Premier league Records

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

dublin 10 blade

Reaction score
While in work and having a long runner on press went onto inter web thingy and googled worst premier league records ( due to various arguments with Dum Pigs šŸ·)
Fewest points 11 Derby
Fewest points at home in a season 7 Sunderland
Fewest away points in a season 3 Derby
Fewest home wins in a season 1 Derby -Sunderland
Fewest away wins in a season 0 Leeds - Coventry - wolves - Norwich-Derby county -Hull
Most home defeats in a season 15 Watford
Most away defeats in a season 17 Burnley
Most defeats in a season 29 Derby -Ipswich Dem Blades - Sunderland
Most consecutive defeats in a season 20 Sunderland
Most draws in a season Man City Dem Blades -Southampton
Fewest goals 20 Dem Blades - Derby
Goal difference-69 Derby ( we should beat that this season )
At home -31 Norwich
Away -38 Derby
Fewest goals scored at home
Fulham 9
Norwich 7
Most conceded at home 55 wigan
Most conceded away 46 Watford
We should beat the goals conceded this season and these records donā€™t include this season obviously but we are far from ā€œ theā€ worst premier league club ever

While in work and having a long runner on press went onto inter web thingy and googled worst premier league records ( due to various arguments with Dum Pigs šŸ·)
Fewest points 11 Derby
Fewest away wins in a season 0 Leeds - Coventry - wolves - Norwich-Derby county -Hull
At home -31 Norwich
Away -38 Derby
Fulham 9
Norwich 7
We should beat the goals conceded this season and these records donā€™t include this season obviously but we are far from ā€œ theā€ worst premier league club ever
I love a stat, but should point out that Sunderland's 20-game losing streak straddled 2 seasons.

The longest losing streak within one Prem season is their 15-game fuckupfest in 2002-03. To put that in perspective, in our disastrous 2020-21 season the most we lost on the bounce was 8, and this season we only managed a run of 6.

I love a stat, but should point out that Sunderland's 20-game losing streak straddled 2 seasons.

The longest losing streak within one Prem season is their 15-game fuckupfest in 2002-03. To put that in perspective, in our disastrous 2020-21 season the most we lost on the bounce was 8, and this season we only managed a run of 6.
Thanks mate it just came up as a 20 game losing streak but fuck me thatā€™s an atrocious statistic

0-8, 5-0, 5-0, 0-5, 0-5, 0-6. 34 conceded without scoring over 6 games (not consecutive). Bit of a convoluted one but I bet we have that.

16 conceded over 3 consecutive home games might be another

Fewest points 11 Derby
At home -31 Norwich
Away -38 Derby
Fulham 9
Norwich 7
Well done on the stats, just shows you how lazy the so called pundits like Carragher that can't or won't do there homework šŸ™„ šŸ‘

Probably the biggest one on TV and there's plenty to choose from, the Sheffield folk won't get the joke šŸ˜€
No they wonā€™t mate but take your pick off skysports
Youā€™re not the lad that phones Blades Ramble are ya fella ?

No pal,l follow Jimmy's content alright.
If you're ever in the real capital give us a shout.

Thanks mate it just came up as a 20 game losing streak but fuck me thatā€™s an atrocious statistic
That season for sunderland is fascinating.

At the halfway stage they weren't even in the relegation zone, and had beaten spurs and liverpool, and held the latter to a draw at Anfield.

Second half of the season they managed 1 point in 19 games!

It was Blades 2020-21esque as they lost a lot of games by just one or two goals and didn't ever really get hammered, apart from on the final day of the season v Arsenal. We also have the claim to fame of knocking them out of the League Cup that season (triple assault).

Fewest points 11 Derby
At home -31 Norwich
Away -38 Derby
Fulham 9
Norwich 7
Found two more...

Most consecutive games without a win from start of the season (17) in 2020 - 2021

Last edited:
And one I've only just found out?

Most yellow cards in one match (13) This season away at Spurs. 23/24

Fewest points 11 Derby
At home -31 Norwich
Away -38 Derby
Fulham 9
Norwich 7
I think the goals conceded home and away are wrong way around, we might break Watfords record

Fewest points 11 Derby
Most defeats in a season 29 Derby, Dem Blades, Sunderland
Most consecutive defeats in a season 15 Sunderland
Fewest draws in a season 2 Man City Dem Blades Southampton
Goal difference -69 Derby ( we should beat that this season )
At home -31 Norwich
Away -38 Derby
Fewest goals scored at home Fulham 9
Fewest goals scored away Norwich 7
Most conceded at home 47* Dem Blades
Most conceded away 55 Wigan
I removed Ipswich from the most defeats category as they played 42 games in 1994/95.

