Questions for Nigel Adkins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GB10

Reaction score
1) what's your thinking with coutts and Hammond side by side in centre mid ?
2) ditto Baxter as a wide player ?
3) why change 10 players from Tuesday - I know we lost but don't we need to be trying to settle things down and at least have 4or 5 dead cert names in every team ?
4) why only 1 sub used today? I like che Adams but I would score him about 5 out of 10 today . Again yes we were in the ascendancy second half but he was so poor today he should have been changed
5) which players can you honestly say would score more than 7 out of ten today ?
6) what do you expect billy sharp to do when for the most part he has his back to goal 40 yards out trying to control either high balls or fast knee high balls ( eh oh he did his best with)
7) what's our style ?? What type of team are we and what's our formation
8) what's Kieron Wallace done wrong or is he injured ?
9) what's 6 or 7 minutes going to do for james Wallace ???

These are questions I would genuinely like to have him answer - I still back him and think ultimately he will be a good appointment I just don't understand what's behind the thinking .

I could go on ... There's so much wrong with the club at the moment unless our objective is mid table in which case we are right on track.

There are more questions after every match.

Subs: NA is Clough-esque with his pig-headeness re. subs. I agreed with swapping Coutts for Kennedy as, though he had a decent(ish) game, Coutts was tiring and Southend were strolling through our midfield at will. But chasing (?) a home win and leaving both Done and Sammon on the bench?

J C-R: He played him on the wrong fucking wing! He only has a right foot so all the defence needs to do is usher him to the (left-side) byline and the chance is gone.

I thought Sharp toiled manfully all on his own. Maybe introducing Done or Sammon as a strike partner in the second half with J C-R on the right wing to provide to service may have woreked?

Adkins needs to go.

I'm just sad I won't be there to give him a piece of my mind from the stands.

It was one of the only things I looked forward to.

still livid. you could have asked all 19000 fans today, what formation you would pick and which players play where, not one fucker would have put JCR on the left, Adams uptop and baxter on the right. He didn't even swap it about.

We just about have our strongest 11 out today, so please please please put players in their best positions.

still livid. you could have asked all 19000 fans today, what formation you would pick and which players play where, not one fucker would have put JCR on the left, Adams uptop and baxter on the right. He didn't even swap it about.

We just about have our strongest 11 out today, so please please please put players in their best positions.
We can play around with positions all season, the players aren't good enough.

UTB

To be fair Baxter and JCR were our best players along with Coutts. Adams doesn't have the brains to play up front ,Done should be up front with Adams on the left.

Adkins needs to go.

Phone him up or drop him an email...I'm sure he'll reply..alternately, pop up to Shirecliffe and have a word.

All the best,

Esablade.

Phone him up or drop him an email...I'm sure he'll reply..alternately, pop up to Shirecliffe and have a word.

All the best,

Esablade.
Is he Brian the nonblade or does he just copy everything that cunt says ?

To be fair Baxter and JCR were our best players along with Coutts. Adams doesn't have the brains to play up front ,Done should be up front with Adams on the left.

Second half, perhaps...how many times did Baxter give the ball away first half? Often attempting a 'worldy' pass...

Adkins needs to go.

I'm just sad I won't be there to give him a piece of my mind from the stands as I am actually a Sheffield Wednesday supporter.

I'm not sure what formation we played today unless it is a new one called "all over the place" Adkins needs to go out and get a left winger or Adam Hammil who seems to be the only one doing anything at Barnsley. We have tried Adams, Done, Sammon, Woolford, Baxter and now JCR as a replacement for Murphy and every one of them have messed up the teams balance. Woolford is the only one of them you could call a left sided player but he is wank. I thought Adams was very poor today how both he and Sharp stayed on for 90mins is a mystery to me, should have given Sammon and Done a try for the last 15mins

Why can't you change the formation during games?

How much do you regret your 'clean slate' treatment?

Why do you insist on saying nothing in every single interview?

Do you know much about football or are you just a physio and man manager?

Why is Che Adams playing ahead of Matty Done?

Why are you playing to a big man/short man partnership when we have a short man/shorter man strikeforce.

Do these players actually train? If so, at what exactly?

7) what's our style ?? What type of team are we and what's our formation
^^^
This un

Phipps said during that interview in the week that we're trying to develop some sort of ongoing "personality" as a side/club (via the so-called Technical Team), so that the "personality" persists (& runs throughout all levels of the club) despite managerial changes, etc. Sort of like Swansea have done, presumably.

I'll be damned if I know what this "personality" is though.

Adkins is a nice guy, & he's clearly into positivity & having the right attitudes (& he's got a very decent track record at this level), but he doesn't seem to do tactical sophistication at all.

Has the game left him behind over the past 3 or 4 years? The division's developed a lot since he was last here. Can we really get by now just by developing some sort of "feel-good factor"?

^^^
This un

Phipps said during that interview in the week that we're trying to develop some sort of ongoing "personality" as a side/club (via the so-called Technical Team), so that the "personality" persists (& runs throughout all levels of the club) despite managerial changes, etc. Sort of like Swansea have done, presumably.

I'll be damned if I know what this "personality" is though.

