Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Southampton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't understand why people get so upset on here with comments from fans of other clubs.

We are of no relevance to Southampton at all. We're a team who have come from League One to the Premier League in two years and we haven't been in the same league as them for over a decade. The majority of their fans will know very little about us, and why would they?

Stop whining everybody, it makes us look worse than them.

Don't understand why people get so upset on here with comments from fans of other clubs.

We are of no relevance to Southampton at all. We're a team who have come from League One to the Premier League in two years and we haven't been in the same league as them for over a decade. The majority of their fans will know very little about us, and why would they?

Don’t think it’s a case of anybody getting upset, more just marvelling at the lack of knowledge about us which they then post.

It’s just a bit of fun at others expense.

It’s what forums are all about tbh, interesting to get others viewpoints compared to our own.

Don’t think it’s a case of anybody getting upset, more just marvelling at the lack of knowledge about us which they then post.

That's my point though, why should they have any knowledge about us?

They'll just look at our squad and recognise a couple of names like Sharp and McGoldrick.

They have every right to think that we're just another team that they should be beating.

When we were in League One how much knowledge did our fans have about teams coming up like Crawley and Fleetwood?

Fuck all is the answer.

402A33AA-5752-4F66-98DA-7E6B403B326F.jpeg

Our new Egyptian signing Mo Mentuum
You won't be able to afford your business class flight the day after the Boxing Day game when I've sued you for breach of copywrite - see post 25. I'll settle out of court for a packet of Werthers to save you the stress... ;)

This United side, unlike any in my 42 year memory, is capable of getting a win in every game we play, we don't hide and we play the football that gives us a chance.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

We have a winner for 'sentence of the day' and this will carry forward to our 'sentence of the week/month/year/ever' competitions.

That's my point though, why should they have any knowledge about us?

They'll just look at our squad and recognise a couple of names like Sharp and McGoldrick.

They have every right to think that we're just another team that they should be beating.

When we were in League One how much knowledge did our fans have about teams coming up like Crawley and Fleetwood?

Fuck all is the answer.
I’m not really sure why you read Roy’s View from?

You know what the thread is about, you know it’s a thread where the comments are discussed and yet you seem to take exception to the reaction to the comments?

It’d be a bit boring if everybody agreed with the opposition. “Yeah we do lack quality, yeah all we’ve got is momentum yeah we are a physical side, yeah we’re certs to go down.

Why the blinking ‘ell are you even interested enough to read this thread?

Wow!

These lot sound like the first home game back in the Championship - Brentford wasn’t it?

It seems everyone apart from Burnley are vying for the top 6 this season

I’m not really sure why you read Roy’s View from?

You know what the thread is about, you know it’s a thread where the comments are discussed and yet you seem to take exception to the reaction to the comments?

It’d be a bit boring if everybody agreed with the opposition. “Yeah we do lack quality, yeah all we’ve got is momentum yeah we are a physical side, yeah we’re certs to go down.

Why the blinking ‘ell are you even interested enough to read this thread?

I don't read them all, just the odd one or two.

It's pretty much the same every week.

Cheers Roy. It’s so funny to know they base their knowledge of us on what they say on MOTD🤣🤣.
It’s time to bring them back down to earth!!. UTB ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

Same old really.. but nice to read with whiskey in hand as always. Top work again weirdo. Class act. They may be surprised come 4:45. (Hoping). Cheers Panchero

More like 30secs before they were running for the exits hahahaha I was in the middle of that little fracas ............................. it didn't end well for them👊🥾🥾👊
I was only a chabby at that game (14) but I saw it and you’re spot on

"Our high press and non-stop effort style will not suit them"

Is this the same high press that has resulted in the 4th LOWEST shots in the league? :)

You won't be able to afford your business class flight the day after the Boxing Day game when I've sued you for breach of copywrite - see post 25. I'll settle out of court for a packet of Werthers to save you the stress... ;)
I went for the Egyptian spelling and i had naming rights and shit sorted years ago in case we ever signed a player i'd never heard of until we signed him.

See you in court :p

Ladies and Gentlemen!

We have a winner for 'sentence of the day' and this will carry forward to our 'sentence of the week/month/year/ever' competitions.

Ha ha when i read it back it does sound a bit daft!

You get what i mean though, past sides you'd say that they might sneak a win if everything goes their way, this side you think that we can actually get a win because we're a very good side

“No colours in the streets no trouble”

It’s sheffield not Kabul. What a twat!

After the 2014 LC game, I walked up Bramall Lane, Denby Street, Boston Street etc. and there were some pissed up/drugged up young Saints fans threatening and smacking anybody they could on the 'backwacks'. Won't happen this afternoon. It'll be daylight and there'll be coppers about.

Ha ha when i read it back it does sound a bit daft!

You get what i mean though, past sides you'd say that they might sneak a win if everything goes their way, this side you think that we can actually get a win because we're a very good side

It didn't sound daft at all, I did get what you mean and was being sincere (for once).

I wholly agree with your point. Basset's side and periods of Warnock's teams, both had spirit and the ability to come back, but not always the ability. This side beats them all for me.

As I've said many times before and have bored everybody rigid, enjoy it while it lasts.

It won't be like this for ever.

It didn't sound daft at all, I did get what you mean and was being sincere (for once).

I wholly agree with your point. Basset's side and periods of Warnock's teams, both had spirit and the ability to come back, but not always the ability. This side beats them all for me.

As I've said many times before and have bored everybody rigid, enjoy it while it lasts.

It won't be like this for ever.

Why can't it be like this long term? We're still building and barring a disaster (theres always one around the corner at United, as we know), we'll continue to build.

Again, the problem in the past following Bassett and Warnock (reaching their peaks) was that we probably (definitely) didn't have the infrastructure and expertise to continue building, so we regressed to our natural level. Bringing Robson in was theoretically aimed at building on what we have... obviously it didn't and was never likely to work

Now we have a great opportunity to continue to build, we've got a fantastic set up and hopefully we can continue to build and make this more permanent. Still lots of work to be done to prove the theory this season, but we're a quality side now. Not just a whipping boy.

“Fingers-crossed Adams does “an Abraham” and scores goals against defences he’s used to scoring against.”

Eh?

"Our high press and non-stop effort style will not suit them at all and as long as we turn up for the first half on the day it should be a comfortable win, even 0-3 perhaps.”

Ok

"Blades so far remind me of Hudds two years ago. They’ve got a good fighting spirit and they’ve kept their momentum going from the end of their promotion season. But they are a limited side in terms of quality "

Oh fuck off lol

This is just a fucking parody now 😆

Bet Roy doesn't even go on their boards. Bet he just sits at home making up quotes to wind us lot up.

Why can't it be like this long term?

The non-Alpine bit of your username answers that.

We're still building and barring a disaster (theres always one around the corner at United, as we know), we'll continue to build.

I'd love it to be so, but as you well know, if our ownership battle doesn't bollocks it all up, there will be another Tevez/Ched/Hans Segers around the corner waiting to come and kick us in the balls.

I admire your optimism though, clearly a sign you managed to escape Sheffield.

Bet Roy doesn't even go on their boards. Bet he just sits at home making up quotes to wind us lot up.

He does. He lives around the corner from us and I know his mum. She's always calling him down from his tea and telling him he spends too much time on that computer.

He's not even called Roy, so he's obviously a pathological liar. They are all the same. Beans puts on funny voices at the end of his pod and pretends to speak to some Yank Saint's fan and that Deadbat is neither deceased nor a piece of cricketing equipment.

I think I'm the only one on here who posts under their real name!

Back
Top Bottom