Pretend we're rich. Would you risk -6 pts to buy a load of proven Prem quality players?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pretend we're rich. Would you risk -6 pts to buy a load of proven Prem quality players?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 82 36.1%

• Total voters

Longer term, the cost would inevitably end up being a whole lot more - and a whole lot more varied - than -6 points.
So it’s a no from me, I’m out.

I guess to fans of Everton who’ve never been down whilst it’s been the premier league/ ship, they can’t think of a world without being there.

But for the majority of the time since the Premier thing was formed they’ve been shit, bringing in shit Premier League level players, sacking managers but ultimately surviving

For them, their new fancy plastic stadia and their commercial interests they have to be there.

We don’t have to be there. Football is more accessible the lower down you go and it’s more enjoyable

The last few years, partially covid related but also this new found need to be premier leagues football has become less fun to watch

Even the darkest league one days I enjoyed meeting my mates, the football was secondary

And then it got really good as we rose through the leagues and of course went to the premier league… but that first season apart it’s been crap since

Even last year, we knew we had to go up to survive financially. So much pressure and expectation. Promotion is enjoyable but what comes after is generally shit once we’ve done it once in 10 years

I guess to fans of Everton who’ve never been down whilst it’s been the premier league/ ship, they can’t think of a world without being there.

But for the majority of the time since the Premier thing was formed they’ve been shit, bringing in shit Premier League level players, sacking managers but ultimately surviving

For them, their new fancy plastic stadia and their commercial interests they have to be there.

We don’t have to be there. Football is more accessible the lower down you go and it’s more enjoyable

The last few years, partially covid related but also this new found need to be premier leagues football has become less fun to watch

Even the darkest league one days I enjoyed meeting my mates, the football was secondary

And then it got really good as we rose through the leagues and of course went to the premier league… but that first season apart it’s been crap since

Even last year, we knew we had to go up to survive financially. So much pressure and expectation. Promotion is enjoyable but what comes after is generally shit once we’ve done it once in 10 years
In your opinion, not mine.

History suggests we're better with decent players who perform together as a side, and it tends to go to cock when we try to sign anyone for decent money (although signing shite with that money hasn't helped).

Maybe the poll should be "Pretend we're rich, have a manager with a proven track record for making big money signings, and that big money signings want to move to Sheffield". Still a no from me though

No, football is more than just premier league
I kinda want to agree Swiss, but in reality, the coverage, recognition and success of football nowadays is directly linked to the Premier league (the old first division)
The ultimate success was gauged by how you were performing against first division sides, and sadly, that is still the case :(

The whole thing is rotten to the core.

How did the goons come up with 10 points deduction, what metric did they use? Why wasn't it 20 points or even 100 points?

Then by what gauge do they come up we'll give you 4 back, because 10 might just send you down.

It's truly laughable, and in the background City have broken the rules 120 times, but we can't jump in because they've got incredible lawyers so it might take 50 years to sort.

I was talking to a Canadian bloke at the weekend who is a long time US resident but has also lived in the UK. He was on about how he can’t get his around the concept of promotion and relegation given the amount of money that people sink into football clubs and how risky an invest it then becomes.

I commented that the PL is moving toward an MLS type system where only a certain number of clubs can sustain a top level team and any pretenders (like ourselves) are chewed up and spat out fairly quickly.

It’s a protectionist system and therefore not that far removed from the MLS/NFL/NBA/NHL etc.

Even if we were rich they would double the points at the appeal as we are not a fashionable PL Team.

The whole thing is rotten to the core.

How did the goons come up with 10 points deduction, what metric did they use? Why wasn't it 20 points or even 100 points?

Then by what gauge do they come up we'll give you 4 back, because 10 might just send you down.

It's truly laughable, and in the background City have broken the rules 120 times, but we can't jump in because they've got incredible lawyers so it might take 50 years to sort.
The punishment should match what advantage they've gained, plus some. By it being 6 points, the PL are saying they won 2 extra over the whole season from the advantage they've got from the overspend.
It should be unlimited, in City's case, massive deduction.

Back
Top Bottom