Question for the Board

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes I forgot that bit over the tannoy, "in a change to the matchday program number eight is now X", and then everyone says "who's that?".
Let's not forget the use of the program to work out the halftime scores,, quick who is D? They are 4 nil up, what about G? As the guy wandered paste, hanging up the boards

You know this RWE, if so linky?
Can’t say source and not ITK all the time but do get little bits of info such as the Adidas deal etc and 2 have signed. Probably too late to be announced today so I presume it’s tomorrow.

Can’t say source and not ITK all the time but do get little bits of info such as the Adidas deal etc and 2 have signed. Probably too late to be announced today so I presume it’s tomorrow.
What positions are they RWE ?

Have you ever bought a house? How did you cope about the distinct lack of urgency of the whole process, did you complain about the time it took for the survey, or the land registry search, or did you accept you had done everything you could, and no matter what you did, everything was up to the other side and out if your hands?
Aaaarghhh!!! Don’t get me started! We’re going through that at the moment. It’s infinitely more stressful than wondering if Dem Blades are signing anyone today. Still, by the end of the month we’ll have moved up from deepest Kent to Buxton town centre…probably…possibly…

Aaaarghhh!!! Don’t get me started! We’re going through that at the moment. It’s infinitely more stressful than wondering if Dem Blades are signing anyone today. Still, by the end of the month we’ll have moved up from deepest Kent to Buxton town centre…probably…possibly…
Been a while since I moved, but God, the wheels seem to turn incredibly slowly, even when we know everything is being done for our benefit re surveys and land registry etc

We’re coming out of a pandemic which has affected most clubs.
No one in championship is spending money.
West Brom have only brought in 2 free transfers, neither of which would get improve our team. And have sold there best player.

If United would’ve sold Berge and Ramsdale in July, there would’ve been outrage.

I have a feeling the board will make a lot of our fans look really stupid by the end of this window, some more stupid than they already are. 😁

They will repair that training ground roof! 😁

I'd rather not have already dropped 4 points already tbh. I can maybe understand Davies starting later (but it's a position which we've needed to fill for a year now) but Vieira? I'd rather get the best players possible in but if they're not here and match fit for the first 4-8 games then it could easily cost us.

Doesn’t really answer the question does it. Are you under the impression that the club could have brought in their targets a few weeks ago but specifically decided not to? Your posts do seem to suggest that.

Yep makes perfect sense, 2 players you have never seen play, one that's not fit the other that's never played in the country, away at one of the favourites for promotion, what could possibly go wrong,,
And they would be worse than Nogood and Burke because???
I'm almost certain they'd be no worse what so ever.
And having seen Burke and Nogood play over the last few games and last season, I'm also almost certain, they would be better.

With Viera I read he was in quarantine as came from Italy and Ben Davies also would miss at least the first two games.

We all want to see transfer movement but it doesnt matter who the owner is or the Manager should know by now we dont do things like other clubs. Never have done and never will do. Its the old "it will be done when its done" frustrating yes but this season is going to be a long haul and I think the impatient were expecting us to be top of the table already with 2 wins. How they figured this out with the same players who for most are still mentally lacking in confidence and under performing I dont know. I dont think we will go down this year but I do think we will be lucky to get the play offs. Personally would much prefer we have at least 2 seasons in the Championship. This season for Slav to get "his team" right and next season to consolidate and launch a promotion campaign.

Yep makes perfect sense, 2 players you have never seen play, one that's not fit the other that's never played in the country, away at one of the favourites for promotion, what could possibly go wrong,,
Oh, and I have watched both play thanks.

And they would be worse than Nogood and Burke because???
I'm almost certain they'd be no worse what so ever.
And having seen Burke and Nogood play over the last few games and last season, I'm also almost certain, they would be better.
Because one is injured and one hasn't played in this country, both have zero knowledge of their team mates, tactics, or formation, with the same amount of knowledge regards who they will be lining up against.

Because one is injured and one hasn't played in this country, both have zero knowledge of their team mates, tactics, or formation, with the same amount of knowledge regards who they will be lining up against.
And they are different to Nogood and Burke in what way??
Incase you havent noticed, theyve both been pretty much as bad as possible so far.....

We’re coming out of a pandemic which has affected most clubs.
No one in championship is spending money.
West Brom have only brought in 2 free transfers, neither of which would get improve our team. And have sold there best player.

If United would’ve sold Berge and Ramsdale in July, there would’ve been outrage.
I’d argue mowatt improves us

And they are different to Nogood and Burke in what way??
Incase you havent noticed, theyve both been pretty much as bad as possible so far.....
Different in the respect that one is injured, do you understand that particular issue is likely to effect his game, the other is a young kid that has never been to the country and never played in a league the same standard as the championship. But I get your point, your not happy, breaking news, no one is, thing is most people have an ability to see both sides, accept that not everything you either want or expect, will happen just because you want it to.
Calling for Brunt or Jebbison, to replace Norwood and Burke could be called ambitious, wishful thinking or even perhaps desperate, demanding that a new signing that isn't match fit, a kid that's never played and ineligible as he is not in the squad, isn't desperate its insanity.

I don't think we've got any money and Ramsdales imminent sale will fund loans coming in.

I've never really known a championship team be relegated and keep hold of their full squad so I kind of get it. I worry about the board if we don't return to the premiership during our parachute payments. Can they fund a club that's losing money yearly?

