Pundits aren’t that bad!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So you don't reckon what we did to Middlesborough 2nd half was a Plan B, taking Duffy off and bringing Madine on ? changed the game.

It's ok to have a Plan B, or a Plan C in the beautiful game :)

As Pinchy said, the problem is when plan B becomes plan A, which is the case for a small minority of our fans.

I agree. We are wonderful exponents of the right way to play this beautiful game.

However, I’m afraid we wrote the conventional, pre-prepared script for ourselves over many years.

There's no doubt that the image of Sheffield United has been fixed in the minds of many lazy commentators and journalists by the Bassett and Warnock eras.

It's notable, however, that our neighbours never seem to be tarred in the same way. Yet, aguably, that lot have a post-war history steeped in direct, attritional football, more than most clubs in the land.

Alan Brown's side in the mid-late 60's was big, athletic, disciplined and direct (at a time when we were always viewed as a 'footballing side'); Len Ashurst was a pioneer of the physical long-ball style in the 70's; Jack Charlton picked up where Ashurst left off with his anti-football; and Howard Wilkinson then took the route one approach to another level. Even in recent struggles, they turned to Sturrock's ale-house football and later Megson's thug-ball to get them moving in League 1. Dave Jones' appointment also worked so well, because a Megson-squad was perfectly suited to how Jones played.

Somehow, though, the same baggage doesn't attach to SWFC. 4 years of Ron Atkinson was seemingly enough to rehabilitate their reputation completely.

Perhaps a few more years of Wilder may go some way to changing perceptions about United.

Think you just like the attention personally

Attention seeking trolls are easy to spot. You can spot this troll for what it is. Their first point of call after a victory is usally to have a dig at the fans.

It’s the Plan B, Mixitup, Gerritinearly Brigade who should be embarrassed. Our manager thinks their views are noise and nonsense.
No he doesn,t, since december he,s had a plan B , he,s mixed it up and when needed he,s got the players to get it in early.Thats why we are in second and not dropping off the pace like last year. Or dont you go to matches ?

On Sky and Quest they used the phrase “textbook Sheffield United”.

I love it that we’ve got a recognised style that’s not hoof it.

No he doesn,t, since december he,s had a plan B , he,s mixed it up and when needed he,s got the players to get it in early.Thats why we are in second and not dropping off the pace like last year. Or dont you go to matches ?

Do I have to provide links to the CW and AK interviews yet again or do you want to quit while you are behind?

I’ve been to matches home and away for 55 years. I don’t take advice on football from novices.

Attention seeking trolls are easy to spot. You can spot this troll for what it is. Their first point of call after a victory is usally to have a dig at the fans.

This contributor, who only supports those of our players who he likes rather than getting behind the whole team, claims to have me on ‘ignore’. He never does.

What do you all think to that Keith (Andrews?) with the curly hair? The Irish fella who played for Blackburn. Seems to come across well and know his football?

There's no doubt that the image of Sheffield United has been fixed in the minds of many lazy commentators and journalists by the Bassett and Warnock eras.

It's notable, however, that our neighbours never seem to be tarred in the same way. Yet, aguably, that lot have a post-war history steeped in direct, attritional football, more than most clubs in the land.

Alan Brown's side in the mid-late 60's was big, athletic, disciplined and direct (at a time when we were always viewed as a 'footballing side'); Len Ashurst was a pioneer of the physical long-ball style in the 70's; Jack Charlton picked up where Ashurst left off with his anti-football; and Howard Wilkinson then took the route one approach to another level. Even in recent struggles, they turned to Sturrock's ale-house football and later Megson's thug-ball to get them moving in League 1. Dave Jones' appointment also worked so well, because a Megson-squad was perfectly suited to how Jones played.

Somehow, though, the same baggage doesn't attach to SWFC. 4 years of Ron Atkinson was seemingly enough to rehabilitate their reputation completely.

Perhaps a few more years of Wilder may go some way to changing perceptions about United.

Nothing before the Premier League counts and nothing counts after you’re relegated from it either. Contrary to popular belief, there are only twenty football teams in existence at any one time. And approx 14 of those teams, “you know what you’re going to get. Disciplined, physical hard workers”.

It is indeed mate, but most in S2 want B and C rather than A. I hear them every game. If proper football doesn’t have us in front within 20 minutes, the restless murmers begin. Then the primeval urge takes over...

View attachment 50121
It is unfortunately true, no matter where you go in the ground there’s always a few gerritforreds and gerritinbox’s
:confused:

It's notable, however, that our neighbours never seem to be tarred in the same way.
Think it's too do with the fact that football only started with the premier League :confused:

Back
Top Bottom