Pundits aren’t that bad!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TomHeffernan

Reaction score
It’s absolutely brilliant all round play from an exceptional, exceptional team. I have to say, brilliant. I would hate to be a full back facing this. Don Goodman

The perfect away performance. I absolutely love this, I’ve never heard of over lapping center halves.

Their energy, their work ethic to drive in to forward areas with no lack of quality. An outstanding team performance.

Chris Wilder, tactically, I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves. He’s been absolutely outstanding with the way he sets his team up in a very unique way.

For me at the moment they, and Norwich, look ominous. What I like about them is they seem to be growing as a side.

For me they’re right up there as one of the best teams in the league and I’ll be very surprised if they don’t make the top two.

They’re my favourites. I love the way they play and I’ll be absolutely delighted if they make it this year. Liam Rosenior

What a time to be a blade!!!

The beauty of this, is that these comments fly in the face of the conventional preprepared script that is often dolled out.

I’ve been saying for months we are the best side in the league, and it finally seems to be getting seen and acknowledged. The number of times we make the main game and are live says something as we are clearly providing entertainment to the neutral.

It really is in our hands, if we fail it will be of our own doing. This is the best United team I’ve seen by some distance, full of players I would have dreamed to have over the years, particularly in midfield. He’s done some job putting together this coaching team and building the squad he has.
Chris Wilder would have to be manager of the year if he gets us up automatically.

I'm not just saying this cos he's been nice to u, but Liam Rosenior so far has been an outstanding pundit.
He really is a great pundit.

What I find surprising is that he is the exception; I know how most Championship teams play, their best players and their recent history. If I were getting paid, I'd be ashamed to spout some of the rubbish most pundits come out with.

What a lot of punits say again and again is the old "overlapping centre backs "

We are so so much more than this

A mix of 'journeymen' and players from lower leagues playing together and giving 100% but also playing excellent free flowing football

some of the stuff we play is fantastic and if it was man city or Liverpool they would be wanking over it on match of the day again and again!

The beauty of this, is that these comments fly in the face of the conventional preprepared script that is often dolled out.

I’ve been saying for months we are the best side in the league, and it finally seems to be getting seen and acknowledged. The number of times we make the main game and are live says something as we are clearly providing entertainment to the neutral.

It really is in our hands, if we fail it will be of our own doing. This is the best United team I’ve seen by some distance, full of players I would have dreamed to have over the years, particularly in midfield. He’s done some job putting together this coaching team and building the squad he has.
Chris Wilder would have to be manager of the year if he gets us up automatically.

I guess we will know at the end of the season.

What I like, is the fact that we now have a decent bench. Bash on the bench, Cranie plays. Egan has to go off, Stearman comes on. Duffy doesn't play, Dowell scores. McG needs to come off, Madine comes on.

You play attractive football in the right way and you get compliments. It’s great to read and hear and makes me proud of our club, team and management. Such sentiments were (rightly) entirely absent in previous times.

I despise the Neanderthal, parochial inverted snobbery of “no-one likes; we don’t care”. I await the rage from S2...

You play attractive football in the right way and you get compliments. It’s great to read and hear and makes me proud of our club, team and management. Such sentiments were (rightly) entirely absent in previous times.

I despise the Neanderthal, parochial inverted snobbery of “no-one likes; we don’t care”. I await the rage from S2...
Fucking hell Pinchy, you don't half labour your point. Every time.

I agree. We are wonderful exponents of the right way to play this beautiful game.

However, I’m afraid we wrote the conventional, pre-prepared script for ourselves over many years.

I wonder what the neutral viewer must think when they see how we play?

We imposed ourselves on Albion, to the point where they were clueless about how to find a way through. At the end of this game it was almost an embarrassment to see their team of multi-million pound signings struggle against us.

Why any of our supporters doubt our ability to not simply cope, but to better teams who simply aren't at the races, is puzzling. We should have faith in our manager, rather than question his selections. And before a deluge appears questioning their right to criticise, by all means question Wilder's right to pick the team he feels can do a job, but please, don't be slow in praising and supporting him when we play this well.

We've got a superb squad, not just an 'ok' team, not just 'moderately decent', but superb. We're learning, sometimes with a blip, but our overall performances are worthy of appreciation and support.

He really is a great pundit.

What I find surprising is that he is the exception; I know how most Championship teams play, their best players and their recent history. If I were getting paid, I'd be ashamed to spout some of the rubbish most pundits come out with.

Exactly. Last night Keith Edwards said he 'sometimes' watches the highlights of Championship football. Its no wonder he sounds like a dinosaur, always asking for long balls.

It’s absolutely brilliant all round play from an exceptional, exceptional team. I have to say, brilliant. I would hate to be a full back facing this. Don Goodman

The perfect away performance. I absolutely love this, I’ve never heard of over lapping center halves.

Their energy, their work ethic to drive in to forward areas with no lack of quality. An outstanding team performance.

Chris Wilder, tactically, I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves. He’s been absolutely outstanding with the way he sets his team up in a very unique way.

For me at the moment they, and Norwich, look ominous. What I like about them is they seem to be growing as a side.

For me they’re right up there as one of the best teams in the league and I’ll be very surprised if they don’t make the top two.

They’re my favourites. I love the way they play and I’ll be absolutely delighted if they make it this year. Liam Rosenior

What a time to be a blade!!!
I read that entirely in the voice of Paul Whitehouse's "int milk brilliant " character from The Fast Show.

Rosenior Junior is definitely on my Christmas card list after that one. He’s more positive about the Blades than some of our own fans are!

We said this last night. Rosenior is certainly a fan of us (probably through the way we play). Very complimentary. I like him.

Remember his views on our manager before he came in ?
Think he'd be too embarrassed to pop his head up

Why would I be embarrassed to support this wonderful football team? I’m proud we are admired across the land, unlike the time when dinosaurs ruled the earth and kicked it long, hard and high.

It’s the Plan B, Mixitup, Gerritinearly Brigade who should be embarrassed. Our manager thinks their views are noise and nonsense.

Exactly. Last night Keith Edwards said he 'sometimes' watches the highlights of Championship football. Its no wonder he sounds like a dinosaur, always asking for long balls.

That perhaps explains why the idiot doesn’t know the names of half our players, often settling for “the lad”. Numpty. Sack him.

I'm not just saying this cos he's been nice to u, but Liam Rosenior so far has been an outstanding pundit.
I said that in the other ‘Pundits’ thread in the week. Different gravy?

Last night he just stopped himself short of saying we were his favourite team to watch, I don’t k is if anybody else heard it? He got ‘My fav...’ out then I think he thought better of it.

He’s a very knowledgeable guy though whichever team he’s commentind on.

I wonder what the neutral viewer must think when they see how we play?

We imposed ourselves on Albion, to the point where they were clueless about how to find a way through. At the end of this game it was almost an embarrassment to see their team of multi-million pound signings struggle against us.

Why any of our supporters doubt our ability to not simply cope, but to better teams who simply aren't at the races, is puzzling. We should have faith in our manager, rather than question his selections. And before a deluge appears questioning their right to criticise, by all means question Wilder's right to pick the team he feels can do a job, but please, don't be slow in praising and supporting him when we play this well.

We've got a superb squad, not just an 'ok' team, not just 'moderately decent', but superb. We're learning, sometimes with a blip, but our overall performances are worthy of appreciation and support.

Agreed mate. I don’t think this team success has just crept up unnoticed by most of the pundits and media, I think that it’s crept up on its own fan base to a degree. I personally knew we were doing well in latest form tables but I’d no idea we’ve been the form team since Christmas till Sky showed the stats.

The odd setback like only drawing at Villa seems to stay with some of our fan base far longer than the good results do, look at some of the negative pre match predictions yesterday, but in fact we’ve just been getting better and stronger. This team and manager seems to learn from its mistakes, not dwell on them.

Keith Edwards is a shit pundit.

Rarely knows anything about opposition players, often including their names.

It’s the Plan B, Mixitup, Gerritinearly Brigade who should be embarrassed. Our manager thinks their views are noise and nonsense.

So you don't reckon what we did to Middlesborough 2nd half was a Plan B, taking Duffy off and bringing Madine on ? changed the game.

It's ok to have a Plan B, or a Plan C in the beautiful game :)

So you don't reckon what we did to Middlesborough 2nd half was a Plan B, taking Duffy off and bringing Madine on ? changed the game.

It's ok to have a Plan B, or a Plan C in the beautiful game :)

It is indeed mate, but most in S2 want B and C rather than A. I hear them every game. If proper football doesn’t have us in front within 20 minutes, the restless murmers begin. Then the primeval urge takes over...

FCA1C240-C6EA-4468-92CC-64D6212C2D6B.jpeg

He has to, in order to remind us all that he is interlectually on a level above the rest of us.....

Back
Top Bottom