January window didn't matter, I wouldn't have signed anyone either, we were dead and buried, and who would've signed considering we were dead and buried?

This window is slow as balls, hopefully Vieira and Davies are here today or tomorrow, but I think it was always going to be this way if our aim was to keep our expensive players we bought in the Prem and add loans. Loanee doesn't hold the cards, totally at the mercy of the parent club.
I’m slightly perplexed by the Viera signing, to be honest. I don’t profess to know much about him other than he’s a holding midfielder and has been injured a lot. Given our limited resources, I would have thought funds would be better channelled into bringing some width and creativity into the squad. Viera only seems to make sense if berge moves on.

Different in the respect that one is injured, do you understand that particular issue is likely to effect his game, the other is a young kid that has never been to the country and never played in a league the same standard as the championship. But I get your point, your not happy, breaking news, no one is, thing is most people have an ability to see both sides, accept that not everything you either want or expect, will happen just because you want it to.
Calling for Brunt or Jebbison, to replace Norwood and Burke could be called ambitious, wishful thinking or even perhaps desperate, demanding that a new signing that isn't match fit, a kid that's never played and ineligible as he is not in the squad, isn't desperate its insanity.
I expect nothing to happen, neither have I said I want anything to happen. Also, if a player is injured, he wouldn't be put through a medical, and, if a professional footballer, that's someone who earns a living from playing football, cant move leagues, like I'm guessing, oh, let's say 60% of overseas players signed by British clubs, cant play football, or isnt capable of playing in another league, then surely nobody would sign foreign players would they??
I haven't demanded anything eather, and in none of my posts does this appear to be the case.
Oh, and look at the squad closely, Jebbo isnt in it, but eligible to play, and, intact, due to being a SHEFFIELD UNITED PLAYER, Coulibaly IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY.
Maybe learn the game before jumping to assumptions eh.
What your attempting to do, is, try and make your arguement, which is YOUR OPINION, not mine, the only one that counts, unfortunately though, it isnt.

I’m slightly perplexed by the Viera signing, to be honest. I don’t profess to know much about him other than he’s a holding midfielder and has been injured a lot. Given our limited resources, I would have thought funds would be better channelled into bringing some width and creativity into the squad. Viera only seems to make sense if berge moves on.

From what I've seen Vieira is a break it up and move it on type, with athleticism, so he'd be taking Norwood's position and getting us on the move quicker.

I expect nothing to happen, neither have I said I want anything to happen. Also, if a player is injured, he wouldn't be put through a medical, and, if a professional footballer, that's someone who earns a living from playing football, cant move leagues, like I'm guessing, oh, let's say 60% of overseas players signed by British clubs, cant play football, or isnt capable of playing in another league, then surely nobody would sign foreign players would they??
I haven't demanded anything eather, and in none of my posts does this appear to be the case.
Oh, and look at the squad closely, Jebbo isnt in it, but eligible to play, and, intact, due to being a SHEFFIELD UNITED PLAYER, Coulibaly IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY.
Maybe learn the game before jumping to assumptions eh.
What your attempting to do, is, try and make your arguement, which is YOUR OPINION, not mine, the only one that counts, unfortunately though, it isnt.
Viera had his loan spell disrupted by injuries, if he is over those injuries the medical will prove that, he may well be as fit as a butchers dog, but he isn't match fit, he hasn't trained with the squad, Coulibaly is not registered in the squad, he is contracted to the club.
Saying wouldn't it be great to see Coulibaly Berge Viera play at WBA is fine, so would adding Messi and Ronaldo to the team sheet, fine, its fantasy not reality.
Claiming that Viera and Coulibaly would offer more than Norwood and Burke at WBA is complete fantasy, literally no basis in fact that someone who is not match fit, and someone who is not available to play WILL offer more is stupidity

Viera had his loan spell disrupted by injuries, if he is over those injuries the medical will prove that, he may well be as fit as a butchers dog, but he isn't match fit, he hasn't trained with the squad, Coulibaly is not registered in the squad, he is contracted to the club.
Saying wouldn't it be great to see Coulibaly Berge Viera play at WBA is fine, so would adding Messi and Ronaldo to the team sheet, fine, its fantasy not reality.
Claiming that Viera and Coulibaly would offer more than Norwood and Burke at WBA is complete fantasy, literally no basis in fact that someone who is not match fit, and someone who is not available to play WILL offer more is stupidity
How do you know for sure, that should, and I know it wont happen, as there is absolutely no chance, Coulibaly and Vieira play, they would offer less than Nogood and Burke, who let's just add, offer hardly anything when they are match fit!??
And going onto things that shouldn't happen, what about playing a £23m striker at right back?, oh, and as your so hung up on match fitness, do we assume that the rush to get Davies in, is so he can sit in the stands for a few weeks, because he hasn't played at all last season, and cant be match fit, intact, he played less games than Vieira, fact.??

Fairly obvious the the club has no money until some leave no one will be coming in. Holes in the roof signings always coming tomorrow etc all points to the club being broke.
So where's the money gone? United World?

From what I've seen Vieira is a break it up and move it on type, with athleticism, so he'd be taking Norwood's position and getting us on the move quicker.
No he wont, hes riddled with injuries and I've been told hes nowhere near match fit, so obviously were just bringing him in to watch in training.........

Back
Top Bottom