Player Suggestion Premier League Recruitment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foreign players aren't a bad way to go IF you have the scouting network. We blatantly don't or we would be utilizing it now which pretty much rules out that route if we were promoted.

I posted the Top 50 from the Sky Sports power rankings on another post the other day. There's plenty on there that could make the step up and wouldn't cost the earth.

I think the issue maybe less about the infrastructure. We clearly have good scouts working for us. It could be more to do with the way CW insists on doing a form of due diligence on each new signing. This would be more difficult in a league or country he has no contacts be it managers or players.
UTB

I think the issue maybe less about the infrastructure. We clearly have good scouts working for us. It could be more to do with the way CW insists on doing a form of due diligence on each new signing. This would be more difficult in a league or country he has no contacts be it managers or players.
UTB

I agree mate but we will surely have to broaden our horizons if we want to become established in the Prem as "buying british" can't be the way forward forever just due to the massively inflated costs compared to similar standard abroad.

I get the whole due diligence he likes to have but say Player A costs £15 million in the UK and they're not always a sure thing performance wise and we could get 3 players from abroad for the same money then surely the law of averages says it's a better way of doing things?

Even if only 1 of the 3 players was a hit we'd be no worse off financially. If 2 were then we're quids in and if all 3 worked out then you've got 3 players for the price of one.

I agree mate but we will surely have to broaden our horizons if we want to become established in the Prem as "buying british" can't be the way forward forever just due to the massively inflated costs compared to similar standard abroad.

I get the whole due diligence he likes to have but say Player A costs £15 million in the UK and they're not always a sure thing performance wise and we could get 3 players from abroad for the same money then surely the law of averages says it's a better way of doing things?

Even if only 1 of the 3 players was a hit we'd be no worse off financially. If 2 were then we're quids in and if all 3 worked out then you've got 3 players for the price of one.

As things are currently set politically wouldn’t any foreign recruit have to be an international regular going forward?

Edit they would be on more than £30k so would be fine

If and I mean IF we do actually do this we should really look at Reece James on loan. He would fit perfectly in our system. Mentioned it above but he’s just getting better and better and Chelsea will be looking to loan to the PL next season

If and I mean IF we do actually do this we should really look at Reece James on loan. He would fit perfectly in our system. Mentioned it above but he’s just getting better and better and Chelsea will be looking to loan to the PL next season

Good shout, I'd be happy with him or Holgate competing with Baldock next year.

I'd see Holgate more competing with bash for the Rcb role. Could do both though.

Can't see our CBs getting forward anywhere near as much in the PL. For that reason, playong Holgate there would be a waste of his attacking talent IMO

Also don't think Everton would allow him to come if we played him out of position.

Can't see our CBs getting forward anywhere near as much in the PL. For that reason, playong Holgate there would be a waste of his attacking talent IMO

Also don't think Everton would allow him to come if we played him out of position.
Playing him out of position? He's literally played half his games at Rb and half at Rcb in a back 4. If anything, Rwb would be out of position.

Playing him out of position? He's literally played half his games at Rb and half at Rcb in a back 4. If anything, Rwb would be out of position.

He's played half his games at Everton as RCB? He's always been at RB whenever I've seen him

He's played half his games at Everton as RCB? He's always been at RB whenever I've seen him
Yeah he's played probably half and half. Although he looked lightweight in a 4 at Rcb, but that was a bit of time ago. I think our Rcb role would suit him down to the ground. Even if they aren't charging forward as much, he wouldn't be as exposed as he would in a 4. Could genuinely perform both roles though.

Yeah he's played probably half and half. Although he looked lightweight in a 4 at Rcb, but that was a bit of time ago. I think our Rcb role would suit him down to the ground. Even if they aren't charging forward as much, he wouldn't be as exposed as he would in a 4. Could genuinely perform both roles though.

I'll have to take your word about him playing at CB, fair enough.

Either way, I would love to have him. Great athlete, got great delivery and defensively solid too.

Probably unrealistic but due to the hypothetical nature of this thread, why not. A mix of premier league experience and championship potential in result of relegation.

In
Aaron Mooy
Tom Cairney
Alfie Mawson
Ollie Mcburnie
Dean Henderson
Leroy Fer
Joe Lolley
Callum Robinson
Craig Dawson

Out
John Lundstrum
Connor Washington
Gary Madine
Scott Hogan
Jake Wright
Marvin Johnson
Kieran Dowell

Grosicky at Hull, Jota at Brum, Rico Henry, Maupay, and Benrahma at Brentford, Ryan Woods at Stoke, Webster and Odowda at Brizzle, all the right type and quality, not sure about the cost.

Let's go bladey bladey and get jags, naughton Calvert Lewin ,lowton and see if we can.persuade Brooks, Maguire and walker to get on board the tufty train

Grosicky at Hull, Jota at Brum, Rico Henry, Maupay, and Benrahma at Brentford, Ryan Woods at Stoke, Webster and Odowda at Brizzle, all the right type and quality, not sure about the cost.

Would love Maupay but reckon he falls into the fee bracket we wouldn’t be willing to pay.

I'll have to take your word about him playing at CB, fair enough.

Either way, I would love to have him. Great athlete, got great delivery and defensively solid too.
I’ve seen him play there. Under Koeman. I couldn’t say how many times but more than once.

I’d like to see us sign players that are the best in the Championship, any gems from relegated Prem teams or loans from top clubs. All people who’d have a point to prove but wouldn’t cost us an arm and a leg.

For the starting XI we’d need a GK, RCB, CM (someone a bit more defensive like Fer), AM and a FW at the very least. Then added competition around the park.

Grosicki is a proper arrogant wanker. No way Wilder would sign him. (Source: My girlfriend used to work in the gym he went to)

Absolute long shot but so are most of the posts on here. Abraham will likely want a permanent move if he can't be guaranteed to be in Chelsea's plans next year. Didn't work out at Swansea in the PL but I think he's more than ready now. Probably (definitely) out of our reach though.

Another long shot but Calum Chambers would be a brilliant signing.

And I'm pretty sure Wilder would go for Shane Long if we go up - and I wouldn't mind that at all.

Let's go bladey bladey and get jags, naughton Calvert Lewin ,lowton and see if we can.persuade Brooks, Maguire and walker to get on board the tufty train
To be fair Matt Lowton would tick a lot of boxes; upgrade on what we have, age, attitude, PL experience, British, affordable.

Absolute long shot but so are most of the posts on here. Abraham will likely want a permanent move if he can't be guaranteed to be in Chelsea's plans next year. Didn't work out at Swansea in the PL but I think he's more than ready now. Probably (definitely) out of our reach though.

If he doesn't sign for Villa permanently in the Summer (I think they will win the Play Offs) there's rumours of a move to the Bundesliga.

Reinforcements required in the net, right side of defence, midfield and up top.

I’d seriously try to restrict this to as few as 3 or 4 players that would hopefully improve the first 11, with further ins and outs to improve the squad situation as appropriate to provide good competition and squad depth coverage.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom