Prince's - Saudi TV interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Spot on mate. And wherever he ends up next there will be a DoF and/or someone in charge of transfers - so people who are outraged that we'd force that model onto him/the club need to look around and see it's 2021 not 1981...

And as you say £60m+ on strikers and we still look best when Sharp and McGoldrick play up top. Ultimately the lack of cohesion/playing style between us and Wilder's signings are what cost him his job. Berge, McBurnie, Brewster - all good players, but none really fit the way we play/played...
There's also a huge difference between operating on a £10m playing wage budget at League One level (including promotion bonuses) and a near £80m budget in the PL last season. It's fine for the manager to be making the decisions top to bottom at L1 level because, frankly, clubs can't afford the support structures but when we're in the Premier League he needs support.

The issues with the playing style annoy me too. Take Brewster and McBurnie. All the evidence suggests that both are penalty area finishers and if we were playing the sort of football which got us promoted to the top flight - ie work a chance for a striker to finish from 6-10 yards out - then they should be flourishing. As it is, we're playing 9 in our own half panicball and expecting the strikers to be challenging on the half way line more than finishing in the opposition's penalty area. You could argue it's the same with Berge. He's a £20m Paul Coutts but we're not giving him the shape which played so exactly to Coutts' strengths: passing options for the man on the ball and innovative runs designed to create overloads have been replaced by static defenders shit scared of being caught out of position.

Link to this “indication”?

The Prince said that several players were available who the club could have signed but Wilder vetoed them, and they went on to have successful careers elsewhere.

Whether that would include Martinez I don't know, but what I do know is that he went to Villa quite late in the transfer window.

The Prince said that several players were available who the club could have signed but Wilder vetoed them, and they went on to have successful careers elsewhere.

Whether that would include Martinez I don't know, but what I do know is that he went to Villa quite late in the transfer window.
There was also serious links to Uğurcan Çakir last season with several ITKs posting that deals had been agreed with Trabzonspor before we signed Ramsdale. I may be off but Çakir strikes me as a JvW/board identified target and Ramsdale a Wilder/Mitchell one. Obviously Ramdale has done OK this season but I have noticed that he's not been linked with Liverpool, Dortmund, Atlético, RB Leipzig and Sevilla as Çakir is now.

1619168355855.png

Can still see Matinez saving a penalty from the player that wont be here much longer.

At the time i thought why did'nt we sign Martinez he looks confident in goal,i was comparing him to Wilder's pet rabbit who was in goal for us.

There's also a huge difference between operating on a £10m playing wage budget at League One level (including promotion bonuses) and a near £80m budget in the PL last season. It's fine for the manager to be making the decisions top to bottom at L1 level because, frankly, clubs can't afford the support structures but when we're in the Premier League he needs support.

The issues with the playing style annoy me too. Take Brewster and McBurnie. All the evidence suggests that both are penalty area finishers and if we were playing the sort of football which got us promoted to the top flight - ie work a chance for a striker to finish from 6-10 yards out - then they should be flourishing. As it is, we're playing 9 in our own half panicball and expecting the strikers to be challenging on the half way line more than finishing in the opposition's penalty area. You could argue it's the same with Berge. He's a £20m Paul Coutts but we're not giving him the shape which played so exactly to Coutts' strengths: passing options for the man on the ball and innovative runs designed to create overloads have been replaced by static defenders shit scared of being caught out of position.

Totally. We should have had Brewster, McBurnie up top with Berge in midfield, playing with a style and tempo that was going to maximise their abilities.

The fact that all 3 will have barely started in the same line up (despite us being so shit and bottom of the league) tells you there was a whopping disconnect between manager, style/tactics and personnel.

That is where a DoF worth his salt would be making the biggest difference!

That’s defo lost in translation. He wants the manager to give 5 options for a position. Not just one like Wilder did, namely with Ramsdale
That seemingly now is a correct decision.

Can still see Matinez saving a penalty from the player that wont be here much longer.

At the time i thought why did'nt we sign Martinez he looks confident in goal,i was comparing him to Wilder's pet rabbit who was in goal for us.
We wouldn’t pay the wages Villa would do.

Nobody is going to change their mind on any of this now, it's a dead topic.

I've seen the deadline day video where Wilder and his team have multiple targets and move between them on the day. We were linked with a return for Dean Henderson, Cakir and Ramsdale in the summer.

Prince says Wilder came with one option, everyone laps it up without any evidence. Prince bizarrely talks about a keeper we clearly can't compete for or afford to compare to our keeper who he clearly thinks is shit.

How do other clubs know exactly how many targets we have? What's stopping the club from targeting other players as a decoy that we don't want?

Thankfully Ramsdale has turned into a very good signing and I don't think any goalkeeper we could've brought in would've hit the ground running under the weight of expectation they faced fitting into Henderson's gloves.

Back
Top Bottom