Predicting Sheffield United's Transfers 2024/25

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is he fit though? Completely forgot about him. He had an excellent goals per game record.
Quality player and I would like to sign him because I love players with funny / shit nicknames. But, yeah, injuries are a concern and I just feel we can’t carry another striker on good money who is always and injury risk

The game was already lost, on Sunday, when Holgate came on. I was surprised as my gut feeling was that CW would have brought McAtee on, as a sort of "goodbye" to the fans. The fact he brought Holgate on made me wonder if the plans are already in place for him to come back.
More likely Wildr didn't want a 5 or 6 nil hammering at home in the final match.
He and us couldn't wait for this debacle of a season to end.

Yes. I do not see us being in a position where we are pushing for immediate promotion, or at least I am happy to work on a longer timescale than one season to get there, so let's see what they can actually do when given a consistent run with a decent supply of chances.
So you would be happy with a possible 2nd relegation ,a forward line lacking any experience would leave us in dire trouble

It wouldn't. People need to stop with this absurd pessimism. This is a division so shit even the Pigs could stay up.
I think some of our fans forget just how big the gap is getting between the championship and the premier league, we didn't have a great squad under Hecky (even if it was spearheaded by Ndiaye).

I don't think Burnley's was much better than us tbh, yet it soon became clear that both of us were leaps and bounds ahead of pretty much every other team that season.

It wouldn't. People need to stop with this absurd pessimism. This is a division so shit even the Pigs could stay up.
I'm not a pessimist just a realist and with an inexperienced forward line we would be in trouble.We need to sign a striker not lose one.

Can imagine how the conversation would go 2-3 years ago if you were in charge. "Iliman Ndiaye? Inexperienced. Will never work. Loan him out to Doncaster, we'll come back to him next season, and can someone tell me why Cameron Jerome isn't answering my calls?"

Can imagine how the conversation would go 2-3 years ago if you were in charge. "Iliman Ndiaye? Inexperienced. Will never work. Loan him out to Doncaster, we'll come back to him next season, and can someone tell me why Cameron Jerome isn't answering my calls?"
Isn't that what we did with Ndiaye? We signed him and immediately sent him out on loan for the season. Fair play we were in the Premier League at the time.

He's not out of contract until 2025 but I can't imagine it would take a lot to convince Everton to get him off the wage bill as they are desperate to reduce it. Not that I'd really want him.
I to dont want him

Yes. I do not see us being in a position where we are pushing for immediate promotion, or at least I am happy to work on a longer timescale than one season to get there, so let's see what they can actually do when given a consistent run with a decent supply of chances.

Do you want us to be in a relegation scrap ?

I don’t understand why basing opinions on what you’ve seen before you makes you a pessimist.
Osula- if he’d finished half the good chances he’d had last season he’d have 6 premier league goals. He’s got 0.
It seems some think that just having 2 months off he will suddenly develop the ruthlessness to finish his chances when in truth he won’t be doing a great deal.

I also don’t buy the “fans will be patient” lark….im telling you now, if those two start and miss a few good chances seeing points go begging the fans will be on them. Making it worse.

He needs to be out on loan, playing every week without the big pressure here. Missing some but then gradually seeing more chances come as his pace and strength is too much for lower league players. Once he’s bagged a few and learned when to shoot, take a touch etc and become a little prolific he will then be ready to push for a place at a higher level.

I don’t understand why basing opinions on what you’ve seen before you makes you a pessimist.
Osula- if he’d finished half the good chances he’d had last season he’d have 6 premier league goals. He’s got 0.

This is exactly the sort of bullshit that I am talking about - wild exaggerations of what a player should have done compared to reality, so that you can claim they are worse than they actually are. If he had six PL goals, he would have been outperforming his xG by four. He had a grand total of three chances all season where you would expect someone to score more than one in every five times - one away to Burnley being the best chance he missed, then one each at home to Luton and West Ham. I don't know what your definition of a good chance is, but if you're claiming Osula had twelve last season then I'm going to guess it is wildly different to anyone else who has ever watched a game of football

GK
Rushworh loan
Experienced back up

Centre back
Joe Worrall
And another

Lwb
Ryan Giles
Burrows

Rwb
Solid back up to bogle

Cm
Anyone is an improvement on souza

Up top
Need to keep mcburnie and get at least one in

"Outrageous scenes unbelievable scenes" - John Egan
Wendy allegedly wanting to take him on loan. We really should be looking at this kid. I'll be gutted if he goes next door.

Back
Top Bottom