Questions for Nigel Adkins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If the guy is as good has his record, things will change for the better, it's only a matter of time.......:)

Think we ought to ditch the greasy-chip butty song for the Queen one.

'We want it all, we want it all, we want it all, and WE WANT IT NOW ' !!!!

I'm not sure if taking over half a decade to escape the third division really qualifies as "want it now" :D

UTB

The great thing about the boards is if we win the next ten games on the trot Adkins will be the best thing since slice bread......;)

The great thing about the boards is if we win the next ten games on the trot Adkins will be the best thing since slice bread......;)
Not quite.

I remember a certain few posters refused to get giddy when we were in the top two and most took it upon themselves to shout down the necks of anyone that dared suggest we recruit more and better players, preferably in the defence and midfield positions.

If the guy is as good has his record, things will change for the better, it's only a matter of time.......:)

Given we haven't won a major honour since 1925 and only spent 5 seasons in the top flight in around the last 40 years.... when exactly should we have it?

My question would be,What is/has Lee Turnbull been doing exactly?
He allegedly has good contacts at home and abroad but we have only signed Hammond while he's been here haven't we?

My question would be,What is/has Lee Turnbull been doing exactly?
He allegedly has good contacts at home and abroad but we have only signed Hammond while he's been here haven't we?

Maybe we'll see in January and the summer. I think he's supposed to have been looking at targets in Holland and Scandinavia so I suppose we'll see if that bears any fruit.

Given we haven't won a major honour since 1925 and only spent 5 seasons in the top flight in around the last 40 years.... when exactly should we have it?

Exactly. It would be easy to settle down into continued mediocrity. Meanwhile Wigan and Coventry will be putting their stints in the Third Division behind them next May and we'll still be stuck here. Far from being 'impatient', just how long do they expect us to accept this?

My question before a ball was kicked in anger would have been why he hadn't addressed the centre back, goalkeeper and centre midfield as priorities, and after 17 games and 26 points down the pan I'm still asking the same questions. If I am allowed another question, it would be what areas he feels have improved under his stewardship, personally I believe this is the one thing that is causing frustration among so many supporters, speaking for myself I am struggling to identify any,

Personally I thought Campbell-Ryce was causing them problems until the final whistle. And I'd rather an out of sorts Adams on the pitch than Sammon, as I think he's a much more clinical finisher.
But I agree that Adkins should have been a bit bolder with his subs. I would have taken Hammond off and put Done out wide, to give us two proper wing threats, with Baxter moving into the middle.
Overall it wasn't a bad performance,certainly better than the sluggish display against Worcester. However, it looked as though Southend settled for a point at half-time. Could have been much different if they started the second half like they did the first.

However, at the time we were booting the ball up to a Che Adams who didn't have the energy to jump. Sammon would have offered his strength and height in exchange fora knackered Che Adams. Additionally JCR I felt was slowing down the game, was putting in poor balls, and is easy to defend against as he only has a right foot. Done offers the ability to run at a defence, knock it through and chase it, which was something that could have been useful against a frankly dodgy Southend defense

However, at the time we were booting the ball up to a Che Adams who didn't have the energy to jump. Sammon would have offered his strength and height in exchange fora knackered Che Adams. Additionally JCR I felt was slowing down the game, was putting in poor balls, and is easy to defend against as he only has a right foot. Done offers the ability to run at a defence, knock it through and chase it, which was something that could have been useful against a frankly dodgy Southend defense

If Adams was knackered it must have been cos he was up late on his X Box, because it certainly wasn't due to his physical exertions on Saturday afternoon, but you're right, he should have took him off for Done, about ten minutes into the second half.

Back
Top Bottom