I've also added our new record for goals conceded at home

Of those, only these are attainable this season:
  • Goals conceded: we're on 82 with seven games to go. Even if we had Super Wes back in goal I'd say we're a safe bet to set a new benchmark here

• Worst goal difference: we're on -52 with 7 games to go. We have to face Spurs, Newcastle and Man U who are all top 8 sides but we've also got Brentford, Forest, Everton and Burnley who are bottom 6 so ending with -18 over the remaining 7 games is a stretch. I think Derby's record is safe

• Worst home goal difference: we're on -30 with 3 games to go but we have Spurs to come at the Lane. This will depend entirely on the results against Burnley and Forest: beat them both and I think Norwich will keep the record but lose to either and it's ours

Completely random 'record' in my opinion. The club has been in existance for 133 years, and has been mostly in the top flight. During this time, the top flight has changed its name twice, changed the number of teams more than once, and undergone several structural reorganizations including awarding 3 points for a win instead of two.

You could randomly cite 'post war' records, records in the 3 points for a win era, records from 'this century,' Premier League (but not Premiership) records, records over the past century etc etc. A 'Premier League record' means nothing.

I removed Ipswich from the most defeats category as they played 42 games in 1994/95.

I've also added our new record for goals conceded at home

Of those, only these are attainable this season:
  • Goals conceded: we're on 82 with seven games to go. Even if we had Super Wes back in goal I'd say we're a safe bet to set a new benchmark here

• Worst goal difference: we're on -52 with 7 games to go. We have to face Spurs, Newcastle and Man U who are all top 8 sides but we've also got Brentford, Forest, Everton and Burnley who are bottom 6 so ending with -18 over the remaining 7 games is a stretch. I think Derby's record is safe

• Worst home goal difference: we're on -30 with 3 games to go but we have Spurs to come at the Lane. This will depend entirely on the results against Burnley and Forest: beat them both and I think Norwich will keep the record but lose to either and it's ours
Cheers for that BB, makes an easy read for all these stats. Could you do a list end of the season of all the records we'd hold going into the next PL season?

Cheers for that BB, makes an easy read for all these stats. Could you do a list end of the season of all the records we'd hold going into the next PL season?
As it stands, we hold the following records, either outright or shared:
  • First goalscorers in the Premier League (cannot be beaten)
  • Most defeats in a 38-game season: 29 in 2020/21 (shared with Sunderland in 2005/06 and Derby in 2007/08)
  • Fewest draws in a 38-game season: 2 in 2020/21 (shared with Man City & Spurs in 2018/19)
  • Most consecutive games without a win from the start of a season: 17 in 2020/21
  • Most goals conceded at home: 47* in 2023/24
  • Fewest goals scored in a 38-game season: 20 in 2020/21 (shared with Derby in 2007/08)
  • Latest goal: 103rd minute (Oli McBurnie vs West Ham, 21/1/24)

• Most defeats in a 38-game season: 29 in 2020/21 (shared with Sunderland in 2005/06 and Derby in 2007/08)
  • Fewest draws in a 38-game season: 2 in 2020/21 (shared with Man City & Spurs in 2018/19)
  • Most consecutive games without a win from the start of a season: 17 in 2020/21
  • Fewest goals scored in a 38-game season: 20 in 2020/21 (shared with Derby in 2007/08)
Brilliant, so there's a few more we could break by May? šŸ˜¬

I also read our game vs Spurs away this season was the most yellow cards in one match. (13)

We also hold the record for most draws in a 42 game season (18, in 1993-4) jointly with Man City and Southampton.

It is curious that we share the record for most and fewest draws with Man City.

There is another record we can have a crack at. The biggest aggregate score in a season is Man City 12 Watford 0 in 2019-20. If Newcastle beat us by 5 goals they will beat that. We have already broken the club record this season, 0-11 v Arsenal being our worst home and away aggregate score of all time.

Fewest points 11 Derby
At home -31 Norwich
Away -38 Derby
Fulham 9
Norwich 7
Good to know that in our 135 year history were not the absolute worst top flight team thereā€™s ever been.

I donā€™t know about you, but if the players donā€™t kick on with that little shot in the arm, there really is no saving them!

šŸ¤£

We also hold the record for most draws in a 42 game season (18, in 1993-4) jointly with Man City and Southampton.

It is curious that we share the record for most and fewest draws with Man City.

There is another record we can have a crack at. The biggest aggregate score in a season is Man City 12 Watford 0 in 2019-20. If Newcastle beat us by 5 goals they will beat that. We have already broken the club record this season, 0-11 v Arsenal being our worst home and away aggregate score of all time.
On that last point, the biggest aggregate score in our history is 14-0 which we achieved against Port Vale in 1892/93 (10-0 at Bramall Lane, 4-0 away). I doubt it but that could be at risk.

On that last point, the biggest aggregate score in our history is 14-0 which we achieved against Port Vale in 1892/93 (10-0 at Bramall Lane, 4-0 away). I doubt it but that could be at risk.
We beat Port Vale 10-0 away from home mate - the 4-0 was at the lane. Biggest away win of all time, of course - a record that we ourselves put at risk v Newcastle this season!

Is the record conceded 100? A possibility we could concede under 16 more if we drop Grbic now.

Back
Top Bottom