Programmes....three quid

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Watching the game on Sky last night, quite clearly heard ‘programmes three quid’ as the first half kicked off?

I thought, surely his dedication to the art of programme selling, doesn’t extend to that shit hole. Then I thought £3, for their programmes, not a chansiri, must be at least a fiver.

So what’s the explanation, I can only assume it was Sky adding a bit of previously recorded crowd noise.

At least it wasn’t over a minutes silence this time :eek:

You are def correct. Sky must have been using crowd noise from BDTBL - unless, perish the thought, 3 quid is moonlighting at the sty

So, you reckon ‘3 quid’s’ a double agent, Bert ? :eek:

Known in the trade as a Fifth Columnist. This has been talked about on here before and recently, he sells programmes at both grounds, but is a Blade.

I definitely saw him at Morecambe a few seasons ago and he wasn’t selling then, so that seemed to confirm his allegiance.

It always seems that you have to be a special breed to sell programmes. Always had my "go to" seller up the top of the steps on the Kop/John Street corner, felt bad if I didn't buy one off him, saw him walking up Manor Top a while ago, had to tell the Mrs that he was my programme seller, she didn't seem that interested. Not bought one in years, actually, I tell a lie, I picked up the special edition L1 Champions programme vs Chesterfield.

Watching the game on Sky last night, quite clearly heard ‘programmes three quid’ as the first half kicked off?

I thought, surely his dedication to the art of programme selling, doesn’t extend to that shit hole. Then I thought £3, for their programmes, not a chansiri, must be at least a fiver.

So what’s the explanation, I can only assume it was Sky adding a bit of previously recorded crowd noise.

At least it wasn’t over a minutes silence this time :eek:
It was definitely our man.
I heard it.

Known in the trade as a Fifth Columnist. This has been talked about on here before and recently, he sells programmes at both grounds, but is a Blade.

I definitely saw him at Morecambe a few seasons ago and he wasn’t selling then, so that seemed to confirm his allegiance.
Don't you mean you saw him with Eric Morecambe?

I was behind enemy lines in the home end on Monday and can confirm it was him. I was shocked - it was literally the first thing I said to my wife when I got home and she asked me how the game was!

Chuckling away here at the thought of us Blades fans excitedly telling our other halves "look, that bloke's me programme seller!" or "the programme seller at Wednesday is the same as the one at United!" and it seeming like such a great story to tell someone, only to realise no, no it's not and they are not interested in the slightest. :D

Chuckling away here at the thought of us Blades fans excitedly telling our other halves "look, that bloke's me programme seller!" or "the programme seller at Wednesday is the same as the one at United!" and it seeming like such a great story to tell someone, only to realise no, no it's not and they are not interested in the slightest. :D

I genuinely came onto the forum to post this as new information only to find someone had beaten me to it :)

Typical. Most talented programme seller we've had in years and here we are risking losing him to a local rival for what must be a pittance. Time to tie him down with a new contract or he'll be selling programmes for Leicester next season.

He does both.

I had the misfortune of having to entertain clients there in Carlos' first season and he was doing the rounds then

Back
Top Bottom