Roy's View From... Premiership Fans Views On United's Promotion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Norwich won’t go crazy on the spending front , not sure about Sheff Utd. “

I however, am very sure we won't go crazy on the spending front.

And I couldn't place Burnley on a map, but it's bound to somewhere crap.

They can be located on the festival diary. Look for, "Satan's Jizzfest", their annual celebration of depravity, and a nod to the hurdy-gurdy just to make sure it never goes out of fashion.

Most of those comments were complimentary to be fair to 'em, and obviously they have watched us a number of times on Sky. If the nay-sayers however have based their opinions on top 6 Championship standards based on what they've seen from Leeds, Derby, Villa and West Brom in the playoffs thus far, then I'm not surprised they think we'll go straight back down.

PS - After the value for money Sky TV have had from us over the last 3 seasons we should negotiate a special bonus deal. Unlike the vast majority of Premiership matches, the ones we play in will certainly be entertaining!

They'll be amongst our main rivals next year, no reason why we couldn't take 4 points off them. Can't even think of any decent players they have such is their dullish approach, decent centre halves, couple of ok fowards and absolutely fuckall in midfield.
Don't forget their half a dozen goalkeepers ,Dyches main tactic is to buy every keeper so no one else has one.

Most of those comments were complimentary to be fair to 'em, and obviously they have watched us a number of times on Sky. If the nay-sayers however have based their opinions on top 6 Championship standards based on what they've seen from Leeds, Derby, Villa and West Brom in the playoffs thus far, then I'm not surprised they think we'll go straight back down.

PS - After the value for money Sky TV have had from us over the last 3 seasons we should negotiate a special bonus deal. Unlike the vast majority of Premiership matches, the ones we play in will certainly be entertaining!
There certainly could be lots of goals. :(;)

The comments about “glad it’s not Leeds” make me laugh, they might have to put up with both of us yet!

As usual the smaller clubs are the ones with the biggest chip on their shoulders.

Small man syndrome?

Overall that was nothing like as bad as I expected. Only a few think we're still being manged by Harry.

On the other hand... Burnley. Oh my, are you set up for a fall if you think you're somehow established.
The attitude I expected from the gobshite scouse cunts, not like their decent neighbours. Apart from that very nice reading.

Then there's Burnley...

Well I'm pleasantly surprised by that. I can feel the love, had no idea we are held in such regard by many other supporters

Amused by the comments made by those who obviously haven't a clue as to how we play. Wilder is an anti football dinosaur according to some scouser! We'll need to learn how to keep clean sheets, Deano's golden glove award obviously passed him by. My favourite moronic comment was from the Chelsea fan having a go at Wilder for his comment on Hazard, totally missing the point that Wilder was paying a compliment to both Chelsea and Hazard regarding the quality they have.

Thanks Roy enjoyable as ever.
Yes -just shows how fucking thick some people are doesnt it and shows how self entitled a lot of these so called big clubs have become . I remember Chelsea getting gates of 9-10k before billionaire crook Abromovich took over !

I think Liverpool fans are making assumptions based on the Woodburn loan. It's not our fault he didn't do anything.

It’s instructive to note we’re patronised by tiny nonentities like Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley and Watford (‘tough little outfit’) whilst proper big clubs Man Utd and City, Newcastle, Spurs and Wolves and others are complimentary. The contrast is startling.

I’m no lover of Newton Heath, but two of them are worth repeating:

Sheffield United have been a breath of fresh air in the Championship this year with a unique style of play that must have come as such a relief to the fans who have had to endure many years of hoofball

Sheffield United fully deserve this promotion. Just an example of a talented manager who’s built a club up on relatively minimal resources and also playing the right way.

If only the S2 cavemen were as perceptive, eh?

This one tickled me a bit..

“The day Watford are relegated from the Premier League I will celebrate. An incredibly dull league.My wife is a Sheff Utd fan and after our game on Saturday I went up to Sheffield for a curry and a few beers with her and a load of other Sheff Utd fans. They are all delighted at the glory of promotion, but not one of them is feeling particularly excited about actually being in the Premier League. What is there to be excited about? Premier league success is simply avoiding failure.”

The stupid Chelsea fan that couldn't seem to get that Wilder was paying Hazard a massive compliment..
'fuck off chelsea fc. you haven't got any history. etc... the ultimate plastic club
Bournemouth have gone surprisingly billy big bollocks in a small space of time . with their 10k fans.. 'Brooksy Brooksy what's the score, Brooksy, what's the score'

Looks like a Wednesday fan showed up on the Burnley forum: “Sheffield United are are not even the biggest club in Sheffield.
Look forward to taking 6 pts of them next season”

Looks like a Wednesday fan showed up on the Burnley forum: “Sheffield United are are not even the biggest club in Sheffield.
Look forward to taking 6 pts of them next season”
whatever Burnley, they might be.. do i really give a shit.. does it mean anything? does it entitle anything .. no.

“They need patterning first game of the season”

What the fuck is "patterning"? They make a copy of us? I know Scousers are weird, perhaps it's some kind of local term meaning "robbing" or "stabbing".

“They need patterning first game of the season”

What the fuck is "patterning"? They make a copy of us? I know Scousers are weird, perhaps it's some kind of local term meaning "robbing" or "stabbing".

It's how one talks when one thinks they are a Northen Danny Dyer, if one can imagine such a beast..........

There's two types of Liverpool fans I've met:

1. proper scousers, who tend to just be ordinary fans like the rest of us.

2. Annoying armchair plastic fans who live hundreds of miles away, never go to games, have no connection with Liverpool whatsoever (I've heard some tell jokes about scousers) and seem to think just because they chose to support Liverpool one morning, then that makes them experts in football beyond parallel.

I'm guessing the comments from the Liverpool fans came from group 2 and therefore are invalid in my view as I don't count them as proper football fans!

Fucking Burnley “They’re 10 years behind us”
Well Sheffield is about 20 year ahead of Burnley..........So that makes us about even.

Who knew that Burnley fans would be such massive twats.

Manchester fans I like you.

Blue side of Liverpool you're alright.

Red side, you're making me want Spurs to win the Champions League and I really dislike Spurs.

Don't know why so many people are saying no one has done a Wolves. 3 teams were doing a Wolves, one fell away, and the other got pissed before the last game.

Cheers Roy.

Back
Top Bottom