Adkins is a nice guy, & he's clearly into positivity & having the right attitudes (& he's got a very decent track record at this level), but he doesn't seem to do tactical sophistication at all.

Has the game left him behind over the past 3 or 4 years? The division's developed a lot since he was last here. Can we really get by now just by developing some sort of "feel-good factor"?

I think you raise a very good point here, and maybe as the game's progressed his methods have become outdated and less effective.

I personally think Adkins should drop Adams, he lumbers about occasionally breaking into a sprint, rarely shows for the ball and when he received it today was incapable of keeping it at his feet. I think he's beginning to believe his own press cuttings and needs bringing back to earth. I can't believe the kid, plucked from non league obscurity and being given the opportunity he's been given. He should never stand still, his marker shouldn't know where he's going next, he should be walking off the pitch absolutely exhausted and if he did, he might just get somewhere near being as good as he thinks he is. :(

And he can sit Dean Hammond next to him an'all, cos he isn't good enough by a long way and if that is who Adkins thinks is the answer, its God help us. I know one thing for sure, on the basis of what I've seen of Adkins judgement, he wouldn't be getting anywhere near my cheque book in January.

"I thought we kept the ball well, wet pitch, floodlights on, 20,000 crowd at Bramall Lane..........." Fuckoff Nigel you're our manager, not the fucking poet laureate. Just sort the team out, eh! :mad:

Last edited:
Adkins needs to go.

Surely he would never be able to hear you, what with him being at BDTBL and you being at Swillsborough?

Include another in that figure. I sit behind the referees assessors and always leave them to do their job (there are enough arseholes in their ear, the type who are always shouting 'Refereeee!!!') Anyway, at halftime the one yesterday - a nice guy from Newcastle - indicated that he wanted a chat and it was interesting that an obviously-knowledgable bloke could easily pinpoint what we all know. In fact he was pretty scathing about United. He particularly had noticed our behaviour at throw-ins where only one player actually 'shows' and wants the ball. We agreed this showed a lack of confidence among the players and poor tactical nous - both on and off the pitch. Plenty more was said, but I'll leave it as I wouldn't want to cause him any trouble. But...

We can play around with positions all season, the players aren't good enough.

UTB

...we both agreed that - in general - the players do the best that they are capable of. If they're not good enough, if they're not trying/motivated, if the tactics are putting them in the wrong positions/areas the fault lies squarely with the 'coaching staff'.

...and finally, me and the assessor agreed that the third tier has changed enormously. It's probably the 'trickle-down' factor of the money coming into the game and creating a glut of highly effective players who can't all get a game at a higher level but are excellent at a lower level (Armstrong at Coventry, Forestieri at the pigs). There are no 'pub teams' at this level, nor 'easy games'.

NA probably struck lucky at Southampton with an exceptional group of players but had gone as far as he coud with them (hence his seemingly-harsh dismissal). He was bombed out at Reading and now we're stuck with him.

He's probably a nice guy, but so am I. Doesn't make me a decent football manager, though.

Last edited:
Interesting you pick up on players not showing for throwing's. Both Coutts and Hammond hid when it came to showing for a throwing. Hammond more than Coutts, but when people tell me they had a good game, they just need to look at that. Sharp ended up coming back and dropping in.

Interesting you pick up on players not showing for throwing's. Both Coutts and Hammond hid when it came to showing for a throwing. Hammond more than Coutts, but when people tell me they had a good game, they just need to look at that. Sharp ended up coming back and dropping in.

Completely agree with that. Nobody seemed to want to take the responsibility to make themselves available, with Coutts and Hammond the regular culprits at throw-ins.

Yeah it seems to be a thing with managers here, playing people out of postions. Partly that comes because we have sold the natural player, or never replaced the natural player.

Adkins needs to go.

Broken record time again. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You won't be missed,

I'd hang on to every last piece of your mind if I were you. as from what I've seen on here, you haven't got a lot.

ISC

Some funny comments on here like

"Adkins has a decent record in league 1", what an understatement surely he has a fantastic record, one of the best in the whole league.

"Adkins was bombed out at Reading".
There was new owners who wanted to make their mark and even Pep Guardiola would have been bombed out.

Apparently "the game in league 1 has changed so much" in the last 5 years and NA has lost touch and doesnt know the game.

But then you get suggestions for Neil Warnock who hasnt managed in the 3rd for decades ha ha.

Think we have to show bottle and keep our faith in Adkins and give him a full year minimum. At the beginning of the season I didn't want the dreaded play-offs but now I'd take it if offered.

Good questions from the OP though. Would love to give NA a truth serum and for him to cut the bull and explain exactly what's happening with his ideas and intentions.

For example in his mind he might be shocked at Hammonds loss of form but can't drop him because the club are paying massive wages, so he's hoping he comes good. That might be the truth but he's hardly going to admit it.

Last edited:
Why are you obsessed with saying I support them?

You aren't a pig are you?

That thing is whereas most of us are angry and frustrated about our situation and some of us even the manger you give the impression of revelling in it.

That thing is whereas most of us are angry and frustrated about our situation and some of us even the manger you give the impression of revelling in it.
No, it's just it's that predictable it's hard to get angry.

Back
Top Bottom