Questions for Nigel Adkins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why are you obsessed with saying I support them?

You aren't a pig are you?

Read my posts you blue and white wanker.

One thing I don't say is "..I sit behind the dug out and give Adkins stick...", then when a Blade calls you out you say "....ah, well I have sold my season ticket....", then the next thing is "....I have not sold it, but am selling it at the match today...", or some other fairy story. Sold your season ticket? You are a blue and white striped joke.

Read my posts you blue and white wanker.

One thing I don't say is "..I sit behind the dug out and give Adkins stick...", then when a Blade calls you out you say "....ah, well I have sold my season ticket....", then the next thing is "....I have not sold it, but am selling it at the match today...", or some other fairy story. Sold your season ticket? You are a blue and white striped joke.
That's actually hilarious. Why you mad?

And if you were actually paying any attention at all, I called that also weasel out - repetitively asking him to provide me with details of a place to meet in my inbox, and he never did, quite conveniently backing off with a predictable "Fucking pigs" get-out clause. Read the thread back, you're making a muppet of yourself.

Adkins needs to go.

I'm just sad I won't be there to give him a piece of my mind from the stands.

It was one of the only things I looked forward to.

If you honestly think he's to blame for what's going on (and has been for some time) then you really have no clue whatsoever.

Where did he get the figure of 20,000 from?

What was the significance of the floodlights being on creating a good atmosphere?

Why did the bloke behind me have chips and peas instead of his usual pie?

Why did we have a minutes silence for the Paris attack but not for the Russian plane where twice as many were killed including children?

When do you think we will win our next match? And for an accumulator name two matches we will win before the January window closes.

And if you were actually paying any attention at all, I called that also weasel out - repetitively asking him to provide me with details of a place to meet in my inbox, and he never did, quite conveniently backing off with a predictable "Fucking pigs" get-out clause. Read the thread back, you're making a muppet of yourself.
Called me out? :D

You really are sticking with this one aren't you.

My inbox is available, and I will gladly oblige. As I said earlier, if you want something to happen, the onus is on you.

UTB

Well I like Adkins and if he can't sort it I'd like to know who can...
Saturdays game we were just not getting the luck and it seemed like every loose ball fell for them.....

Called me out? :D

You really are sticking with this one aren't you.

My inbox is available, and I will gladly oblige. As I said earlier, if you want something to happen, the onus is on you.

UTB
Why should it be on me when you're the one making the remarks on here you supposedly don't have a problem with repeating in real life. Surely it's on your head to make that happen, you're brave enough on here..

1) what's your thinking with coutts and Hammond side by side in centre mid ?
2) ditto Baxter as a wide player ?
3) why change 10 players from Tuesday - I know we lost but don't we need to be trying to settle things down and at least have 4or 5 dead cert names in every team ?
4) why only 1 sub used today? I like che Adams but I would score him about 5 out of 10 today . Again yes we were in the ascendancy second half but he was so poor today he should have been changed
5) which players can you honestly say would score more than 7 out of ten today ?
6) what do you expect billy sharp to do when for the most part he has his back to goal 40 yards out trying to control either high balls or fast knee high balls ( eh oh he did his best with)
7) what's our style ?? What type of team are we and what's our formation
8) what's Kieron Wallace done wrong or is he injured ?
9) what's 6 or 7 minutes going to do for james Wallace ???

These are questions I would genuinely like to have him answer - I still back him and think ultimately he will be a good appointment I just don't understand what's behind the thinking .

I could go on ... There's so much wrong with the club at the moment unless our objective is mid table in which case we are right on track.

I'll have a go on behalf of the manager:

1) In earlier games we were giving the ball away cheaply and not establishing control of the game. We were also exposing the back 5 every hand and turn. Coutts and Hammond will hold their positions and plug the big gaps in central midfield. When we have the ball they will retain possession while working the ball forward so that possession is transferred to the front 4 higher upfield and in more dangerous situations.

2) Done has not got his head right at present and needs to apply himself in whichever position he is picked. As a result Ryce gets the nod along with Baxter. Ryce is predominantly a wide player so Baxter has licence to roam if his full back pushes on to cover the wide left area. I am keen to give Adams every encouragement although young players always blow hot and cold. I suppose Done thinks he should be first choice striker but Sharp has that privilege and I have to say it is a dilemna because Sammon hasn't done a lot wrong really.

3) Daft question. JPT has it's place and purpose to give various players some game time and rest others.

4) See 2 re Done. To be right we expected and deserved one of those chances to go in and then we woud have had a hatful with those already on the field. If I had taken Adams off there would have been an uproar as we needed a goal and he is our second top scorer. I do take the point though and it would always be raised when we didn't manage to get the winner. You will appreciate that usually I am not slow to ring the changes or change the formation in an attempt to win a game.

5) Maybe 5 scored 7 but only a couple "more than" but we only drew so that's obvious.

6) That's not the plan

7) Solidity, possession, control and progressive football. 4-2-3-1 essentially but we change as the game develops.

8) Kieran is a development player and is pausing while Harris gains game time and stakes his own claim as first choice. I have not had much opportunity to assess Harris but have heard good things about him. At the moment he needs the game time.

9) It's all he can cope with frankly. We'll go softly, softly and keep our fingers crossed.

Why should it be on me when you're the one making the remarks on here you supposedly don't have a problem with repeating in real life. Surely it's on your head to make that happen, you're brave enough on here..
PM'd you.

