me to have a quick look at it before going to bed. The first thing I saw was the photo of Sabella lying flat on the pitch being congratulated by his team mates after scoring a goal.

As for the 4 other goals, I do not remember cos I was a Lane part timer between 1979 and 1987 due to playing football on Saturdays. Unless someone has already answered, I will have a look in the bible
Do his goals come after the walking on water bit and before the turning water into wine part?

Thank you - if anyone gets it slightly wrong Silent will correct - these are developing ground rules .

That should be a cake walk - we also need exact times of each goal , weather conditions and who was at number one in the hit parade (cant believe a just said hit parade)

YorkBlade . The 4 others are Hull (a) in Sept 1979, Blackpool (a) in Oct 1979, Gillingham (h) in Nov 1979 and Plymouth (h) in Dec 1979. Also scored against Leeds (h) in a friendly in Jan 1980 and the County Cup final at Wendy in May 1980. Didnt see him score during the 1979-80 season also the goal at Sunderland. I remember the goals against Preston and Notts County well

If thats the case then Utd should wear Brown shirts due to the absolute Shite Wilder signings

Arsenal’s own songs coming to haunt them. Play in white, play like shite (spurs dig, obviously)

His last goal came against the pigs in 1980 in the Sheffield and hallam cup final

Back
Top Bottom