Question for the Board

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Now in the last couple of weeks of the transfer window and not one single player signed in this calendar year (one and three quarter windows). There are many rumours of signings but so far just smoke and mirrors rather than bodies through the door. Having got Slav in, isn't it time to back him?

January window didn't matter, I wouldn't have signed anyone either, we were dead and buried, and who would've signed considering we were dead and buried?

This window is slow as balls, hopefully Vieira and Davies are here today or tomorrow, but I think it was always going to be this way if our aim was to keep our expensive players we bought in the Prem and add loans. Loanee doesn't hold the cards, totally at the mercy of the parent club.

Depends what they told him when he accepted the job. If it was “generate your own transfer budget with sales” then he needs to flog the saleable assets and rebuild. If he was promised money to spend then they need to get spending.

January window didn't matter, I wouldn't have signed anyone either, we were dead and buried, and who would've signed considering we were dead and buried?

This window is slow as balls, hopefully Vieira and Davies are here today or tomorrow, but I think it was always going to be this way if our aim was to keep our expensive players we bought in the Prem and add loans. Loanee doesn't hold the cards, totally at the mercy of the parent club.
Your wasting your time, the same people complaining about a lack of signings are ignoring no one has left, if players has been sold they would be complaining it was better to keep them and not sign anyone

Fairly obvious the the club has no money until some leave no one will be coming in. Holes in the roof signings always coming tomorrow etc all points to the club being broke.
If the club had no money, they would have accepted the first bid they got for Ramsdale, and or been actively touting Ramsdale, Berge and anyone,everyone else for sale not to mention, refusing Kean Bryan a new contract, oh and flogging Coulibaly

Now in the last couple of weeks of the transfer window and not one single player signed in this calendar year (one and three quarter windows). There are many rumours of signings but so far just smoke and mirrors rather than bodies through the door. Having got Slav in, isn't it time to back him?
We are clearly targeting top loan targets and if we secure Davies that would be proven out. It was also clear we would be looking to the loan market, unless we had a mass exodus and the top players in that market will always run to the end of the window, once the alternate options are clear.

What were you expecting, and who should we have secured who's gone elsewhere?

I have a feeling the board will make a lot of our fans look really stupid by the end of this window, some more stupid than they already are. 😁
What surprises me, and I could be very wrong, but I suspect all these moaning about a lack of action, are old enough to remember life before the Internet, when a story about United by Tony Pritchett happened about twice a week, because the inane dribble and rumour mongering that's grown due to social media and players agents, simply didn't happen, deals were done, without endless speculation, rumour or leak

There seems to be a distinct lack of urgency in our transfer dealings. Neither of the apparent new signings will be match fit and the games are ticking on. Points lost at the start of the season could easily be the difference between promotion or not.

As I understand it, SJ doesn't get involved in transfers so why wasn't this process started in May?

There seems to be a distinct lack of urgency in our transfer dealings. Neither of the apparent new signings will be match fit and the games are ticking on. Points lost at the start of the season could easily be the difference between promotion or not.

As I understand it, SJ doesn't get involved in transfers so why wasn't this process started in May?
Viera has been injured, Davies subject to Liverpools yes, no, don't know, yes approach that Brewster was subjected to . Thing is we could have signed a couple of non league players before the season started, but you would complain, your now complaining we are getting one from Liverpool and one from Sampdoria

Wouldn't it be nice to have Coulibaly-Berge-Vieira playing midfield on Wednesday............. imagine, no Nogood or Burke required......... heaven.

Have you ever bought a house? How did you cope about the distinct lack of urgency of the whole process, did you complain about the time it took for the survey, or the land registry search, or did you accept you had done everything you could, and no matter what you did, everything was up to the other side and out if your hands?

Would you rather us take a week or two longer to get the exact players that we want or would you rather us just sign anyone quickly, regardless of how good they are or how they fit into the team?

There’s some on here who would seemingly prefer the 2nd option.

Wouldn't it be nice to have Coulibaly-Berge-Vieira playing midfield on Wednesday............. imagine, no Nogood or Burke required......... heaven.
Yep makes perfect sense, 2 players you have never seen play, one that's not fit the other that's never played in the country, away at one of the favourites for promotion, what could possibly go wrong,,

Would you rather us take a week or two longer to get the exact players that we want or would you rather us just sign anyone quickly, regardless of how good they are or how they fit into the team?

There’s some on here who would seemingly prefer the 2nd option.

I'd rather not have already dropped 4 points already tbh. I can maybe understand Davies starting later (but it's a position which we've needed to fill for a year now) but Vieira? I'd rather get the best players possible in but if they're not here and match fit for the first 4-8 games then it could easily cost us.

We're not buying houses. We're renting houses. Most other clubs have bought their houses before we've rented ours.
Have you ever bought a house? How did you cope about the distinct lack of urgency of the whole process, did you complain about the time it took for the survey, or the land registry search, or did you accept you had done everything you could, and no matter what you did, everything was up to the other side and out if your hands?

What surprises me, and I could be very wrong, but I suspect all these moaning about a lack of action, are old enough to remember life before the Internet, when a story about United by Tony Pritchett happened about twice a week, because the inane dribble and rumour mongering that's grown due to social media and players agents, simply didn't happen, deals were done, without endless speculation, rumour or leak
When the team ran out on Saturday and everyone said, "who's that?".

Or a Chris Morgan type ...
Actually that's who I was thinking of, but either one will do,
It's OK chasing after these fancy named primidone's but at the end of the day when the chips are down, somebody's got to hold the line.
We have one in Bash, but Bash is the kind of mate you'd want beside you, what they need is someone they would follow anywhere, or else....

Back
Top Bottom