Last edited:
Bit disappointed with the answer to question 6, feel it needs a bit more meat on the bones, in my opinion.

This guy isn't Weir, he has the pedigree so lets just give him a chance to do what needs doing.
I think he will prove his worth in the long run but in the mean time were just going to have to be patient.

Bit disappointed with the answer to question 6, feel it needs a bit more meat on the bones, in my opinion.

That's not the plan which is to bring Sharp into the game exclusively in the final third where he is at his best.

Unfortunately games do not always go to plan and players take an easy or the only option which is a hopeful high ball up front - each of those is a failure and a lack of the control of the ball which we should be achieving with this formation and these experienced players. Pass, move, pass, move, mostly forward, get to the final third and play a ball to Adams or Sharp to feet in a good position around their penalty area where they can do damage and at a time when other players have managed to get up there to support them in the area.

Done should have come on for Campbell ryce and Sammon for Adams, as they were both seriously tiring. Not using all the subs was the biggest reading for our failure

His reply would be a positive like:

"Didn't we do well to get back into the game"

"Didn't long distribute well"

"Didn't basham do well"

"OmG aren't I a genius"

I think he has called you out.....

I think he has called you out.....
harry-hill-fight-ap-wdc5.jpg

Done should have come on for Campbell ryce and Sammon for Adams, as they were both seriously tiring. Not using all the subs was the biggest reading for our failure

Personally I thought Campbell-Ryce was causing them problems until the final whistle. And I'd rather an out of sorts Adams on the pitch than Sammon, as I think he's a much more clinical finisher.
But I agree that Adkins should have been a bit bolder with his subs. I would have taken Hammond off and put Done out wide, to give us two proper wing threats, with Baxter moving into the middle.
Overall it wasn't a bad performance,certainly better than the sluggish display against Worcester. However, it looked as though Southend settled for a point at half-time. Could have been much different if they started the second half like they did the first.

I personally think Adkins should drop Adams, he lumbers about occasionally breaking into a sprint, rarely shows for the ball and when he received it today was incapable of keeping it at his feet. I think he's beginning to believe his own press cuttings and needs bringing back to earth. I can't believe the kid, plucked from non league obscurity and being given the opportunity he's been given. He should never stand still, his marker shouldn't know where he's going next, he should be walking off the pitch absolutely exhausted and if he did, he might just get somewhere near being as good as he thinks he is. :(

And he can sit Dean Hammond next to him an'all, cos he isn't good enough by a long way and if that is who Adkins thinks is the answer, its God help us. I know one thing for sure, on the basis of what I've seen of Adkins judgement, he wouldn't be getting anywhere near my cheque book in January.

"I thought we kept the ball well, wet pitch, floodlights on, 20,000 crowd at Bramall Lane..........." Fuckoff Nigel you're our manager, not the fucking poet laureate. Just sort the team out, eh! :mad:

It's all hot air.

My question for Adkins would be "in light of the poor quality of the squad you'd inherited, why have you squandered money on yet more poor quality players?"

Woolford is hopeless
Edgar has lost it after a good start
Sharp has reverted to his can't hit a barn door Blades form of old
Sammon can't hit the barn
Hammond is an expensive replicant of the rest of our non creative central midfield

What the hell are you doing?

My question is, have you applied for the Fulham job?

My question for Adkins would be "in light of the poor quality of the squad you'd inherited, why have you squandered money on yet more poor quality players?"

Woolford is hopeless
Edgar has lost it after a good start
Sharp has reverted to his can't hit a barn door Blades form of old
Sammon can't hit the barn
Hammond is an expensive replicant of the rest of our non creative central midfield

What the hell are you doing?
I think we should give Edgar more time. He started well and faded over a few matches. I wouldn't write him off yet.

Sharp is probably not as good as we'd hoped, but I think will be more than good enough in a confident, in form team.

Sammon does some things ok. I'd be happy if he was cheap, but I doubt he is.

Woodford is a miss.

Hammond is so far off that there must be more to come, surely. Otherwise, let's hope we have the opportunity to send him back at Christmas.

There's little doubt that, for all my criticism of the squad (which I stand by) , they are all further underperforning because of confidence issues.

UTB

Second half, perhaps...how many times did Baxter give the ball away first half? Often attempting a 'worldy' pass...

Some people are just never happy with young Jose. He set up a goal and scored one in the first half remember. And those worldy passes were when nothing was on or something was on that didn't quite come off and were a lot better than anyone on either side played.

He was a breath of fresh air in a game of very low quality I thought.

Some people are just never happy with young Jose. He set up a goal and scored one in the first half remember. And those worldy passes were when nothing was on or something was on that didn't quite come off and were a lot better than anyone on either side played.

I agree, I'm a fan of Baxter, and generally when he's on the ball he's one of our better players.
However, like most of the rest of them first half, his passing was off and he lost possession a lot trying to overplay IMO...whether it was concentration or the condition's it just didn't work for him, it looked bad and kept us under the josh.

Second half his passing was much better and he played some good cross field balls...it's certainly frustrating...

I agree, I'm a fan of Baxter, and generally when he's on the ball he's one of our better players.
However, like most of the rest of them first half, his passing was off and he lost possession a lot trying to overplay IMO...whether it was concentration or the condition's it just didn't work for him, it looked bad and kept us under the josh.

Second half his passing was much better and he played some good cross field balls...it's certainly frustrating...

Back
Top Bottom